Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,013 members, 7,838,548 topics. Date: Friday, 24 May 2024 at 03:54 AM

Do You Feel Safer Today Than You Felt Yesterday? - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Do You Feel Safer Today Than You Felt Yesterday? (568 Views)

I Am Priest Joseph, If I Had Transaction With You And You Felt Duped, Let's Talk / The Guy I Slept With Gave Me ₦50k And I Felt Like Break-dancing– Chidinma Ojukwu / I Feel Safer Around A Yoruba Or An Igbo Soldier Than A Northerner Soldier. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do You Feel Safer Today Than You Felt Yesterday? by Ebiezprada(m): 2:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
Do you feel safer today than you felt yesterday?

While I was much younger, I remember that the night was almost the same as the day. As kids, we played our pranks at nights many a time. We would play on the sand even in the dark of the night. There was no fence around the compound yet we would spread our mats on the floor outside, doze off and get inside whenever we woke up without fear. There was a feeling of safety and security.
As days ran into weeks, weeks into months and months into years, I (and I believe many people around me) started loosing this feeling of safety gradually, which is very pronounced even today. The loss of this feeling is as a result of events happening; evil activities (robbery, kidnapping and every other form of terror/violence). The number of people who perpetrate evil is steadily on the increase, stories flying around are always scary therefore the gradual loss of the safety feeling is a natural reaction.
On one hand, soldiers are built to take orders and fight wars but we aren't really at war. And in those times when they brought the war to us, it is pure chaos(I wonder if chaos can be pure). The thought of that alone further reduces one's confident feeling of being safe.
Who does feel safe? Is it the world beaters who may have made a deal with the devil and probably traded their liberty for safety? In the end they lose both!
The world is getting less safe with each passing day and it seems improving the situation is bigger than man.
Re: Do You Feel Safer Today Than You Felt Yesterday? by greatnaija01: 2:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
if people got richer today than yesterday then people would feel safer cos technology has made provisions for safety against all odds.
trackers, cameras, spy tech etc have all been incorporated to make life better safe.

Ebiezprada:
Do you feel safer today than you felt yesterday?

While I was much younger, I remember that the night was almost the same as the day. As kids, we played our pranks at nights many a time. We would play on the sand even in the dark of the night. There was no fence around the compound yet we would spread our mats on the floor outside, doze off and get inside whenever we woke up without fear. There was a feeling of safety and security.
As days ran into weeks, weeks into months and months into years, I (and I believe many people around me) started loosing this feeling of safety gradually, which is very pronounced even today. The loss of this feeling is as a result of events happening; evil activities (robbery, kidnapping and every other form of terror/violence). The number of people who perpetrate evil is steadily on the increase, stories flying around are always scary therefore the gradual loss of the safety feeling is a natural reaction.
On one hand, soldiers are built to take orders and fight wars but we aren't really at war. And in those times when they brought the war to us, it is pure chaos(I wonder if chaos can be pure). The thought of that alone further reduces one's confident feeling of being safe.
Who does feel safe? Is it the world beaters who may have made a deal with the devil and probably traded their liberty for safety? In the end they lose both!
The world is getting less safe with each passing day and it seems improving the situation is bigger than man.
Re: Do You Feel Safer Today Than You Felt Yesterday? by Ebiezprada(m): 3:23pm On Sep 19, 2017
greatnaija01:
if people got richer today than yesterday then people would feel safer cos technology has made provisions for safety against all odds.
trackers, cameras, spy tech etc have all been incorporated to make life better safe.

The problem is the mindset of people. The situation seems like the more the days go, the more evil engulfs the world. People will still use technology against technology. If there was no computer, we won't have cyber crimes. So the problem is not everyone being rich or technological improvement. The issue is with us, humans.

(1) (Reply)

Photos: Policeman Kills Pure Water Seller Over N100 Bribe In Rivers State / British Man Killed In Nigeria After Being Held Hostage / Girl Impregnated By Pastor Loses Fallopian Tube To Abortion

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.