Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,334 members, 7,957,892 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 11:26 PM

SIMI-Nigeria Men Are Not Romantic - Music/Radio - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Music/Radio / SIMI-Nigeria Men Are Not Romantic (585 Views)

Throwback: 10 Romantic Hiphop Songs That Graced Our Love Life In The 2000s / Simi: Men Are Crazy Feat Tiwa Savage (Official Video) / Nigerian Men Are Not Romantic-simi (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

SIMI-Nigeria Men Are Not Romantic by aauflash(m): 8:26am On Sep 16, 2017
As much as she has been rumoured to have had one or two things with singers , Adekunle Gold and Falz at some point, popular singer , Simi , has said Nigerian men “are not romantic. ”
She said , “ I don ’ t believe Nigerian men are romantic. I think Nigerian men do not think they have to be romantic . I am not saying this to bash men but I think no one pushes Nigerian men to fight for anything so they have this sense of entitlement . I was watching a Nigerian movie one day and there was this unfaithful Nigerian man who left his wife for another woman. At the end of the day , the other woman left him and he retraced his steps to his initial wife . The lady ’ s mother actually told her to kneel in front of the man and that bothered me a lot even though I knew it was a movie . That is the way things are .
“ A lot of men grow up in this country feeling entitled to certain things and they believe that they don ’t have to work for anything . This has been the case for generations and a lot of our mothers were unhappy because the society expected them to stay in the relationship . I am not saying it is the right thing for people to leave their relationships but a man needs to fight for what he wants so he can value it . I think the problem is because a lot of Nigerian men feel self - entitled and I blame our culture and our mothers . Most mothers are the problem because when something happens, they are quick to advise the daughter and wives , they don ’ t tell the men that their actions are wrong . So if a man feels that he does not have to fight to keep the relationship , he would not . ”
The singer who hinted that she is currently in a relationship described the kind of lover she is . “To describe myself as a lover , I would say that I am a loyal lover . When I am in a relationship , I am all in and I put everything into it . I can only quit a relationship if the person betrays my trust because , to me, trust is everything. Trust is a big foundation for love . If I don ’ t trust a person , it would be hard to be with the person . If I date someone , I expect that you know what you have to offer . I believe that whatever I do for the person , I should get the same in return . I don ’t like people lying to me, ” the singer said.
The singer is currently in cloud nine because of the feedback she has been receiving over her sophomore album , ‘ Simisola. ’ It was a night of ecstasy for the soulful singer at her album launch party which took place at The Lekki Coliseum .
It is her sophomore album and her debut album since joining her record label X 3 M Music three years ago . Before now, she had released a plethora of singles such as ‘ Tiff , ’ ‘ Jamb Question, ’ ‘ Outta My Head , ’ which were well received and enjoyed massive airplay .
*aauflash.info*

1 Share

Re: SIMI-Nigeria Men Are Not Romantic by taylor88(m): 8:28am On Sep 16, 2017
Goto Rome and get a thick man

The economy is not conducive here
Re: SIMI-Nigeria Men Are Not Romantic by Arthurwinner(m): 8:29am On Sep 16, 2017
gerra ra hia mehnn shit.......c hw woman abroad fight for their man here our gals stay and wait for everything

1 Like

Re: SIMI-Nigeria Men Are Not Romantic by Yeligray(m): 8:58am On Sep 16, 2017
There is no need for romantism when 80% of women are after money

1 Like

Re: SIMI-Nigeria Men Are Not Romantic by aauflash(m): 9:19am On Sep 16, 2017
Yeligray:
There is no need for romantism when 80% of women are after money

Hardly will you see a faithful Nigerian girl who will love you for REAL without thinking of money Every day.

(1) (Reply)

DOWNLOAD: 9geez - Yeba Cover (EBAENO) / Davido – Fia / VIDEO: Nakie - Mary J

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.