Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,195 members, 7,822,043 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 03:47 AM

Common Fashion Mistakes - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / Common Fashion Mistakes (433 Views)

Ladies Fashion Mistakes 1: Sitting Wrongly / 2 Fashion Mistakes You Are Making With Your Wrist Watch / 10 Fashion Mistakes That Make You Look Old And Worn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Common Fashion Mistakes by Fhaysal: 11:26pm On Sep 12, 2017
Fashion is the popular or latest style, most especially in clothing, footwear, accessories, makeup e.t.c. Fashion is what we deal with everyday, even people who are not very enthusiastic about how they look choose clothes every morning that reflects their mood. One certain thing in the fashion world is change, we are constantly being bombarded with new fashion ideas from music, movies, books e.t.c. Most of today’s fashion is influenced by models and celebrities.
Fashion mistakes are simply the fashion blunders we make when trying to look good or stand out, most times they are honest mistakes we make on regular basis or when we try to copy what we see on the T.V, below are some common fashion mistakes we make without even noticing although some are obvious.
Not dressing for your body type
I have seen people forcing themselves into clothes that are obviously too small or too large for them, i know there are some styles that involves you wearing a baggy or a skinny but regardless, do not, I repeat do not wear a clothe that does not suit your body type. You see a guy with a dry chest and a pot belly forcing himself into a body hug, like seriously? Dude, you have nothing impressive to show, hide it till you do some work out, we don’t want to see your flabby stomach! Same goes for the ladies, hide your little ‘bump’ under a more convenient clothe, believe me, you will feel more comfortable and also look more presentable.
Blindly following trends
Believe me, not all trends are for everyone, if a certain trend doesn’t fit you, sit it out, don’t go into it because you saw your favorite celebrity wearing it on t.v and you think it will look cool on you. Not all trends are for our ‘normal’ daily activities. Infact to me, having your own style seems better.
Not dressing properly for the occasion
Following a dress code is about being respectful to the host of the event you are attending, following a dress code doesn’t necessary mean you shouldn’t explore your creative side, but don’t entirely disregard it. People attend events that has a dress code that strictly reads ‘CORPORATE DRESSING’, but they still choose to wear traditional attire like agbada, I mean, we know you have a fine agbada you want to show off but wait till you are attending a wedding or something.
Spending on the wrong things
Spend money on the basic staple items you need in your wardrobe, the trendy pieces that you may regret a few months later are not the items to blow you cash on. People end up buying clothe they won’t even wear at the long run just because it is the trend. That is wrong, buy clothes you need, clothes that will fit you.
These are just a few of the many fashion mistakes we make just to look fashionable but remember ‘SIMPLICITY IS THE BEST FORM OF SOPHISTICATION’. You don’t have to wear a bling to look dope, you don’t have to carry a Louis Vuitton handbag to be fashionable, just have your style!

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Gorgeous Hand Bag Coming Soon In Ishopeezy Fashion Store At MLM Deals / Buy Office Shirts @ WWW.MARSHALSICONICDESIGNS.COM / Mama & I Runway Show Season 1 Shuts Down Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.