Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,766 members, 7,809,945 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:38 PM

Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry - Gaming (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Gaming / Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry (24046 Views)

10 Unfairly Tough Video Game Bosses That Are Literally Impossible To Defeat / Here's Why An AAA Nigerian Video Game Title Is Highly Unlikely / 7 Best Video Game Movies Of All Time (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by lilwill(m): 9:52pm On Oct 16, 2017
Cannonleo:
For me the death of soap mactavish in call of duty modern warfare 3 , Elias Walker in call of duty ghosts and the end story of Gta 5 stands out

I totally hated that soap died. I still don't feel good after opting to kill Trevor in GTA v
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by lilwill(m): 9:55pm On Oct 16, 2017
grin
IamLEGEND1:
Personally, I'll include Castlevania: Lords of shadow

After surviving complex puzzles, long & grueling levels and boss fights and then getting your ass beat by the devil in the final stage, you ultimately find out that you can't revive your wife with the God mask.

I felt like the whole time I put into the game was pointless.
As the end credits dey roll, I just dey stare at the screen dey silently plan how I go take reach Japan to burn down Konami HQ.
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by HenrySilva9(m): 9:57pm On Oct 16, 2017
GTA V... I almost cried when I killed Trevor
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by Bahddo(m): 9:59pm On Oct 16, 2017
Chai... Walking dead season 1. That game made me cry.
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by Bahddo(m): 10:02pm On Oct 16, 2017
HenrySilva9:
ah! Why na? You could have called their bluff, and settled collective scores together. I loved the way mine ended.
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by Proffdada: 10:26pm On Oct 16, 2017
IJOBA2:
GUY HELP ME WITH GAMES NOWsad
have we met before?
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by IJOBA2: 10:31pm On Oct 16, 2017
Proffdada:
have we met before?
I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by Proffdada: 10:43pm On Oct 16, 2017
IJOBA2:
I DONT UNDERSTAND YOU
maybe i've given you games b4
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by Cannonleo(m): 11:28pm On Oct 16, 2017
lilwill:

I totally hated that soap died. I still don't feel good after opting to kill Trevor in GTA v
soap and capt price for me were the best every characters in COD series, soap was a life not just a character, makarov had it for him, meanwhile I replay the whole gta v just to face everybody with Michael and Trevor , bloody shootout but at least everyone is alive in the end

1 Like

Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by chukzyfcbb: 12:06am On Oct 17, 2017
Playing pes 17 and in the final of champions league my striker needs just one goal to become the highest goal scorer.

and I have scored 2goals, 78mins me praying that the match should end quickly, if possible double speed should appear like on ps2 lol.

Only for NEPA to take the light. Choiii I swear that shi.t can pain ehhh,

Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by IJOBA2: 12:37am On Oct 17, 2017
Proffdada:
maybe i've given you games b4
NOPE
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by IJOBA2: 12:39am On Oct 17, 2017
lilwill:

WHERE CAN I GET THE APK
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by Proffdada: 12:41am On Oct 17, 2017
IJOBA2:
NOPE
ok i stay in festac ,LAGOS
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by IJOBA2: 12:46am On Oct 17, 2017
Proffdada:
ok i stay in festac ,LAGOS
HELP ME WITH SITE WHERE I CAN GET THOSE APK NAsad
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by Leez(m): 1:17am On Oct 17, 2017
chiraqDemon:
Modern warfare 2 death of ghost Modern warfare 3 death of soap
Price:oh no no no no no no soap rebel:price u have to go now price:get off me
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by hensley059: 2:33am On Oct 17, 2017
Bloodborne.... The most wicked game I've ever played. The developers of this game rigged it to be almost impossible to finish n that's makes me cry.
Imagine buying a game for 20k n can't play it?? I've been in a particular place for up to a month

1 Like

Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by Nobody: 4:13am On Oct 17, 2017
delikay4luv:
''Max payne 2'' for me
cry
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by cyber5(m): 6:09am On Oct 17, 2017
GTA Vice City

Let's not talk about the game ending, there are some mission that will make you cry itself. Take Demolition Man for instance.
Chai that mission en

4 Likes

Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by Kissgrafix1(m): 8:21am On Oct 17, 2017
cyber5:
GTA Vice City

Let's not talk about the game ending, there are some mission that will make you cry itself. Take Demolition Man for instance.
Chai that mission en
I can play this mission with my eyes closed ... You just need to calculate grin

1 Like

Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by Urchman27(m): 9:15am On Oct 17, 2017
the walking dead season1 when lee died. it was hrtbroken
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by usermane(m): 10:43am On Oct 17, 2017
This article didn't even add Silent hill 2. I won't say this game or any other in the list is a tearjerker. Sometimes, video narrations are difficult to comprehend on a single playthrough and you have to resort to Wikipedia or online websites for a thorough understanding of the game story, this water's down the emotional impact of the story. Thus, at most, these game are depressing in that we keep thinking about the characters, sympathising for them but not so much that tears are shed.

I haven't played much of the games on this list but I'd add Silent hill 2, the latest game I have beaten. This game is horror, though not really scary but it deals heavily with the delusion and melancholy of the protagonist. You, the protagonist have lost everything but your own insanity keep you from admiting to reality and your pursuit for happiness continue to lead you down the deep dark deathly alley.

I wont spoil the game. Just play it, attentively follow the cutscene, read the memos, interact with the world. It is depressing.

1 Like

Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by HenrySilva9(m): 11:53am On Oct 17, 2017
Bahddo:
ah! Why na? You could have called their bluff, and settled collective scores together. I loved the way mine ended.
I didn't know oh
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by PCGamesLab(m): 9:45am On Oct 18, 2017
I don't know one.
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by lilwill(m): 3:09pm On Oct 18, 2017
Cannonleo:
soap and capt price for me were the best every characters in COD series, soap was a life not just a character, makarov had it for him, meanwhile I replay the whole gta v just to face everybody with Michael and Trevor , bloody shootout but at least everyone is alive in the end

yup... come again, did you say u finished it without killing either of them? how?
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by lilwill(m): 3:10pm On Oct 18, 2017
IJOBA2:
WHERE CAN I GET THE APK
no APK they are both PC/console based games
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by Cannonleo(m): 3:56pm On Oct 19, 2017
lilwill:

yup... come again, did you say u finished it without killing either of them? how?
you have three options kill micheal ,Trevor or fight with both and defeat all, but they will seperate at the end
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by emmamedicro46(m): 5:06pm On Apr 04, 2018
Kissgrafix1:
Well sleeping dogs got me ... The groom and the bride killed on their wedding day ..... It was crazy had tears rolling....... Lol pes to tho.... I killed a lot of people... Am the God of Pes in my school... I tried hosting a competition ... Everyone said no that they already know the winner grin grin
I was more occupied with playing God and exerting vengeance
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by emmamedicro46(m): 5:15pm On Apr 04, 2018
hensley059:
Bloodborne.... The most wicked game I've ever played. The developers of this game rigged it to be almost impossible to finish n that's makes me cry.
Imagine buying a game for 20k n can't play it?? I've been in a particular place for up to a month
Bros na who send you work you no check review before you go buy am,that game wasn't meant to be finished it was to give gamers low self esteem
Re: Depressing Video Game Endings That Made Us Cry by emmamedicro46(m): 10:17pm On May 30, 2019
HenrySilva9:
Why did you kill him then

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Did Hitman Game Reference Nigeria In Their Blood Money? (Photos) / Android Games To Look Out For As At Now / Video Games That Were Way Ahead Of Their Time

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.