Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,075 members, 7,811,014 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 08:43 PM

The Late Rains What You Can Do - Agriculture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / The Late Rains What You Can Do (373 Views)

Don't Be Deceived By Early Rains.... 2023 Onset Rainfall In Nigeria / A Soft Bed: What My Wife And I Do When It Rains On The Farm (Video) / Fellow Farmers..first Rains Are Here! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Late Rains What You Can Do by cosmos1440: 12:00pm On Sep 11, 2017
If you are a crop farmer then you must know that the best time to go into farning is now, especially if you are based in South Western Nigeria.
With the floods wrecking havoc in agricultural states like Kogi and Benue with more flooding expected in Kwara, Ondo , Delta, Rivers, Bayelsa, Anambra and Imo states according to NEMA, this means there is going to be a drastic reduction in food crops and a sharp increase in the prices of food stuffs in the last quarter of the year. If you are business savvy investingin crop farming starting in September is one of the best invesrments you can make this year.
So what can be planted this year ? You might ask.
The following are crops that can be cultivated together on a piece of land (mixed cropping) .
1) Cassava
2) Maize
3) Watermelon
4) Cuccumber
5) leafy vegetables such as African Spinach (efo tete or green) Lagos Spinach (efo soko) and Jute leaf (ewedu).
Within a week i will share subsequent posts on how to cultovate theses crops profitably on a single piece of land.
Let me stop here for now.
Contributions and questions are welcomed.

(1) (Reply)

Food Crops Available In Your Farm / Fertilizer For Fish And Crop Growth / Fingerlings Juvenile And Breeder Stock Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.