Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,220 members, 7,811,616 topics. Date: Sunday, 28 April 2024 at 03:44 PM

Blog Niches That Need More Attention By Nigeria Bloggers - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Blog Niches That Need More Attention By Nigeria Bloggers (799 Views)

Best Blogging Niches That You Can Get Fast Traffic And Make More Money / Pick The Best Blog Niches In Nigeria Or Waste Time Blogging / Blog Niches You Must Run Away From As A Nigerian Blogger (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Blog Niches That Need More Attention By Nigeria Bloggers by Nijablog: 9:45am On Sep 12, 2017
Last time in the thread, http://www.nijablog.com.ng/showthread.php?tid=18 ,I wrote about blog Niches that are already saturated in which to survive creating such niche blog will take a lot in you and it came with various criticisms. Some agreeing with the thread,Others thought I am discouraging others and some asked that I list less saturated niches as well to which this post seeks to address.
But be mindful cause in my last article, I didn't discourage anyone venturing into those Niche blogs rather I advised them esp. young bloggers to introduce something new that others are not doing to succeed or else they will be stranded in their career e.g see the young man/woman who owns naijanewspaper.com.ng,he introduced something new or not that popular I.e writing about various newspapers headlines daily and there he/she is already making it.
So going back to the topics, I shall be listing some blogging niche that are not yet saturated in Nigeria.
1.Religion: We all know how religious Nigerians are both Muslims, Christians and pagans but it is painful to note that there are not yet a blogging site that brings the WORD to them,brings out various religious history/fact they are not yet familiar with e.t.c.I have explored many nigerian blogs and I haven't seen any that address this Niche.I stand to be corrected.
2.Lifestyle: Lifestyle is wide I.e entertainment can be consider to be part of lifestyle but clothing is also part of lifestyle.it is painful to note that despite nigerians love for clothing and looking good,there are no blog or if there are,it's only few that address this niche.someone will be like what can I write about in clothing? but you can actually write about the latest trend or style of clothing in town,cost,how to match outfits,how to wear some types of clothing esp. that of women.
3.Traveling: Nigerians love traveling and I believe all humans do love traveling even when there is no money,we still want to know how travelling on an airplane,train and others means of transportation are,the manners involved e.t.c.
This is a blogging niche that can go far.You can even write about the best hotels in a given area and trust me,hotels will even start paying you to write for them or write something good about them in your blog just to attract more customers,so you can see the chances and even i,Joseph in particular love these types of blogs and can read almost every article on them.
4.Sport: No doubt every man in nigeria and probably most women love sport esp. Football but there aren't enough blogs to cater for this audience. Though there are some but very few and they aren't even doing that great.so if you can write articles about sport very well though not everybody can write great sport articles cause it demands out of the extraordinary journalism style,why don't you venture into it than creating news,entertainment and the rest of their likes blog.
5.Others: E.t.c.
In conclusion there are many niches of blogging in Nigeria whose blogs can succeed easily cause there are no much blogs into that niche and such blog articles are also great.
Re: Blog Niches That Need More Attention By Nigeria Bloggers by ITbomb(m): 10:26am On Sep 12, 2017
It is not advisable to blog on stuff that people are not looking for unless you are really an expert in it ie, it is what you do for a living and you just want to blog about it.

For your list, let's see how it works in Nigeria

1. Religion: As far as Nigerians are concerned, there is no objectivity in religion matters, it is either you are for Pastor Chris or you are not. If you are for him, then the main source of stuff to read is from papa himself. You would succeed more as a social media "spreader" than writing stuff about what he teaches.
A very few percentage do Bible researches and if you rely on them, you would be seeing pageview of 12 a day

2. Lifestyle: Yeah, this is the only one that can work. People are looking for specific information about events, clothings, wedding stuff, cakes motor bikes, workout etc. But for you to succeed, you must be involve passionately in those things offline before you can blog successfully in them. Copy and paste bloggers will fail in the long run.

3. Travelling: A very low percentage of Nigerians do travel to other part of the country for fun, others still rely on ancient stories. This is evidence in NYSC, a full graduate of the university would still believe some part of a country eat people for a living without doing a good research. No one will visit.

4. Sport: Sport blogging is almost impossible, reason? It is very difficult for one person to follow all sport activities and also have time to write on all of them. Sport report is done by a corporate body with lots of people working as a team and Nigerians would rather go to goal . com than some one-man blog.
The only aspect of sport blogging that can work in Nigeria is betting but if you burn 3 tickets, you are off
Re: Blog Niches That Need More Attention By Nigeria Bloggers by Nijablog: 6:09pm On Sep 12, 2017
ITbomb:
It is not advisable to blog on stuff that people are not looking for unless you are really an expert in it ie, it is what you do for a living and you just want to blog about it.

For your list, let's see how it works in Nigeria

1. Religion: As far as Nigerians are concerned, there is no objectivity in religion matters, it is either you are for Pastor Chris or you are not. If you are for him, then the main source of stuff to read is from papa himself. You would succeed more as a social media "spreader" than writing stuff about what he teaches.
A very few percentage do Bible researches and if you rely on them, you would be seeing pageview of 12 a day

2. Lifestyle: Yeah, this is the only one that can work. People are looking for specific information about events, clothings, wedding stuff, cakes motor bikes, workout etc. But for you to succeed, you must be involve passionately in those things offline before you can blog successfully in them. Copy and paste bloggers will fail in the long run.

3. Travelling: A very low percentage of Nigerians do travel to other part of the country for fun, others still rely on ancient stories. This is evidence in NYSC, a full graduate of the university would still believe some part of a country eat people for a living without doing a good research. No one will visit.

4. Sport: Sport blogging is almost impossible, reason? It is very difficult for one person to follow all sport activities and also have time to write on all of them. Sport report is done by a corporate body with lots of people working as a team and Nigerians would rather go to goal . com than some one-man blog.
The only aspect of sport blogging that can work in Nigeria is betting but if you burn 3 tickets, you are off
You are ryt though but i disagree with u on the aspect of traveling, though people don't like to travel for various reasons including inability to afford it but they still want to know about traveling stuff e.g I haven't travel on an aeroplane once but I still desire to know how it feels like traveling on it.
Re: Blog Niches That Need More Attention By Nigeria Bloggers by Kingdolo(m): 8:58am On Sep 13, 2017
God writeup but barely readable.
Re: Blog Niches That Need More Attention By Nigeria Bloggers by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 13, 2017
How many people in Nigeria play sports? lol. I guess that's why it's not a bad idea to blog about them. The FG's lack of funding for the gymnastics' recently was a disappointment to me.

(1) (Reply)

Domain For Sale (NAIJA.TECH) - Call 08037253929 / Tech Writers Needed For Full-time Employment - Must Be A Graduate / Domain For Sale: Naira.ooo, Wtf.com.ng, 900s.ooo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.