Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,902 members, 7,828,180 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 04:35 AM

7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked (23744 Views)

"My Sim Has Been Hacked, Someone Is Picking My Calls" A Nairalander Cries Out / Top 9 Signs Your Phone Is Being Monitored By Someone / Signs Your Phone Was Hacked (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by Opinionated: 11:48am On Sep 16, 2017
It is no gainsaying that social media is now an important feature in our lives. It is used by almost everyone from celebrities to influencers, businesses, news platforms, marketers and individuals. Some persons have even leveraged on it to make money. So, it is important for your different social media accounts to be secured. Regardless, since you are online, and there are hackers prowling for accounts to hack, you have to be observant to know if your accounts have been illegally accessed or not. In line with this, Jumia Travel and Jumia Mobile Week presents 7 signs your social media account has been hacked.

You are unable to log into your accounts

This is an obvious sign that your account may have been hijacked by hackers. You have tried several passwords but you are still locked out of your account. Even the change password option is not working. It must have been a very sophisticated hack. The only way you can have your account back is to contact Facebook, Twitter, Instagram or Snapchat.

Status not updated by you

This is perhaps the simplest way to know if your social media account has been hacked. You will see tweets or posts you didn't share appearing on your timeline. It may be political or propagandist messages. You should immediately change your password.

Your number of followers significantly Jumps

You only have 300 followers on either your Instagram or Twitter page. Then you suddenly notice that it jumped to like 2,000 or 3,000. It is strange right and you never followed anyone. In fact, Instagram or Twitter will not allow you to garner 2,000 or 3,000 followers a day. If this is the case, it is highly possible that your account has been hacked.

Someone logged into your account from an unusual location

Sometimes, you may add the wrong location for reasons best known to you. However, if you see a location you never added, it is an alert that someone is illegally accessing your account from that location. You may want to do some checks to be sure you were not the one that changed it.

You cannot find all your posts

All your posts for years have grown wings and flew away. You cannot find them. You searched and searched but you still couldn't find them. You logged in and logged out but the same thing. It is advisable you change your password or you have to deactivate that account and open a new one.

Too many spammy ads on your page

This mainly applies to Facebook. A seemingly interesting post is recommended to you to read. If you click it, you have opened the floodgate to spammy ads. That click will allow hackers to access your account.

Your cover image has been replaced

If your cover image has been replaced with a naked woman or any other nasty picture or photo, it means someone is attempting to frame you or in the process of usurping your account. You should look out for this on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.

Source: http://www.opinions.ng/7-signs-social-media-account-hacked/

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by tosyne2much(m): 12:05pm On Sep 16, 2017
Nice one boss
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by veekid(m): 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2017
All these are obvious

20 Likes 2 Shares

Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by maxiuc(m): 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2017
I just love to bulk space

Lemme smoke this weed finish so that I can get inspiration to comment

So weedified

3 Likes

Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by ncine: 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2017
What of Nairaland>

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by Nobody: 1:48pm On Sep 16, 2017
Wetin concern me with hackers?!
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by Nobody: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2017
Anyone knows how to detect a web logging into what's. As in d location, IP address n ol??
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by Narldon: 1:49pm On Sep 16, 2017

Come and hack

My password is Lalasticlala cheesy

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by itiswellandwell: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2017
Ok

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2017
K
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by Nobody: 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2017
All this aint necessary..... When your account gets hacked you go know....

3 Likes

Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by Punctual(m): 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2017
There is this girl i like on Facebook,i messaged her,till today she hasn't reply my messages.

Her name is Facebook user

she is just too arrogant!
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by joenor(m): 1:50pm On Sep 16, 2017
Noted.
OK.
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by VickyRotex(f): 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2017
Like someone said, all of these are obvious.

Let's discuss how an hacker can be on my/your network for a long time, just monitoring my/your activities without us knowing!

3 Likes

Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by BlindAngel: 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2017
Only an heavy dummy will noticed all this signs , and still won't know that someone is using his or her account someone else.

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by MhizzAJ(f): 1:51pm On Sep 16, 2017
okay
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by Nobody: 2:06pm On Sep 16, 2017
no be my type hackers the find.
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by fixedhollies(m): 2:07pm On Sep 16, 2017
Despite changing my twitter password. The account is still hacked. I just noticed i dey follow thousands of people. He tire me to unfollow dem!
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by Tedassie(m): 2:08pm On Sep 16, 2017
Narldon:

Come and hack

My password is Lalasticlala cheesy

awwwn...water bottle of life cheesy
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by herkeym001(m): 2:08pm On Sep 16, 2017
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by Sleyanya1(m): 2:13pm On Sep 16, 2017
Thanks Op for such info.

ATTENTION PEOPLE.

*You Can Be Part Of Making Someone's Success come true today just by Opening this link via I.G and clicking on ❤ and Share.* That's the power of support.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BY5HnRdB3Nt/
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by MustiizRaja(m): 2:16pm On Sep 16, 2017
hacking wey I don dey do since time in memorial
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by silasweb(m): 2:20pm On Sep 16, 2017
Thanks for the tips
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by clems88(m): 2:31pm On Sep 16, 2017
maxiuc:
I just love to bulk space

Lemme smoke this weed finish so that I can get inspiration to comment

So weedified
yes bulk i can see the effect of the weed at work

7 Likes

Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by Nobody: 2:44pm On Sep 16, 2017
meelerh:
Anyone knows how to detect a web logging into whatsappAs in d location, IP address n ol??
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by donbrowser(m): 2:47pm On Sep 16, 2017
That Number 2 is absolutely wrong. Status appearing when you don't upload them is as a result of some applications you have given access to on your accounts hence you need to deactivate those applications.
Same thing applicable to having lots of followers or following lots of people
Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by LilSmith55(m): 3:17pm On Sep 16, 2017
clems88:
yes bulk i can see the effect of the weed at work

Person no fit du mistake in peace again...

1 Like

Re: 7 Signs Your Social Media Account Has Been Hacked by Brightgem(f): 3:18pm On Sep 16, 2017
MustiizRaja:
Hacker needed! just contact me! no kidding grin
MustiizRaja:
Hacker needed! just contact me! no kidding

(1) (2) (Reply)

Twitter Adds ‘Official’ Label To High-Profile Accounts / Nokia 2 Specifications And Photos / Download Google Chrome For Java Phones

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.