Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,689 members, 7,816,814 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:44 PM

2017 Emmy Awards: My Thoughts And The Full List Of Winners - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / 2017 Emmy Awards: My Thoughts And The Full List Of Winners (500 Views)

Academy Awards - Oscars 2022 (Full List Of Winners) / AMVCA 2020 Full List Of Winners / AMVCA 2018 Full List Of Winners (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

2017 Emmy Awards: My Thoughts And The Full List Of Winners by Nobody: 2:10pm On Sep 18, 2017
Emmys
If I’m to describe the 2017 Prime time Emmy Awards that took place last night, the word cool comes to mind. It wasn’t extra or dragging, it was just cool.

In fact it was what an award show should be; handing out awards to the lucky few who were deemed worthy by the television academy.

Many times awards shows fall victims of unfunny jokes, ridiculously unfunny hosts who attempt to make jokes – looking at you Katy Perry at the VMAs. Sure there were some “comedic moments” that fell flat.

Naked Stephen Colbert as a Robot in Westworld, really?

And for the love of science and art coming together in a beautiful way to create entertainment, stop giving Julia Louis Dreyfus an Emmy for Veep. I get it, she is brilliant in that role but so are the 1586 million other women in that category. Emmys, next year, do better.

Overall, I give the show props for a lot of things but especially for taking out the skits before each presenter presents. I mean they are presenters why can’t they just present?

Except the Seth Meyers and James Corden Skit, that was funny

Also, three hours only and they gave out almost 30 awards indoors as well as a lot of commercial breaks.

Anyway, enough about that, there are some moments that I feel deserve their own paragraphs.

The Opening Sequence
As funny and as cool as it was, the whole song and dance to tell of how amazing TV shows are…that’s getting old. Couldn’t they find another style? Must they always sing funny? He does have a point though, everything is better on TV. The in-depth description of characters and events, you can’t that in 90 minutes to 2 hours. Grade: ehn

Monologue
This was just predictable. I could have written the entire monologue before the monologue even aired.

The Game of Thrones Ineligibility joke; everyone has been making a Game of Thrones ineligibility joke since they found out the show was not going to be eligible for an Emmy this year.  Oh look others can win now. That’s just rude.
At least they took the time to thank the first responders and advertised a means for people to donate to the hurricane relief.  Something Nigeria as a country needs to learn, empathy.

The rest of the jokes went like this: not funny, not funny, not funny, not funny, inaccurate and not funny, classic pat on the back about diversity, not funny, I SEE OPRAH!, not funny, A LOT OF DONALD TRUMP JOKES, Sean Spicer wtf, really? Grade: D

The List of Winners in the Order They Were Presented
Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Series...
...http://www.myvirtualorbit.com/emmys-2017-my-thoughts-and-full-list-of-winners/

(1) (Reply)

The Wedding Party 2 To Hits Cinemas By December / The Walking Dead Season 8 Episode 1 / Top 10 Highest Paid Actors In The World

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.