Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,320 members, 7,957,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 24 September 2024 at 10:11 PM

Naijafreshgraduate - NYSC - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Naijafreshgraduate (418 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Naijafreshgraduate by NaijaFG(f): 8:39am On Sep 17, 2017
I just realised that I have not told you guys anything about my PPA (Place of Primary Assignment). Well, here goes:

My PPA is an NGO. It borders on students of both secondary schools and tertiary intitutions and teaches against ‘destructive attitudes’. My PPA is also a research institute. No, I did not ‘work’ it, that is where I was posted.

Anambra state pays ‘state allowee’. So when we left camp, we were told to ask our PPAs, if we were posted to private institutions, if they would pay. If they said no, you could easily tell them, with a smile, to reject you. Period! So, when I got to my PPA, the first thing I asked them after they had told me all I needed to know about the organisation was if they paid. They said no!

You needed to have seen me. I looked more horrible than someone who lost everything in a flood. But then, I did not want to bother myself with that just yet. All I really wanted was to finish my documentation and go home! So I asked them to just accept me. They obliged!

Fast forward to when I got back and began work…

I began work on Monday. My job has no job description! Here, I am a writer and a researcher. They have this website they say has not been updated for about a year. When the boss, a reverend father, asked who had some knowledge about ‘uploading websites on the internet’, I rose my hand. And now, I am a content developer and editor.

Working hours are not specific, rigid or determined. They are based solely on an ‘as long as there is work to be done, work’ basis. Today for example, I worked from 9am till about 4pm, and from 8pm till about 12:30pm.

My parents tried to redeploy me to Abuja. NCCF president here made attempts to change my PPA when he learnt they wouldn’t pay. I refused them all. Now see my life! I am being overworked to receive only federal government allowee.

Iz eet good! Shood I keep kwayeit!

https://naijafreshgraduate./

(1) (Reply)

Tips And Tricks To Setup E-commerce Business With Your Little Apartment / Topup And Get Paid Store For All Nigerians / Ibadan Residents Only

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.