Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,351 members, 7,954,413 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 06:31 PM

See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike (1645 Views)

Strike: Why ASUU Should Accept FG’s Offer — Ngige / ASUU Might Go On Strike Today 4th February After NEC Final Meeting / ASUU Might Call Of Strike To Night As Closed Door Meeting Taking Place - Stay Up (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by Mhiztamurtala(m): 2:57pm On Sep 15, 2017
Week in, week out, Nigerian students want to hear this good news: Hurray! ASUU has called off the strike. Especially the final year students.

We hear of an ASUU meeting every Friday night but nothing positive comes out of it, the strike still continues.

Buhari came back, they have not canceled it, Osinbajo will lead FG’s delegation, still yet nothing.

However, it seems these lecturers just wants us to have a fun time with this strike

I know would be mad at me for this article. But can’t you see that there are just some reasons that are hidden from the public.

Everyone has a skeleton, difference is where do you keep your skeleton. See, the last indefinite strike was 6months. So, this one promises to be bigger, better and more longer, trust me.

However, there might be reasons why ASUU hasn’t called off the strike yet apart from the 2013 memorandum reasons they gave.

These might be the reasons;

1. ASUU wants you to hustle and make money:

If you are like me who hates collecting pocket money and wants to be self-reliant, Voila! This ASUU strike is for us. Time to take advantage. That’s how I saw one big girl in church collecting “Owo offering”(offering money) in church yesterday. Damn! And you call yourself “slay mama??”

See, this strike is a blessing in disguise for real-time hustlers. Hustlers don’t sleep when others are sleeping. They work throughout the night, they take a nap in the morning and wake up later to continue their hustle.

Before you start thinking about “yahoo”, there are a lot of jobs you can do.

ASUU wants the students to feel the pain of the working class, whether it’s a factory job, sales girl, nanny. Just go and do one. You can also work at the restaurant where you can help them in washing plates. At least you’ll earn money.
2. ASUU wants you to watch the 2018 World Cup at home:

So, I made the calculation, If ASUU cancels the strike by December/January. We would resume in January and finish the session by May. Wow, good news coupled with the 3 Months break.

The World Cup runs from June to July. And since I love to watch the World Cup with the whole fam, ASUU has made it easier for me. It won’t be nice having exams on the day Nigeria would be playing one big country, let’s say Brazil .

Some people will abandon their exams to watch that match. Trust me.

Read more: http://www.edutips.com.ng/2017/09/see-5-reasons-why-ASUU-might-not-cancel.html?m=1
Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by Damibiz(m): 3:05pm On Sep 15, 2017
I for tell u smthing bt let me wait nd see what the next person gat to say...

1 Like

Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by eteebanky: 3:10pm On Sep 15, 2017
is this your reason bro??........the guy above me...dnt let me say anything to this guy....let us wait nd see what the next person gat to say...

1 Like

Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by teee2: 3:53pm On Sep 15, 2017
So a session in ur school is 5 months? or how else will u explain how u'll resume in January and u'll end the session by may..

I won't say anything sha.. I'll reserve it for the next poster..
Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by ostechno(m): 3:54pm On Sep 15, 2017
don't leme say thunder will strike you, 2018 keee

2 Likes

Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by Sermwell(m): 3:58pm On Sep 15, 2017
Let me not say you lack sense sha! Lets wait and see what the next person has to say grin

1 Like

Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by IfyJ000(m): 4:06pm On Sep 15, 2017
see talk
Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by linzeze(m): 4:37pm On Sep 15, 2017
Na joblessness de cause am,but let me see what the next poster would say.
Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by Oluwaseunsodiq(m): 4:48pm On Sep 15, 2017
I have nothing to contribute. Let us wait for what the next person has to say about this.
Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by olaoluwa3124(m): 5:36pm On Sep 15, 2017
I
Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by Nobody: 5:44pm On Sep 15, 2017
if they like they should call it off if they don't, it still doesn't improve the educational sector or improve the wellbeing of the students...me them know.....I ko fit stress my seff again
Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by mlkraj(m): 8:25pm On Sep 15, 2017
i've noting to say i leave it to the next poster
Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by Thiannah(f): 10:28pm On Sep 15, 2017
O lord what is this?
Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by Nobody: 11:45pm On Sep 15, 2017
So because of world cup ASUU won't call off strike abi. Let's see wat d next person has to say undecided
Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by anudking: 12:38am On Sep 16, 2017
mehnn,this op needs urgent help and u guys are not helping,I won't insult him cause I don't do that on a Friday maybe d next person would help me out
Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by midashenry(m): 2:52am On Sep 16, 2017
op this your post ehh. let me keep quiet and see if the next person will say thunder fire u. Buh Let's wait and see what the next person will say! undecided
Re: See The 5 Reasons Why ASUU Might Not Cancel The Strike by Cms38(m): 12:42pm On Sep 16, 2017
All of Una funny o cool....lets see what the next person has to say.....lolz.....

(1) (Reply)

University Of Ibadan Postgraduate Degree 2018/2019 / Affordable Houses For Rent Near AAU In Ekpoma, Edo State / Perfect Chemistry And Physics Practical For SSCE

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.