Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,462 members, 7,819,687 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 08:55 PM

Tope Azeez Speaks On Giving People At Work A Chance - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Tope Azeez Speaks On Giving People At Work A Chance (503 Views)

Never Work A Day In Your Life Again With Glo Salary For Life Lottery Games / Why Do People At Work Always Assume A Lady Who Sets Boundaries Is Not Humble / Tope Omage: A Woman Who Wants To Go Far Should Respect Her Husband (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Tope Azeez Speaks On Giving People At Work A Chance by fleps(m): 7:19pm On Sep 11, 2017
I asked my boss how the interview with one of my referrals had gone. He had delegated it to my senior colleagues. This was their feedback:

“he lacks depth”

“if we are to consider him at all, he won’t be worth up to consultant level”

“i will not be recommending him”

“he has been out of consulting in a while and appears shallow”.

I told my boss that he should see him still and keep an open mind.

My boss met with him and liked him instantly. Few months into his resumption he is suddenly the star of the unit, most presentations to our client board had to be made by him, he is a compulsory addition to new projects, he was dependable to a fault and even got accelerated promotions and benefits even I didn’t have and might I add he also became so close to the so-called colleagues who never thought he was worth the chance.

Sometimes we sit on a self-created and praised pedestal thinking we are the master of all, but that trait alone blinds us to the potential of others. See beyond yourself and give others that chance that someone once gave you.

My name is Tope and there is nothing I love more than seeing the rejected become the chief corner stone of excellence. #MondayMotivation #Leadership #Chances #BelievingInPeople

Tope Azeez-Stephen
Temitope Azeez is the Head, Talent Management of Jumia spanning Jumia Travels, Jumia Market, Jumia Deals, Jumia House, Jumia Food and Jumia Cars. She has over 11 years experience in the areas of Talent Acquisition, Learning and Development, Competency Development, Talent Management, HR Advisory, Workforce Planning, HR Technology Administration, Compensation Advisory, Performance Management alongside other skills.

https://www.acegoals.com/tope-azeez-workplacetips-giving-chances/
Re: Tope Azeez Speaks On Giving People At Work A Chance by Nobody: 7:21pm On Sep 11, 2017
Re: Tope Azeez Speaks On Giving People At Work A Chance by SalamRushdie: 7:25pm On Sep 11, 2017
That's how a certain woman from Barbados turned downed my company from working with JUMIA for no reason after wasting our resources for months but today it has turned out to be a blessing in Disguise..
Re: Tope Azeez Speaks On Giving People At Work A Chance by fleps(m): 11:42am On Sep 12, 2017
SalamRushdie:
That's how a certain woman from Barbados turned downed my company from working with JUMIA for no reason after wasting our resources for months but today it has turned out to be a blessing in Disguise..

That's a good one sir.

People do not know that giving someone a chance can turn out to be a blessing in the long run

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

All For Free! Learn Web Design, Digital Marketing, Graphic Designs,video Editing / Do You Wish To Get An Oil & Gas Job? / Nigerian Army Recruitment Form For 2017/2018 Is Now On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.