Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,043 members, 7,818,106 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:04 AM

Ethiopian Semitic Languages - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ethiopian Semitic Languages (808 Views)

Genetic Evidence: Negroes A Proto-semitic People / Languages Spoken In Each Of The 36 States In Nigeria / Ethiopian Women Beaten Before They Marry (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ethiopian Semitic Languages by Nobody: 9:04am On Sep 18, 2017
The Semitic language are a branch of the Afroasiatic super family language. It originated in northeast Africa.

Afro-Asiatic also originated in northeast Africa (Ethiopia to be specific) as a single language before it diversified into Omotic, Cushitic, Semitic, Chadic, Berber and Ancient Egyptian.

Ethiopia houses the largest numbers Semitic languages in the world. Amharic language which is the de facto language of Ethiopia has the 2nd largest numbers of Semitic speakers behind Arabic.

The civilization of modern day Ethiopia/Eritrea was started mainly as result of indigenous Ethiosemitic and Cushitic groups works. The claim that it was because of Sabaean influence have now been proven wrong.

The Ethiopian Semitic languages are divided into 2 branches (North Ethopic and South Ethiopic). South Ethiopic is further divided and again subdivided into another branches. But I will list all the EthioSemitic languages in the first 2 branches.

North Ethiopic
- Ge'ez (Ethiopic)
- Tigrinya
- Tigre
- Dahalik

South Ethiopic
- Amharic
- Argobba
- Harari
- Silt' e (dialects:- Ulbare, Wolane and Inneqor)
- Zway/Zay
- Gafat
- Soddo/Kistane
- Mesmes
- Muher
- Mesqan/Masqan
- Sebat Bet Gurage (dialects:- Chaha, Ezha, Gumer and Gura)
- Inor (dialects:- Ennemor [Inor proper], Endegegn and Gyeto)
Re: Ethiopian Semitic Languages by Nobody: 10:29am On Sep 18, 2017
Any violence against you is anti semitic but the white give that to only the hebrew.
Re: Ethiopian Semitic Languages by Nobody: 11:09am On Sep 18, 2017
abdelrahman:
Any violence against you is anti semitic but the white give that to only the hebrew.
Yes
We (EthioSemitic speakers) are more Cushite than Middle Eastern.
Re: Ethiopian Semitic Languages by Nobody: 11:13am On Sep 18, 2017
Hati13:

Yes
We (EthioSemitic speakers) are more Cushite than Middle Eastern.
i have a girl on facebook that is Oromo ethnic in ethiopia,i told her the same.
Re: Ethiopian Semitic Languages by Nobody: 11:39am On Sep 18, 2017
abdelrahman:
i have a girl on facebook that is Oromo ethnic in ethiopia,i told her the same.
In case of proper Oromo, there are even more Cushite than Middle Eastern. But after their brutal invasion of Ethiopia in the 16th and 17th century AD, they had extensively mixed with EthioSemitic speakers and other Ethiopians from 16th century AD onwards, so most of them are becoming genetically indistinguishable from the Habesha Ethiopians (Amhara, Tigray, Tigrinya, Tigre, Gurage and Harari).

Most of Ethiopians speak Afro-Asaitic languages and their partial ancestors (proto-Afroasiatic speakers) are believed to have migrated from Eurasia to Africa between 8000-10,000 BC during the back migration to Africa.
Re: Ethiopian Semitic Languages by Nobody: 11:44am On Sep 18, 2017
Hati13:

In case of proper Oromo, there are even more Cushite than Middle Eastern. But after their brutal invasion of Ethiopia in the 16th and 17th century AD, they had extensively mixed with EthioSemitic speakers and other Ethiopians from 16th century AD onwards, so most of them are becoming genetically indistinguishable from the Habesha Ethiopians (Amhara, Tigray, Tigrinya, Tigre, Gurage and Harari).

Most of Ethiopians speak Afro-Asaitic languages and their partial ancestors (proto-Afroasiatic speakers) are believed to have migrated from Eurasia to Africa between 8000-10,000 BC during the back migration to Africa.
i noticed that most ethiopia are light skin,i also read that king haile selassie look like he happens to have a direct lineage to king solomon and queen sheba.
Re: Ethiopian Semitic Languages by Nobody: 12:30pm On Sep 18, 2017
abdelrahman:
i noticed that most ethiopia are light skin,i also read that king haile selassie look like he happens to have a direct lineage to king solomon and queen sheba.
Most Ethiopians ain't light skinned but rather black.

Haileselassie and all most all the emperors of Ethiopia before him upto Yekuno Amlak in 1268 were considered to had Solomon and Queen of Sheba linkage, but there is no concrete evidence to support it.

2 Likes

Re: Ethiopian Semitic Languages by Nobody: 5:40am On Sep 20, 2017
In the story of islam,abyssinia appeared there,when muslims ran to king Negus for safety.
Re: Ethiopian Semitic Languages by Nobody: 3:34pm On Sep 20, 2017
abdelrahman:
In the story of islam,abyssinia appeared there,when muslims ran to king Negus for safety.
Yeah

Prophet Mohammed did sent one of his daughter and some of his followers to Axumite Empire of Ethiopia, so that they could escape the persecution Muslims were facing in Arabia by pagan Arabs.

Because of this, the 1st Hijra was from Mecca to Ethiopia.

The 1st non Arab Muslims were some Ethiopians.

1 Like

Re: Ethiopian Semitic Languages by Nobody: 1:57pm On Sep 21, 2017
Hati13:

Yeah

Prophet Mohammed did sent one of his daughter and some of his followers to Axumite Empire of Ethiopia, so that they could escape the persecution Muslims were facing in Arabia by pagan Arabs.

Because of this, the 1st Hijra was from Mecca to Ethiopia.

The 1st non Arab Muslims were some Ethiopians.
yes that is bilal ibn rabah,he was the first to make call to prayer!

(1) (Reply)

These Are The Five Drunkest Countries In Africa: See Who Tops The List / Can Someone Help Me Please, I’m So Broken / 10 Bizzare Believes And Practices Of The Maasai Tribe

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.