Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,213 members, 7,836,034 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 07:30 PM

'No, I Was Not Tempted To Leave Arsenal For Man United' - Arsene Wenger Opens Up - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 'No, I Was Not Tempted To Leave Arsenal For Man United' - Arsene Wenger Opens Up (380 Views)

Alex Iwobi: Why I Left Arsenal For Everton / It Will Be Difficult To Stay — Lichtsteiner Set To Leave Arsenal In Summer / Arsene Wenger To Leave Arsenal At The End Of The Season As 22-year Reign Ends (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

'No, I Was Not Tempted To Leave Arsenal For Man United' - Arsene Wenger Opens Up by celebsnes: 11:17am On Sep 11, 2017
Arsene Wenger has opened up on why he snubbed Manchester United top job..

It was revealed that Wenger could also have taken the England job as recently as last year as well as Manchester United..

In his new autobiography, former chairman Martin Edwards revealed for the first time that Wenger was the club's unanimous choice to succeed Sir Alex Ferguson and how they twice secretly met with the Arsenal manager to discuss the possibility of him taking over from his great rival in 2002.

The outcome followed all of Wenger’s past dalliances. A brief period of flirtation was followed by reaffirming his marriage to Arsenal - but was he seriously tempted?

Now, Wenger responded saying;

“No, because I love the values of this club and, for me, a club is about values first,” he said. “A lot has changed but when I came here this club was about values that I love in sport. That is why I am still in the competition.

When I arrived here we were 80 staff; today we are 700. Most of them I don’t know anymore.

“Of course Manchester United is attractive but I always question myself. Am I happy here? The answer was yes.”

There was then a wry smile and an acknowledgment of the deep split in the fanbase over the wisdom of keeping him at Arsenal for another two year contract.

“I was always happy here... more than people are happy with me.”

see more at >> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/no-not-tempted-leave-arsenal-man-united-arsene-wenger-opens/

Re: 'No, I Was Not Tempted To Leave Arsenal For Man United' - Arsene Wenger Opens Up by lafflaff123(m): 11:19am On Sep 11, 2017
Hiss.
Re: 'No, I Was Not Tempted To Leave Arsenal For Man United' - Arsene Wenger Opens Up by celebsnes: 11:19am On Sep 11, 2017
cc lalasticlala cc mynd44 cc semid4lyfe, cc honeric01
Re: 'No, I Was Not Tempted To Leave Arsenal For Man United' - Arsene Wenger Opens Up by Samsimple(m): 11:21am On Sep 11, 2017
Abeg man utd no fit sign failure.. Only top notched successful and special coaches ..up man utd

(1) (Reply)

Eagles Edge Past Benin To Reach Sunday’s WAFU Cup Final / [VIDEO] Lacazette Scores Two In Arsenal's 2-0 Win Over West Brom | Goals / Ronaldo, Portugal Lock Down World Cup Spot

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.