Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,754 members, 7,817,085 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:08 AM

CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance (26425 Views)

CBN Reviews Weekly Cash Withdrawal Limit To N500, 000 For Individuals / CBN Reviews POS Charges From 0.2% To 0.75%!!! / N5.87b Fine: CBN Reviews New Evidence From Banks, MTN (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance by higherpower: 12:37pm On Sep 13, 2017
fpeter:
do we even have the money to transact in the first place?
Yes we have. I just did transfer of funds to people.
Re: CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance by Rayd502(m): 12:44pm On Sep 13, 2017
Does it mean those on KYC 1 can't transfer amounts exceeding 50k per day?
Someone shld pls explain.
Re: CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance by Nemesis1: 12:54pm On Sep 13, 2017
Benjom:
I'm cool with this new arrangement.

Nearly broke my phone this ant wey dey waka so
Re: CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance by Benjom(m): 12:57pm On Sep 13, 2017
Nemesis1:

Nearly broke my phone this ant wey dey waka so

grin grin grin
Re: CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance by yommytino(m): 1:07pm On Sep 13, 2017
Re: CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance by icore: 1:30pm On Sep 13, 2017
MObile Money...... Which Ones work in Nigeria?
Re: CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance by alimology: 4:43pm On Sep 13, 2017
This is a welcome development. The problem I see here is the tiers, how the banks categorise the accounts into tiers. I recently encounter a problem when I wanted to recieve an amount of money more than 1million. The bank (UBA) told me I can't have more than N300,000 in my account because it's a student account even though I have bvn. And nobody has ever came out to explain the different tiers of account to ordinary in our language instead, the prefer to stick to their own vocab.
Re: CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance by alimology: 4:53pm On Sep 13, 2017
Abbeyme:
SO the CBN wants to deliberately tumble another policy of past government that was even fully implemented by this government.

This relaxation would further permit unanimous funding and transfer of funds for unlawful operations. By allowing people to daily transfer N300k without a BVN would accurately and consciously signal fraudulent people to open numerous accounts to perpetrate their fraudulent activities.

Imagine 10 random people to transfer 300k each to your account.... BOOM.. you have N3m without a trace of who scientifically owns the funds or account.

One step forward, two steps backward..

Thats what I see.
If you are on (KYC) level 1, that is without BVN, you cannot have more than N300,000 balance.
Re: CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance by biuti(f): 8:55pm On Sep 13, 2017
Abbeyme:
SO the CBN wants to deliberately tumble another policy of past government that was even fully implemented by this government.

This relaxation would further permit unanimous funding and transfer of funds for unlawful operations. By allowing people to daily transfer N300k without a BVN would accurately and consciously signal fraudulent people to open numerous accounts to perpetrate their fraudulent activities.

Imagine 10 random people to transfer 300k each to your account.... BOOM.. you have N3m without a trace of who scientifically owns the funds or account.

One step forward, two steps backward..

Thats what I see.

You don't understand. The KYC level 1 account is the only account that doesn't require BVN, and the balance that can ever be in it is #300,000.
It's daily transaction limit is #50,000 which means the amount that can be transfered in or out of the account in a day is #50,000 or less.
Re: CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance by Abbeyme: 9:04pm On Sep 13, 2017
biuti:

You don't understand. The KYC level 1 account is the only account that doesn't require BVN, and the balance that can ever be in it is #300,000.
It's daily transaction limit is #50,000 which means the amount that can be transfered in or out of the account in a day is #50,000 or less.

I get it now.

But there is still some exposure here. 50k is a lot of money. That amount of money can daily be used to assemble several home-made bombs and explosives.
Yahoo yahoo Boys can survive on 50k/day, if they choose not to register bvn on their fraud account.

We are still financially exposed. Risk is yet involved.
Re: CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance by Abbeyme: 9:07pm On Sep 13, 2017
alimology:
If you are on (KYC) level 1, that is without BVN, you cannot have more than N300,000 balance.

Thanks for your clarification.

But why create the levels of categories when bvn conveniently curbs financial recklessness and in a large extent, puts faces to funds.

Why change a working formula
Re: CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance by biuti(f): 9:27pm On Sep 13, 2017
Abbeyme:

I get it now.

But there is still some exposure here. 50k is a lot of money. That amount of money can daily be used to assemble several home-made bombs and explosives.
Yahoo yahoo Boys can survive on 50k/day, if they choose not to register bvn on their fraud account.

We are still financially exposed. Risk is yet involved.
Yes, you're right. I almost mentioned it earlier too that 50k is still a lot.
Re: CBN Reviews Limits On Mobile Money Transaction, Balance by CastingCrowns(f): 12:43pm On Sep 15, 2017
Benjom:
I'm cool with this new arrangement.
i sent u a pm.....really need ur help in getting my cv together....send me ur number via email.

(1) (2) (Reply)

How To Become A Baxi Box Agent And Earn Commissions / The Nigerian Bank That Operates The Best Kiddies' Account. / How To Open A Clickbank Account For Free In Nigeria. (screenshots Included).

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.