Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,760 members, 7,817,102 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:37 AM

Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! - Gaming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! (2468 Views)

"God Of War" Wins Game Of The Year Award. See Full List Of Nominees & Winners / 4 Reasons The God Of War Is Arguably 2018 Best Game / Your Thoughts On The New God Of War PS4 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by SkyCityBay1: 10:22am On Sep 12, 2017
I've been playing video games for a long time but i haven't seen a game that has captivated the Nigerian gaming audience like God Of War. It's been like 12 years since the first God Of War was released and in case you didn't know,God Of War is the most popular video game in Nigeria. Weather you love it,hate it or get sick of it anytime people talk about it,God Of War is big in the Nigerian gaming community and there's nothing anybody can do about it. So here's why God Of War worked in Nigeria !!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y5xnz6N6hog
Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by khalhokage(m): 11:10am On Sep 12, 2017
Seriously? As much as I would love for a mission game to be the most popular in Nigeria we all know that soccer games have that title.

It's annoying because I don't enjoy soccer, but that's just the way it is.

2 Likes

Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by classicalhenry(m): 2:57pm On Sep 13, 2017
khalhokage:
Seriously? As much as I would love for a mission game to be the most popular in Nigeria we all know that soccer games have that title.

Yea he would have said adventure games
Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by Thegamingorca(m): 9:52am On Sep 14, 2017
khalhokage:

U r not alone
Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by HyDef(m): 1:07pm On Sep 15, 2017
"...and in case you didn't know,God Of War is the most popular video game in Nigeria."

shocked WHAT? Dude, simmer down a bit, let's not get unreasonable here... undecided

I agree that years ago, it had a very special place in the hearts of my classmates, but that was like a decade ago. The average Nigerian really only gives a crap for PES or FIFA.

1 Like

Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by SkyCityBay1: 6:18pm On Sep 16, 2017
HyDef:
"...and in case you didn't know,God Of War is the most popular video game in Nigeria."

shocked WHAT? Dude, simmer down a bit, let's not get unreasonable here... undecided

I agree that years ago, it had a very special place in the hearts of my classmates, but that was like a decade ago. The average Nigerian really only gives a crap for PES or FIFA.
you're only looking at gamers and casual gamers but your forgetting about non - gamers that know a little bit on games. when you add all of these factors together,its going to be god of war because many people just know soccer games as just soccer games. they don't know the difference between PES and FIFA. Not to mention that every PES and FIFA game gets irrelevant after 9 months because of a new one.

1 Like

Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by HyDef(m): 10:55am On Sep 17, 2017
SkyCityBay1:
you're only looking at gamers and casual gamers but your forgetting about non - gamers that know a little bit on games. when you add all of these factors together,its going to be god of war because many people just know soccer games as just soccer games. they don't know the difference between PES and FIFA. Not to mention that every PES and FIFA game gets irrelevant after 9 months because of a new one.

First of all, I must ask. When you say popular, you simply mean 'having heard of', and not necessarily 'having played', because I'm sure it can't be the latter. Super Mario is more popular than God of War in that case. tongue

I'm sure I can ask the next 10 people I see on the street, whether they've heard of God of War. 5 males, 5 females. I can bet that maybe 4 of the guys would have heard of the game, and possibly one of the girls. But I could probably tell you that all 10 of them would have heard of Super Mario. tongue

1 Like

Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by Charleebro(m): 1:54pm On Sep 17, 2017
I consider God of War to be one of the greatest games of all time but it's not even close to the popularity of soccer games in Nigeria. It's possibly the most popular adventure game though

1 Like

Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by SkyCityBay1: 10:21am On Sep 18, 2017
HyDef:

First of all, I must ask. When you say popular, you simply mean 'having heard of', and not necessarily 'having played', because I'm sure it can't be the latter. Super Mario is more popular than God of War in that case. tongue

I'm sure I can ask the next 10 people I see on the street, whether they've heard of God of War. 5 males, 5 females. I can bet that maybe 4 of the guys would have heard of the game, and possibly one of the girls. But I could probably tell you that all 10 of them would have heard of Super Mario. tongue
Dude you are contradiction yourself, you were talking of FIFA or PES,now mario? yes mario was big but definitely have not been the talk of the town since the 90s. Plus if you watched the video,you would have known that emoji will not work on me.
Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by SkyCityBay1: 10:26am On Sep 18, 2017
Charleebro:
I consider God of War to be one of the greatest games of all time but it's not even close to the popularity of soccer games in Nigeria. It's possibly the most popular adventure game though
thats because of Nigerians pathological obsession with football. NBA2K? how many Nigerians give a shit about it.
Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by Thegamingorca(m): 1:24pm On Sep 18, 2017
SkyCityBay1:
thats because of Nigerians pathological obsession with football. NBA2K? how many Nigerians give a shit about it.

Give it a rest already...u and nadleeh need to go out some more.

Soccer is more popular than all the other game genres combined.

1 Like

Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by HyDef(m): 1:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
SkyCityBay1:
Dude you are contradiction yourself, you were talking of FIFA or PES,now mario? yes mario was big but definitely have not been the talk of the town since the 90s. Plus if you watched the video,you would have known that emoji will not work on me.

I'm definitely not contradicting myself. You wanted me to throw soccer games off the table cuz of the points you made, and I did that, trying to demonstrate that even without soccer games, Mario is still more popular than God of War. You didn't even define what you mean by popularity. Is it how many people are talking about it, or how many people know it? Because more people know Mario than those who know God of War, and no one at this moment is really talking about either of them that much, seeing as they were both released too long ago to be a topic of discussion.

Now if you said most popular action-adventure game, then I'd agree with you. But you're talking about video games in general, which shocks me. Maybe the years around its release, your claim might have been true, but no longer.

PES/FIFA are the most popular game series in Nigeria, hands down. Whether you're talking about how many people have heard of it, or how many people are currently speaking of it. Whether it's because Nigerians are fanatical about it, I don't give two craps. It's the truth.

Emoji will not 'work' on you? I use them when I want to.
Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by SkyCityBay1: 8:54am On Sep 20, 2017
HyDef:

I'm definitely not contradicting myself. You wanted me to throw soccer games off the table cuz of the points you made, and I did that, trying to demonstrate that even without soccer games, Mario is still more popular than God of War. You didn't even define what you mean by popularity. Is it how many people are talking about it, or how many people know it? Because more people know Mario than those who know God of War, and no one at this moment is really talking about either of them that much, seeing as they were both released too long ago to be a topic of discussion.

Now if you said most popular action-adventure game, then I'd agree with you. But you're talking about video games in general, which shocks me. Maybe the years around its release, your claim might have been true, but no longer.

PES/FIFA are the most popular game series in Nigeria, hands down. Whether you're talking about how many people have heard of it, or how many people are currently speaking of it. Whether it's because Nigerians are fanatical about it, I don't give two craps. It's the truth.

Emoji will not 'work' on you? I use them when I want to.
let me put it like this, mario is 2face n GOW is davido, 2face is popular but not the talk of the town right now. look at the new trailer of GOW, how many people have watched it or even checked for photos of it. how many people even check for trailers of PES/FIFA..... and i kind of disagree about on mario. when was the last time or even 1st time you saw a band of mario fans. GOW fans are like terrorist .lol
Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by Friedyokes: 6:45pm On Sep 20, 2017
FiFA/PES are the most popular games in Nigeria ....so much so that having a console and not having a football game is seen as weird ....more proof in that FIFA/PES are available on more platforms Xbox/PS/PC....the only reason you would say otherwise is if its not the same Nigeria we are talking about....Do you know how many times we argue about who is better in FIFA/PES?...we even hold competitions for them ....without a doubt football games are the most popular games in Nigeria
Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by SkyCityBay1: 6:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
Friedyokes:
FiFA/PES are the most popular games in Nigeria ....so much so that having a console and not having a football game is seen as weird ....more proof in that FIFA/PES are available on more platforms Xbox/PS/PC....the only reason you would say otherwise is if its not the same Nigeria we are talking about....Do you know how many times we argue about who is better in FIFA/PES?...we even hold competitions for them ....without a doubt football games are the most popular games in Nigeria
..FIFA/PES are available on more platforms Xbox/PS/PC,you do know they are exclusives right? Every year there is at lest two football games,but only 6 GOW since 2005. Come on think about it,just 6 games against Konami n EA games that release every year....ok lets end this,i call GOW 2 pls call the particular FIFA/PESthat is or was more popular
Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by Friedyokes: 6:58pm On Sep 21, 2017
SkyCityBay1:
..FIFA/PES are available on more platforms Xbox/PS/PC,you do know they are exclusives right? Every year there is at lest two football games,but only 6 GOW since 2005. Come on think about it,just 6 games against Konami n EA games that release every year....ok lets end this,i call GOW 2 pls call the particular FIFA/PESthat is or was more popular
what year was Gow2 made?....the FIFA/PES of that year was more popular in Nigeria...it may have been the rage within the period it came out tho... Let me simplify ...the most popular genre of video games in Nigeria is sports (football to be precise)... FiFa/PES claim that category ....no doubt GOW is a very popular game ..but you can't compare it to FIFA/PES by share coverage and the fact that they keep reminding us every year...they are on PC/XBoX/Android/IOS/PS....Nigeria is a football loving country ...the video game that represents our passion is FIFA/PES...no two ways about it the most popular video games in Nigeria are the football games ...have you been to a game house with no football games?
Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by SkyCityBay1: 6:48pm On Sep 25, 2017
Friedyokes:
what year was Gow2 made?....the FIFA/PES of that year was more popular in Nigeria...it may have been the rage within the period it came out tho... Let me simplify ...the most popular genre of video games in Nigeria is sports (football to be precise)... FiFa/PES claim that category ....no doubt GOW is a very popular game ..but you can't compare it to FIFA/PES by share coverage and the fact that they keep reminding us every year...they are on PC/XBoX/Android/IOS/PS....Nigeria is a football loving country ...the video game that represents our passion is FIFA/PES...no two ways about it the most popular video games in Nigeria are the football games ...have you been to a game house with no football games?
GUY NA LIE !!!,its recently people started competing btw fifa and pes,through the ps2 circle,it was only pes that had a say so in this country. God of war was at that point in time,too big. I get your point but you're not trying to see my point, Nigeria has gamers,casual gamers and non-gamers. Non-gamers know soccer games as football,they dont know fifa or pes. a large amount of non-gamers know god of war, and guess what,even just a fraction of those non-gamers that know god of war are more in number than the total number of gamers we have in nigeria.
Re: Why God Of War Worked In Nigeria !!! by Thegamingorca(m): 7:01pm On Sep 25, 2017
SkyCityBay1:
GUY NA LIE !!!,its recently people started competing btw fifa and pes,through the ps2 circle,it was only pes that had a say so in this country. God of war was at that point in time,too big. I get your point but you're not trying to see my point, Nigeria has gamers,casual gamers and non-gamers. Non-gamers know soccer games as football,they dont know fifa or pes. a large amount of non-gamers know god of war, and guess what,even just a fraction of those non-gamers that know god of war are more in number than the total number of gamers we have in nigeria.
angry cool

(1) (Reply)

How Much For New Ps4 And Where To Get In Lagos? / I Need A Fairly Used GTX 750ti Or 1050 / Advantages Of Online Poker For Beginners

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.