Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,226 members, 7,957,526 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 02:07 PM

Simi Blame Nigerian Men For Not Being Romantic - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Simi Blame Nigerian Men For Not Being Romantic (485 Views)

Sleeping With Men For Money: Blessing Okoro Recounts The Day She Went For Runs / Some Nigerian Men Struggle With Being Romantic- Monique Samuel / Ghanaian Comedian Flop Terribly In Ghana, Blame Nigerian Comedian (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Simi Blame Nigerian Men For Not Being Romantic by craix(m): 5:02pm On Sep 16, 2017
Nigerian R&B singer Simi shared her view about Nigerian guys. The singer who was interview by Nonye Ben-Nwankwo and Ademola Olonilua of Punchng, she said: “I don’t believe Nigerian men are romantic. I think Nigerian men do not think they have to be romantic.

I am not saying this to bash men but I think no one pushes Nigerian men to fight for anything so they have this sense of entitlement. I was watching a Nigerian movie one day and there was this unfaithful Nigerian man who left his wife for another woman.

At the end of the day, the other woman left him and he retraced his steps to his initial wife. The lady’s mother actually told her to kneel in front of the man and that bothered me a lot even though I knew it was a movie. That is the way things are.

A lot of men grow up in this country feeling entitled to certain things and they believe that they don’t have to work for anything. This has been the case for generations and a lot of our mothers were unhappy because the society expected them to stay in the relationship.

I am not saying it is the right thing for people to leave their relationships but a man needs to fight for what he wants so he can value it. I think the problem is because a lot of Nigerian men feel self-entitled and I blame our culture and our mothers.

Most mothers are the problem because when something happens, they are quick to advise the daughter and wives, they don’t tell the men that their actions are wrong. So if a man feels that he does not have to fight to keep the relationship, he would not.”

SOURCE: http://www.thenaijaface.com/2017/09/simi-blame-nigerian-men-for-not-being.html#more

Re: Simi Blame Nigerian Men For Not Being Romantic by HungerBAD: 5:03pm On Sep 16, 2017
Read the story.

Some points were well taken in, especially the influence of mothers not telling their sons their actions are wrong.

But as regards the romantic thing?this one is a little tricky. In the Nigeria society,there is a thin line between being Romantic,and turning the guy into a house help.

Example: i might want to be romantic with my wife by bringing her breakfast in bed,and some dumb girls will push their luck by telling the man that henceforth he will be the cook in the house.

Example 2: You might want to surprise your wife with romantic dinner somewhere quiet and pricy,and when you get home, there will be WAR because she sighted the amount you paid for the food. And then will go off with how much the money can buy books for the kids.

It is difficult being a romantic in Nigeria period.

2 Likes

Re: Simi Blame Nigerian Men For Not Being Romantic by Evablizin(f): 5:06pm On Sep 16, 2017
undecided
Interesting.

Re: Simi Blame Nigerian Men For Not Being Romantic by AdeniyiA(m): 5:07pm On Sep 16, 2017
Excuses not to be submissive, and don't blame me if i do not get married or i end up becoming a single mother or a divorcee undecided
Re: Simi Blame Nigerian Men For Not Being Romantic by GloriaNinja(f): 5:10pm On Sep 16, 2017
MAYBE SOMEONE DON BREAK HER HEART TO MAKE HER SAY THAT THOUGH.

(1) (Reply)

Lady Gaga Who Is Hospitalized, Receives Flowers And Ivy Park Sweatshirt From Bey / I Am A Producer And Need A Singer To Collaborate With. / Rapper Cardi B Breaks Lauryn Hill’s Billboard Record

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.