Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,182 members, 7,821,998 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 12:28 AM

How Do I Protect My Tech Ideas In Nigeria & Everything I Need To Know Please... - Science/Technology - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / How Do I Protect My Tech Ideas In Nigeria & Everything I Need To Know Please... (533 Views)

Falcon Killed In Nigeria Everything About How And Why It Entered Nigeria / My Tech Hub / Chicken Dies After Killing A Snake While Trying To Protect Its Babies. Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Protect My Tech Ideas In Nigeria & Everything I Need To Know Please... by SirHackeem: 11:39pm On Sep 11, 2017
I always thought I was the only one having this challenge until I met some other tech gurus but sadly almost everybody is so focused on creating their idea and building one website or mobile app or the other and not everyone is actually thinking of protecting their idea.

It appears the Nigerian Copyrights Commission is doing a good job because personally I know of one or two things I have copyrighted and even have my copyright certificate with me but in the real sense of it, how far do all these protections go?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDrHkZsrKQA

I saw that video above on top 10 patents and how they ended up creating billion dollar empires and it is shocking to know that even slice bread has a patent document attached to it...relax oooo not the bread it self oooo but thats not even the main thing but how guys like Dropbox, Facebook and all these guys protect their own ideas and then build a business around me is what baffles me.

and here in Nigeria all my tech guys are busy depending on the level of busy, some are busy looking for free browsing cheats, others are busy building mobile app or websites, some are busy selling something they dont need...everybody is sha busy but really who is busy trying to protect their original idea and intellectual property because to me that is what i really think is the main thing.

Or else few years from now we will realize we are all not really smart tech guys until we can protect that which we create so now the main thing I think we should be asking ourselves do these things really work in Nigeria? trademark, patent, copyrights and all of these things?

If you know any lawyer, please help us ask them so we can all talk about this matter oooo because my People I think its time we sit tight and work smarter. Thats how recently I found out that even some of our media contents we are paying the owners rights to use them see Big Brother Naija, See The Voice Nigeria...many of these things are intellectual properties of some other people and so we even pay to use them..

I heard there is this company Endemol or something maybe later you can be doing your research but really let's all come together to enlighten ourselves on the importance of protecting our ideas and intellectual property so anybody that has any clue or anything that can assist, please share and for once let's take this matter serious and work towards it together...

so please how would you rate the intellectual property protection standards in Nigeria please?
Re: How Do I Protect My Tech Ideas In Nigeria & Everything I Need To Know Please... by leatfabiano3681(m): 1:30pm On Sep 12, 2017
Nice topic....but as far as I know you can't get a patent for an idea....u can only get patent for something tangible.....and also you need to make research if you are the first person with the idea.

(1) (Reply)

The World Will End On September 23, Christian Numerologists Claim / Another Moon Discovered By Nasa Which Means Earth Now As Two Moons / Download Google Pixel 2’s Pixel Launcher With The Bottom Search Bar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.