Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,163 members, 7,953,621 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 08:57 PM

Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine (9512 Views)

Reason For High Fees And Turnout Of First Class Graduates In Private Unis. / Wole Soyinka Government High School / Cut-off Mark: Candidates, Parents Head For Court (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by FBS: 10:33am On Mar 01, 2010
Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/5/20100301/tuk-wonder-twins-head-for-high-school-ag-45dbed5.html

http://hiphopwired.com/2010/03/04/9-year-old-british-twins-become-youngest-high-school-students-in-history-video/

Two nine-year-olds known as the Wonder Twins for their record-beating exam results are set to become the youngest pupils admitted to a British secondary school. Skip related content

Paula and Peter Imafidon, from Waltham Forest, London, amazed parents and teachers when they passed an A-level maths exam at the age of seven.

The twins have been waiting to find out which secondary school they will attend, along with thousands of other youngsters - who are two years older - across the country.

Peter and Paula, who attend a state primary in London, were helped by their three older brothers and sisters, each of whom were also child prodigies.

Their father Chris said he was thrilled by his childen's achievements at school.

He denied any particular genius in the family, crediting their success to the Excellence in Education programme for inner city children from disadvantaged backgrounds.

"Every child is a genius," he said. "Once you identify the talent of a child and put them in the environment that will nurture that talent then the sky is the limit.

"Look at Tiger Woods, or the Williams sisters - they were nurtured.

"You can never rule anything out with them, the competition between the two of them makes them excel in anything they do.

"They are forever competing and fighting, even if it's just for the remote control or the computer."

Paula hopes to become a maths teacher, while Peter hopes to become Prime Minister one day.
-------------

The two highlighted parts carry powerful messages IMO.
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by azeeza(f): 10:36am On Mar 01, 2010
Wonder twin indeed.i wish they were mine.God bless me with set of twin kiss
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by FBS: 3:03pm On Mar 01, 2010
azeeza:

Wonder twin indeed.i wish they were mine.God bless me with set of twin kiss
God answers prayers.
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by estadypes(f): 6:57pm On Mar 01, 2010
dis is quite gud, i kno of sumone wu entered secondary skul wen she was eight(almost nine though).i think its amazing cos i wuld av experienced the same fing if not dat i changed skul, i later did gain admission wen i was 10 so i guess im a wonder child too, lol
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by SwtzMinx(f): 3:10am On Mar 02, 2010
^^i fink d p0int hr is d fact dat they passd an A-LEVEL MATHS EXAM AT THE AGE OF SEVEN. .
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by zoragirl: 2:48pm On Mar 05, 2010
my younger brother gain admission into secondary school at age eight, but this is nigeria and many of these things pass unnoticed
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by Allta(m): 2:54pm On Mar 05, 2010
Wonder why Nigerian Never got mentioned in those news reports? In fact, WHO IS TO SAY THEY ARE NIGERIANS!!!!!!
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by chic2pimp(m): 2:58pm On Mar 05, 2010
Dayummmmm Smart Kids cool

Reminds me of the 8 year old Chinese kid who passed A Levels Further Maths
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by marocguy(m): 2:59pm On Mar 05, 2010
They wont openly recognise them as nigerians. These foreign media self. They only tag tie likes of mutallab as nigerians.
Anyway those lads are yet 2 shine. They'll still show more of their stuff;wot people with naija blood can do.
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by InesQor(m): 3:07pm On Mar 05, 2010
[size=14pt]WICKED!!! [/size] grin
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by Sagamite(m): 3:08pm On Mar 05, 2010
Good! Hope they do well in school, but I don't believe in rushing a child.

For me, development is not only about education, and not following your age group and standing out like a sore thumb everytime can affect a child's overall development.
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by Nobody: 3:15pm On Mar 05, 2010
Sagamite:

Good! Hope they do well in school, but I don't believe in rushing a child.

For me, development is not only about education, and not following your age group and standing out like a sore thumb everytime can affect a child's overall development.

I owe you a bottle of champagne with a pack of Suya. wink wink wink
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by gidson12(m): 3:21pm On Mar 05, 2010
D brain has got many vacant rooms 2 b used, its depends on d owner, these kids are wounderfully utilizing it, kudos 2 d twins
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by Kx: 3:27pm On Mar 05, 2010
chic2pimp:

Dayummmmm Smart Kids cool

Reminds me of the 8 year old Chinese kid who passed A Levels Further Maths

signs of end time!
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by Iman3(m): 3:31pm On Mar 05, 2010
A couple of people who claim to know one of the prodigious Imafidon kids claim she's depressed and maladjusted because of being hot-housed.
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by SwtzMinx(f): 3:39pm On Mar 05, 2010
^^SO?? *c0nfused*
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by Sagamite(m): 3:40pm On Mar 05, 2010
Becomrich1:

edo state children.

very close to ondo state.

See all the major towns in kastina state and compare with ondo state.  Nigeria claimed

Katsina State 5,792,578
Ondo State    3,441,024

That is a 2.4 million different between the two state. can you see, is this not a lie.

You are cursed!
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by Sagamite(m): 3:41pm On Mar 05, 2010
ifedy:

I owe you a bottle of champagne with a pack of Suya. wink wink wink

Suya? Chei, you know where my belle face o. Fantastic!
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by seunspice(m): 3:45pm On Mar 05, 2010
@Becomrich1, Are you sure you are on the right thread.
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by obyann(f): 3:47pm On Mar 05, 2010
Peter and Paula thumbs up for you  smiley smiley smiley
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by Iman3(m): 3:48pm On Mar 05, 2010
SwtzMinx:

^^SO?? *c0nfused*

How can you call becommrich's post confusing?
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by maddock(m): 3:57pm On Mar 05, 2010
Na who say naija no dey scather? Show me make i woz that person slap! grin grin grin
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by Nobody: 3:58pm On Mar 05, 2010
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by InesQor(m): 4:03pm On Mar 05, 2010
chaircover:

Great Stuff and I am happy for both kids and parents, but I hate to think of how many "kid hours" they would have missed studying while their friends were playing outside.
Excellent point there! Nothing really goes for nothing, if you pay attention to the details. The devil is always in the details!
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by Livvvvy(f): 4:13pm On Mar 05, 2010
Thumbs up to the imafidon.

We have so many more here in niaja.

For Becomerich, I guess he is also a whiz kid, though i feel his is for the love of maps, figures and wat-hav-u.
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by hackney(m): 4:18pm On Mar 05, 2010
Welldone to the pair of naija kids.

Also : people like becomerich make the world go round and round and round and round . . . . . .
I no fit laff again oooo!
Hey!!! nothing like Naija.

Once again welldone to the li'l 'uns.
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by daprad(m): 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2010
It's not a suprise, good performance in eduucation is based on your eviroment, childhood background and the study material that you have acces to. Every body is born as a ginus but your childhood trainning will determine your inteligence I mean trainning right from when your MUM is still breast feeding you matters allot. So many parent takes that forgranted, they will say "he/she is just a child, when he grows he/she will learn". Start educating your child from early time and you will suprise what the outcome will be, read story books to child, timed the child activities, send the child some basic errand and rebuke the child when he/she has done any wrong. Over pamparing will turn the child to be unserious to everything.
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by TheSaintz: 4:24pm On Mar 05, 2010
thumps up
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by kvolander: 4:30pm On Mar 05, 2010
If it's good news, british - born twins.

If it's bad news, nigerian - born british twins.

They're fond of doing that.
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by hackney(m): 4:44pm On Mar 05, 2010
To be honest, i dont blame the British for praising the 'products' of their
environment.

Other societies can borrow a leaf (if they want)
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by yme1(f): 4:53pm On Mar 05, 2010
kvolander:

i cant help but laugh at that statement
well all the same they are nigerians
God bless them kiss kiss kiss
Re: Wonder Twins Head For High School Aged Nine by cliveland: 4:57pm On Mar 05, 2010
kvolander:

thats y u are always a stranger in their town, for all its worth whether they acknowledge the parentage of the kids as naija or not, shame will always follow them for denying us our due when we deserve it, for the kids pls grauduate from university at 15yrs and shame d white owls.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Biology Bsc/ed Vs Microbiology Bsc / Nigeria Reintroduces History In Schools From 2018/2019 Academic Session / Abia State University Workers Protest Over 11-Month Salary Arrears

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.