Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,152 members, 7,818,474 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:47 PM

CASE REASON (hold Case/221 G & Refusals/214b) - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / CASE REASON (hold Case/221 G & Refusals/214b) (790 Views)

221 G Immigrant Visa Denial Wife And Stepchild Of US Citizen / Angry Youths Hold ‘pool Party’ On Dilapidated Federal Road In Otukpo (photos) / Countries With The Highest Rates Of U.S. Visa Refusals (2) (3) (4)

(1)

CASE REASON (hold Case/221 G & Refusals/214b) by Kingspartner: 12:34pm On Sep 14, 2017
Good afternoon all,
Please I need your help. My wife and children applied for non-immigrant visa March this year and they were denied. The reason was:{(CASE REASON (Hold case/221 G & Refusals/214B)}.

The consulate accused my wife of impersonation and she told me wife she has not reason to deny wife but told my wife to tell the truth. She insist my wife is not my legal wife. All effort to proof to her sincerity failed. The consular refused to accept all evidence she has. I have a valid renewed visa and she even presented it to the Consular.

That same day, I went through her application and copy of my that I kept, we realized I made a mistake on my form. Spouse name on my form is OLUBUKOLA while her international passport carried OLUWABUKOLA. We concluded that was the reason for denying my wife and children and false accusation of impersonation. These names had been erroneously interchangeably used on various documents by my wife. Hence we have approached a court of law with a lawyer to address the issue.

Step taken so far address the issue:
I called the call center to explain our observation.
I have also written 2 different letters on behalf of my wife and children to the Consulate General
I have also approached a lawyer with the following:
*Annexed Exhibits 1: This contain Affidavit with other legal documents
*Confirmation of Name: Guardian Newspaper Publication (to address the cultural meaning of OLUWABUKOLA/OLUBUKOLA)
*Notarized Picture 1 (showing spouse and our children)
*Notarized Picture 2 (wedding picture and University graduation with my spouse in 2004).
*Scanned Pictures (series of pictures we took pre, during and after wedding).

I have attempted to submit the hard copies to the embassy to correct the error I noticed on the form but unable to submit hard copies. I have sent mail to the Consulate General with all these documentation from court mentioned in the mail.

The response so far is that I can not appeal a decision but we can re-apply if the situation has changed.
In the light of the explanation above, can I go ahead to reapply? Our 10th Year wedding anniversary is December and I intend to re-apply for my wife and children. Please what advice can you guys give?
Re: CASE REASON (hold Case/221 G & Refusals/214b) by justwise(m): 1:03pm On Sep 14, 2017

1 Like

(1)

Why You Should Attend Calabar Carnival This Year / Why Are Black People Still Visiting Europe Over Africa? / Is This Message From Us Embassy Or Scammers?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.