Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,000 members, 7,810,786 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 03:21 PM

Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt (1847 Views)

Part Of Igbo Land Where You Mustn’t Kill A Python / Americans/Canadians Of Igbo Ancestry Storm Anambra, Get Igbo Names, Land / The Economics Of Igbo Marriage Explained (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by Nobody: 4:05pm On Sep 18, 2017

Pressure has continued to mount on the Pan-Igbo group, Ohaneze Ndigbo to shelve its plan to hold the 2017 Igbo Day in Rivers state.

This time the Youth Wing of the Rivers State Elders and Leaders Council has petitioned the Inspector General of Police IBRAHIM IDRIS urging him not to approve Rivers state as the venue for the Igbo Day celebration.

The council in a statement jointly signed by the President EZE MILLER and the Secretary, LAWRENCE IBIAYEMIE said the choice of Port Harcourt against any other city is offensive.

MILLER said the September date for the event is also a wrong timing following on-going developments in the South East region.

The Council also called on the management of the University of Port Harcourt not to allow Ohaneze use their facilities for the celebration.

Our correspondent reports the River State of Police Command, the DSS, Civil Defence Corps and the Vice Chancellor of the University of Port Harcourt were copied in the petition.

Meanwhile; the Secretary General of Ohaneze Ndigbo, UCHE OKWUKWU has maintained that the Igbo Day poses no threat to Rivers state.

http://www.todayfmlive.com/news/item/6840-2017-igbo-day-rivers-groups-kicks-against-plans-to-use-port-harcourt.html
Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by Nobody: 4:06pm On Sep 18, 2017
We Aniomas are forcing ourselves to be Igbo but Igbo's are not interested in us the prefer ikwerres

why not host it in asaba

I will soon start to claim Edo

proudlyIka from Agbor

7 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by Nobody: 4:11pm On Sep 18, 2017
Danielmoore:
We Aniomas are forcing ourselves to be Igbo but Igbo's are not interested in us the prefer ikwerres

why not host it in asaba

proudlyIka from Agbor

Anioma has no significant oil

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by Nobody: 4:13pm On Sep 18, 2017
Danielmoore:

why not host it in asaba

proudlyIka from Agbor
I want to marry an Anioma babe

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by babyfaceafrica: 4:14pm On Sep 18, 2017
Lolz
Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by paschu: 4:15pm On Sep 18, 2017
Shut up.

life2017:

10 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by nwabobo: 4:18pm On Sep 18, 2017
Danielmoore:

why not host it in asaba

proudlyIka from Agbor

Was the Ohaneze president before the last one not from Anioma?

7 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by Nobody: 4:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
life2017:

Thats why northerners own all the oil blocs in the SS.

Northerners dont like money

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by devindevin2000: 4:21pm On Sep 18, 2017
The poster is the same person as those responding him...shameless Afonja.
Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by paschu: 4:23pm On Sep 18, 2017
I can as well ask why are they not hosting it in Awka or Enugu.

Stop giving outsiders the chance to mock your identity and slice you from your brothers.

As, an Agbor man, you are not less igbo than an Mbise man. And an Abakaliki or Nri man is not more igbo than you are. Stick to your igbo ethnic identity regardless of what anybody says or does.

Besides, you had better stopped taking this type phoney news serious. As, a matter fact, I think the current secretary of Ohanaeze is from Ikwerre. So you can imagine the lunacy of this report.

By the way, Anioma has produced the top executives- including the president general - a few times.

Danielmoore:

why not host it in asaba

proudlyIka from Agbor

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by ERockson: 4:25pm On Sep 18, 2017
It's really offensive. Why not holding it in one of the SE states.
Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by Nobody: 4:26pm On Sep 18, 2017
Danielmoore:

why not host it in asaba

proudlyIka from Agbor
do not worry your ass. Anioma Igbos will forever be Igbos. Ikwerres are Igbos too. Igbo day is celebrated mostly outside the igbo land. It is being celebrated in both Lagos and Ogun states. It is also celebrated overseas.
Meanwhile, to be igbo is not by fire by force. If as an ika man you think that you are not igbo, no problem. There are many ika people who say that they are Igbos. If I choose to drop my grandfather 's name for my father's name, it is not a sin. So carry on. Nothing do you. Okorocha is an awusa-igbo and he is still riding on. It is his choice.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by wtfcoded: 4:35pm On Sep 18, 2017
It's still bullsh!t
Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by Nobody: 4:41pm On Sep 18, 2017
ERockson:
Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by obyrich(m): 5:05pm On Sep 18, 2017
The Igbos should stop trying to coopt all these people into their body politic. They don't want to be identified with you. Leave them. If an Ikwerre man whose name is Chinedu or Eze is shouting at the top of his voice that he is not an Igboman because of oil or whatever reasons known to him, please let him be. Just document it and leave. Time will tell.

Ohaneze should come to Aba or Umuahia and host their occasion. They are welcome here.

3 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by obyrich(m): 5:20pm On Sep 18, 2017
ERockson:
There is nothing offensive in it. Tomorrow they will say the Igbos do not identify with them. I read where one mad man was claiming that the Igbos forgot Effiong and honored Ojukwu. That Ojukwu was given state burial and Effiong was not. He forgot that we are not in Biafra but in Nigeria. That while effiong was not interested in playing Nigerian politics, Ojukwu on the other hand, was much involved in Nigerian politics and reunification of the Biafrans in Nigeria. He was once a Presidential aspirant under APGA.

I even read where he claimed Ojukwu was buried as a General while Effiong was not honored as such as if it was the Biafran government that honored Ojukwu and forgot Effiong.

The Igbos should be more interested in the South Eastern States. Make your home attractive first.

2 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by nengibo: 5:31pm On Sep 18, 2017
Truly the timing is wrong considering what is happening in the s.e, we don't want it in Rivers state let just keep their "bere" in Abia, afterall one chic told me dat Ebonyi is cleaner than Ph �, so let it be hosted there, fyi op the headline is wrong

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by RedboneSmith(m): 5:46pm On Sep 18, 2017
ERockson:

How is it offensive? The secretary general Uche Okwukwu is from Rivers State. Why can't the event be held in his home state?

All this boils down to the fear of being associated with IPOB and the fact that people cannot make the distinction between pro-Biafra groups and a simply ethno-cultural organisation like Ohaneze.

4 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by RedboneSmith(m): 5:53pm On Sep 18, 2017
life2017:

Who said? Ndokwa has oil in plenty.

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by Afam4eva(m): 9:56pm On Sep 18, 2017
The mumuness in this country has gone haywire...what on earth concerns an Igbo day gathering with IPOB for christ sake? The last Igbo day was held in Asaba and attended by a cross section of Anioma traditional rulers. What then is the big deal in hosting it in PH? Ohh, i think they may feel that if hosted in PH, it may confirm to people that indeed Igboid groups like Ikwerre are actually Igbo, so they can't let that happen.

On the flip side, i think our leaders are most shameless in the entire federation. There are 5 eastern states and this thing can be rotated among them every year. I don't see the need to force this thing down the throat of people that don't want to have anything to do with you. Like i have said in the past, if we must move forward, it's imperative that we cut of Anioma and Igboid groups in Rivers state from the Igbo arithmetic because it has become a distraction rather than an addition.

7 Likes

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by AndreUweh(m): 6:07pm On Sep 20, 2017
The summit is rotational. Whilst Asaba and all the south east state capitals have had their turns, it's now the turn of Rivers state to host this mammoth gathering.
However, this is not the first time it will be hosted in PH. During the Igbo union era, Port Harcourt was one of the cities that hosted such events. This will not also be the last.
Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by aniomafirstson: 11:19pm On Sep 21, 2017
Afam4eva:
The mumuness in this country has gone haywire...what on earth concerns an Igbo day gathering with IPOB for christ sake? The last Igbo day was held in Asaba and attended by a cross section of Anioma traditional rulers. What then is the big deal in hosting it in PH? Ohh, i think they may feel that if hosted in PH, it may confirm to people that indeed Igboid groups like Ikwerre are actually Igbo, so they can't let that happen.

On the flip side, i think our leaders are most shameless in the entire federation. There are 5 eastern states and this thing can be rotated among them every year. I don't see the need to force this thing down the throat of people that don't want to have anything to do with you. Like i have said in the past, if we must move forward, it's imperative that we cut of Anioma and Igboid groups in Rivers state from the Igbo arithmetic because it has become a distraction rather than an addition.

Oga what is your problem?
cut off anioma people?
come cut am off na

asaba hosted the last one for your information
and they did not complain

I wonder why you want to cut them off

you and the people that liked your post should be ashamed of yourselves

1 Like

Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by Probz(m): 11:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
aniomafirstson:

Oga what is your problem?
cut off anioma people?
come cut am off na

asaba hosted the last one for your information
and they did not complain

I wonder why you want to cut them off

you and the people that liked your post should be ashamed of yourselves

Anioma first son indeed. cool
Re: Ikwerre Reject Hosting Of Igbo Day In Portharcourt by Afam4eva(m): 11:32pm On Sep 21, 2017
Probz:

Anioma first son indeed. cool

Are you suspecting that he's from the south east? Lol

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Eyonu Agba , / Oldest Mosque In Lagos Built In 1892 [PHOTOS] / Oba Of Benin: Yoruba Or Not

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.