Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,692 members, 7,809,613 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:59 AM

11 Steps To Format A Computer Hard Disk Drive - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / 11 Steps To Format A Computer Hard Disk Drive (1341 Views)

Price Of A Computer Hard Drive For My Laptop / Difference Between Hibernate And Sleep On A Computer / How To Access Your Computer's Hard Drive Using Your Smartphone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

11 Steps To Format A Computer Hard Disk Drive by macmiral: 9:11pm On Sep 12, 2017
Need to learn how to format your computer? Formatting a drive prepares the surface of the disk to store new data. Computers are often formatted before they are sold, donated, or returned to employers. Likewise, computers with viruses or errors can be formatted and returned to their "out of the box" settings.

How to Format a Computer with Windows 7

Warning - Formatting hard drive information does not permanently erase the data. Even after a computer has been formatted, deleted files can be easily recovered. If you want to permanently wipe your hard drive by completely overwritting hard drive data, check out WipeDrive.

To format your hard disk during Windows 7 installation, you'll need to start, or boot, your computer using the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.

1. Turn on your computer so that Windows starts normally, insert the Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive, and then shut down your computer.

2. Restart your computer.

3. Press any key when prompted, and then follow the instructions that appear.

4. On the "Install Windows" page, follow any instructions that are displayed, and then click Install now.

5. If the "Install Windows" page doesn't appear, and you're not asked to press any key, you might need to change some system settings. To learn how to do this, see Start your computer from a Windows 7 installation disc or USB flash drive.

6. On the "Please read the license terms" page, if you accept the license terms, click I accept the license terms, and then click Next.

7.On the "Which type of installation do you want?" page, click Custom.

8. On the "Where do you want to install Windows?" page, click Drive options (advanced).

9. a.Click the partition that you want to format and click Format.
If you have more than one partition on this hard drive and want to get rid them to make one big drive again, then select a partition and click on the Delete option for each partition. Once you have deleted all of the partitions, select the Unallocated Space partition and click Format.
b. Pick the formatting option that you want.

c. When you've finished formatting, click Next.

10. Follow the instructions to finish installing Windows 7, which include naming your computer and setting up an initial user account.

11. If you do not want to reinstall Windows 7, you can cancel the installation at this point and keep your newly formatted drives.

Re: 11 Steps To Format A Computer Hard Disk Drive by finnestdope(m): 9:17pm On Sep 12, 2017
Good info

1 Like

Re: 11 Steps To Format A Computer Hard Disk Drive by lafflaff123(m): 9:19pm On Sep 12, 2017
Good info.

Mynd44 Seun Lalasticlacla

3 Likes

Re: 11 Steps To Format A Computer Hard Disk Drive by macmiral: 9:23pm On Sep 12, 2017
lafflaff123:
Good info.

Mynd44 Seun Lalasticlacla

I hope it takes a front page view, it will really help tech gurus and novice too
Re: 11 Steps To Format A Computer Hard Disk Drive by sylvez(m): 9:27pm On Sep 12, 2017
lovely info, the person below me should comment lovely 'info too', then the next two persons below the person below me should comment 'nice info' two two like that, since the first two people commented the same thing

1 Like

Re: 11 Steps To Format A Computer Hard Disk Drive by udemzyudex(m): 11:30pm On Sep 12, 2017
Nice information OP, though it's not well detailed considering your point 5 and you didn't mention the function keys for the boot menu.

(1) (Reply)

I Have 89 Pcs Of These Laptop For Sale / lenovo I3. 60000 / See How PDP Defaced Multi-million Naira Nelson Mandela Freedom Park, Osogbo (PHO

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.