Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,330 members, 7,850,179 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 03:51 PM

Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of A Public Secondary School - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of A Public Secondary School (868 Views)

Photo: A Public Primary School In Bauchi State / Secondary School Girl Brings Her Entire Family To Beat Up Her Teacher / A Public Secondary School In Lagos (pics). (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of A Public Secondary School by kaycast(m): 11:25am On Mar 01, 2010
the collapse of the public school is it the fault of the government, the teachers or are we going to blame the students, most people cannot send their children to public school, the children of the rich go to only private school, the government as neglected it.

i went to a public secondary school, where the roof leaks when its raining, rays of sun come in attimes, the teachers act negligent, all they mostly do is gossip and sell things in their office, why is that so? are they under paid and why? i think this is where the government come in, its like the government has given up on public school, they are also to blame, i think they need to look into this issue.The students on another angle are mostly very un serious, they want to break all the rules, they are not ready to be mentored or moulded

so i sit down and think can any good thing come out from a public secondary school?

Well i graduated from a public school some few years back and am in my final year in the university studying a good course, and i can say despite all that took place in my secondary school i have made up my mind to be the best, so i think it greatly depends on the student.

what do u think?
Re: Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of A Public Secondary School by Seun(m): 8:59pm On Jun 10, 2011
You're right, man. Kudos to you. Some public schools are really good and known for excellence, though usually that's usually because they are well supported by their alumni financially.
Re: Can Any Good Thing Come Out Of A Public Secondary School by Nobody: 7:01pm On Mar 17, 2012
The question is as good as asking if anything good can come out of the 'Ghettos'? Lol. We've got great minds springing forth in public schools, despite the many hurldes. smiley.

The collapse of public schools wouldn't be the fault of the students nor teacher, but the patron itself -the government! The government need do alot of re-evaluation and restructuring of the system so as to make it competitive. Maybe partnership with some organisations would do the magic -thinkCSR! Imagine, each of these big Companies in Lagos collaborating to develop some of these public schools at a time. They need very functional librarys, laboratories, well furnished classrooms, (I remember when we had to bring in our furnitures to school, cos the school couldn't provide for her students), ICT department etc.

PS: kudos to those Alumni that have impacted their alma mata. Big kudos, to look back and make a difference. smiley

(1) (Reply)

Unilorin Remedial 2010/2011 / So What Do You Expect From Your Higher Institution? / Is There Maximum Validity For Ssce Results For Overseas Admission?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 17
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.