Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,237 members, 7,818,795 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Open Souce Or Source Code, What's It Really? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / Open Souce Or Source Code, What's It Really? (1150 Views)

Why Do My Children Need To Learn To Code? What’s All The Fuss? / Free PHP, Node js ,Mongo db, Angular And C# Proje Source Code With Documentation / Please Help Look At My Code (what is wrong with my code ) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Open Souce Or Source Code, What's It Really? by moriton(m): 1:09pm On Sep 19, 2017
So I just got a notification from X Os of Infinix that open source is now available for my Hot 4 Pro. They recommend I comment to get a link to download it. Well this web-code-programming ish is not my thing really ( like what is rooting a phone sef), but I would love to know what open source or source code for mobile phones really means and what I stand to gain or lose from it. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Open Souce Or Source Code, What's It Really? by SilverG33k(m): 4:45pm On Sep 19, 2017
Since you said you don't even know how to root a phone, don't even bother to know how to use a source code....

Open source means programming codes written and available to everyone

Source Code is the name given to the programming codes

Well not everyone needs an open source for Xos and besides, without a proper knowledge of the language the code is written in, you just can't understand shii or even make use of it at all, so don't bother to download it....

But OP, are you sure its Source Code you saw ??
Re: Open Souce Or Source Code, What's It Really? by moriton(m): 9:43am On Sep 20, 2017
Thanks, it's open source sir. Here....

Re: Open Souce Or Source Code, What's It Really? by SilverG33k(m): 7:51pm On Sep 20, 2017
Source code is not a launcher that you can install!! Its more complex than you think so just ignore it.
Re: Open Souce Or Source Code, What's It Really? by ncpat(m): 6:39am On Sep 21, 2017
Open source in computer jargons means a program that is available to the public free and in most cases open source files usually comes with their source code so that individual developers can contribute to the program by ways of fixing any bug if found or improve it and send a feed back to the original owners while source code is the file or data saved while writing the program so access to the source code gives individuals access to modify, twist,and make any fix to the program.

(1) (Reply)

What Are The Benefits Of Programming? / Access Denial For User Root / Prestashop Ecommerce Mobile App Builder By Knowband

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.