Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,693 members, 7,823,947 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 06:56 PM

Staying Healthy, An Elephant Pay Or A Gift From Above. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Staying Healthy, An Elephant Pay Or A Gift From Above. (374 Views)

If You Want To Be Healthy An Live Long, Stop Eating This 9 Foods / Coronavirus: Share Your Experience Staying At Home / Staying Healthy When You Are Broke (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Staying Healthy, An Elephant Pay Or A Gift From Above. by idiagbo86(m): 12:47pm On Sep 16, 2017
Health as defined by the world health organisation is a state of complete physical, social and mental well being and not just and absent of disease or a diformity. The pain associated with staying healthy today drew this topic and thus took me to the lane of our past when our grand, great grand parents lived their youthful days.
Sure it's an obligation we try to stay healthy but what still plunge me into deep thoughts is the extent at which the various media ensued at making sure we stay healthy make us go through because everyone is poised at making health his priority. Publications and journels uploadable online sells for lots of dollars,public hospitals that are supposed to take healthy leaving to a typical low class nigerian have been deprived of the necessary know - how in terms of man power, equipments, enabling environment and even the cheapest to get which is a proper relationship with patients. This thus make some of the doctors refer u to their personal consulting clinics once you visit a public hospital. In the process of doing that, they await you with bills which even a typical middle class nigerian might need to borrow to upset. The question unanswered now is... Are those public hospitals a medium medical doctors use to advertise their private owned hospitals?, our taxes acrue to payment of their salaries I guess. Why can't a typical layman afford getting proper treatment. Is health now only available to a particular class of Nigerian?
There has never been a problem without a solution. Instead of allowing doctors employed in public health sectors use the hospitals as a channel to meet with public since most people will not directly visit their clinics because of one reason or the other, cost a priority I think the government should set up a team probably named as a whatchdog to checkmate managerial and personnel activities in public hospitals.
Health workers should also be payed adequately and properly. Our minds should also be sensitized and sanitized.
Politicians who prefer patronizing hospitals abroad should also facilitate our health sectors through grants and donation of equipments since it will be faster to access a hospital properly equipped here in Nigeria than traveling to even Niger because of the various processes attached to traveling to a foreign country.
Health is wealth and to ensure that our country stay healthy, we must take cognisance of these few but important facts. Stay healthy, stay wealthy!
Re: Staying Healthy, An Elephant Pay Or A Gift From Above. by idiagbo86(m): 12:48pm On Sep 16, 2017
Waiting.

(1) (Reply)

This Baby Delivers Himself In A 'natural' C-section / My Daughter And I Got Cured Of Hepatitis B But I Later Developed Ulcer, Why? / World Heart Day - 6 Tips To Beat Heart Disease

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.