Stats: 3,152,563 members, 7,816,374 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 10:23 AM

GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? (531 Views)

Swept By Destiny, Do We Blame The Church Or? / "Ideas Bring More Riches Than Tithes, Japan Is A Proof" - Reno Omokri / Benefits Of Wisdom (11): Greatness And Honour (2) (3) (4)

GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by charlsecy(m): 7:33am On Sep 17, 2017
I was having a discussion with my father one day. He told me as much as human efforts could make one afford a meal, being great and rich was by divine appointment.

He gave me instances of some people who were into the same line of business as he; how he became more successful than they, even though they struggled as much or more than he.

He went further Biblically, citing Abraham/Ibrahim as an example. He said, "Of all the men in the city, GOD chose Abraham/Ibrahim. What effort did Abraham/Ibrahim make to be chosen for such greatness?"

Now, what do you think?

Re: GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by MhizzAJ(f): 7:35am On Sep 17, 2017
This is interesting
Re: GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by hopefulLandlord: 7:36am On Sep 17, 2017
interesting question
Re: GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by Homeboiy: 7:36am On Sep 17, 2017
Re: GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by Mekanus(m): 7:43am On Sep 17, 2017
Re: GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by bolinjkezzy(m): 7:56am On Sep 17, 2017
Greatness I believe is caused by hard work, there is nothing divine in that. Your actions shape your destiny. God the creator has subjected everything to the law of nature.
Re: GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by bedspread: 7:58am On Sep 17, 2017
What your Dad says is Absolutely Right...
If Riches is by The amount of work or struggle, Then The Wheel Barrow Pushers should be the Richest.

See Deuteronomy 8:18
Psalm 2:8
Psalm 24:1

Tell your Dad I said He is a Great dad..
Only a Great Dad will Tell his Son the Truth.
Re: GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by Nobody: 8:01am On Sep 17, 2017
Proper planning,Efforts and luck=greatness .

Greatness and success is all about being at the right place at the right time.
Re: GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by charlsecy(m): 8:02am On Sep 17, 2017
Those who feel they are great, do you think your efforts brought you where you are? Are there those who have made similar or even more efforts, but couldn't make it to the top as you?
Re: GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by bedspread: 8:05am On Sep 17, 2017
euromilion:
TRUST IN GOD,Proper planning,Efforts and luckFavor=greatness .

Greatness and success is all about being at the right place at the right time.
Re: GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by charlsecy(m): 8:07am On Sep 17, 2017
Let me think of academic excellence. Why is it in a class, there are usually A students who sometimes read less, but always trump others?
Re: GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by bedspread: 8:07am On Sep 17, 2017
bolinjkezzy:
[s]Greatness I believe is caused by hard work, there is nothing divine in that. Your actions shape your destiny. God the creator has subjected everything to the law of nature.[/s]
Re: GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by torres89: 8:27am On Sep 17, 2017
when u are good at what u do
I mean highly skilled at what u do. then just have some faith
that's all
no such thing as divine appointment
very few people know the background story of David even Moses sef
Re: GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by judedwriter(m): 9:49am On Sep 17, 2017
The blessing of the Lord makes rich and He adds no sorrow (struggling, hustling) with it.
Proverbs 10:22

God blessed Abraham greatly and He became great, not just because of His efforts but God's favour on him-
Genesis 24:35

Truth is, without God's blessing, you can labour yourself to death and still end up poor.
Re: GOD And Efforts: Are Greatness And Riches By Destiny? by Partnerbiz2: 11:00am On Sep 17, 2017
This appears to be a mystery as at times I see something that appears to be luck at work..

Indeed time and chance happeneth to them all..

. / Is your tolerance skit fair? / RCCG Holy Ghost Congress 2017 : Theme - Songs Of Victory (fifth Day)