Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,291 members, 7,836,280 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 02:09 AM

How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? (1028 Views)

My Journey to The Spirit World And How God Delivered Me / What Happened The Day I Said "Goodbye" To The World And "Welcome" To Jesus / 10 Richest Pastors In The World And Their Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by Nobody: 11:44pm On Sep 17, 2017
In this ever busy, rapidly-changing world, it is almost impossible to stay focused because of the great revolutions man has effected in a bid to survive and flow with the crowd and as such, one wonders how possible it is to succeed without “behaving like the Romans “in a world full of pressure and taunts, capable of making the religious faithful succumb to using man-made tactics that are “legalised“ thus making it very stressful to make heaven. Is it possible to stand firm? And with what tactics?

Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by Nobody: 9:21am On Sep 18, 2017
Good day everyone. I am sure you know what it feels like to be the one the one that backs down because of your faith and belief, to be harassed and molested. At times you look stupid and are prone to lots of criticisms from every angle- even your diary is filled up with “most embarrassing moments“. Take your time to review such moments and pray for strength and lots of wits to scale through.
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by Nobody: 1:07pm On Sep 18, 2017
Look up ways to respond and act in such situations, how to say no politely without severing a relationship, or just walk away. There are days when keeping silent will help.
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by Nobody: 6:00am On Sep 20, 2017
I just want to be where you are lord. Do not let me depart from you. I'm encouraged when I know you've got plans for me. Guide me, help me find my way because I'm uncertain, naïve, timid, taciturn. Give me a voice to speak up and speak loud. Back me up when I back down and I'll be alright.

1 Like

Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:26am On Sep 20, 2017
MikeAterezzi:
In this ever busy, rapidly-changing world, it is almost impossible to stay focused because of the great revolutions man has effected in a bid to survive and flow with the crowd and as such, one wonders how possible it is to succeed without “behaving like the Romans “in a world full of pressure and taunts, capable of making the religious faithful succumb to using man-made tactics that are “legalised“ thus making it very stressful to make heaven. Is it possible to stand firm? And with what tactics?
BRO, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN BY "MAKING IT STRESSFUL TO MAKE HEAVEN"...BECAUSE EVERY BELIEVER IS HEAVEN BOUND...NOTHING CAN STEAL US IN HIS HAND.
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by Nobody: 7:56pm On Sep 20, 2017
Amen and Amen.
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by Nobody: 8:02pm On Sep 20, 2017
Thanks a lot. I didn't see it that way. My apologies.
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by Nobody: 12:23am On Oct 05, 2017
The time is now
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by Nobody: 11:58pm On Oct 08, 2017
To be at the top you'll need to stay at the top.
What does it take?
Practice
Practice
Practice

That's what it takes!
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by Nobody: 9:12pm On Oct 11, 2017
One day at a time, sweet Jesus- that's all I'm asking of you.

Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by obisco4u: 9:54pm On Oct 11, 2017
A good question to the so called born again Christians. They call them selves Christians and yet they go through our educational system, attend our universities, visit our hospitals, use our technology, drive our cars, fly on our jets, use our social media, listen to our music and follow our fashion.
Yet they claim not to be of this world. So Christians, are you Martians?
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 11, 2017
Not really...
It's like crossing a termite-infested bridge that looks set to collapse at any moment. Such a person has to be wary of his/her footing. Crossing the bridge is hard itself and getting to the end seems more important. You just have to thread softly.
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by Nobody: 5:19pm On Oct 20, 2017
This body of mine wants to condemn me. It doesn't want to concede defeat!
I need to crucify this thing!
Hang it on a stake and let it burn!
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by Nobody: 6:55pm On Oct 21, 2017
Keep calm always.
Keep calm and observe.
Keep calm and meditate.
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by Nobody: 7:33pm On Nov 10, 2017
The year draws near...again.
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by Nobody: 10:37am On Dec 13, 2017
The Church of Convenience is quite catchy.
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by akeensbussy(m): 4:28pm On Dec 13, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
BRO, I DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU MEAN BY "MAKING IT STRESSFUL TO MAKE HEAVEN"...BECAUSE EVERY BELIEVER IS HEAVEN BOUND...NOTHING CAN STEAL US IN HIS HAND.

Give me 3 reason you think or know you will make heaven but an unbeliever will not.
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by bloodofthelamb(m): 5:29pm On Dec 13, 2017
akeensbussy:

Give me 3 reason you think or know you will make heaven but an unbeliever will not.

(1)- The scripture affirms so. John3:16_ For God so love the world( emphasis me) that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

I am forever save through JESUS.
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by akeensbussy(m): 7:53pm On Dec 13, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

(1)- The scripture affirms so. John3:16_ For God so love the world( emphasis me) that He gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in Him should not perish but have everlasting life.

I am forever save through JESUS.

That is one reason...three?
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by bloodofthelamb(m): 8:02pm On Dec 13, 2017
akeensbussy:

That is one reason...three?
Christ is the only reason i have. I have no other reason to give to you.
Re: How Possible Is It To Be In The World And Yet Not Be Of The World? by akeensbussy(m): 6:59am On Dec 14, 2017
bloodofthelamb:

Christ is the only reason i have. I have no other reason to give to you.

Here is also reason you May not make heaven..

According Muslim, Hindu, Judaism, Krishnan and other available religions. You will also not make heaven because to them, you are also an unbeliever.

(1) (Reply)

Prophet Chinonso F. Aniebo 2018 Prophesies / / Pick A Team... Killed Or Suicide.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.