Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,763 members, 7,817,106 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:53 AM

See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS (5489 Views)

See What Mtn Promised To Do For Their Customers Tomorrow. / Man Reported My Post To MTN On Twitter, See What MTN Finally Said (Screenshot) / Nipost Charged Me 50 Thousand Naira For A Phone (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Nobody: 7:42pm On Sep 19, 2017
Normally, I don't check charged rate after sending SMS but today, my eyes just bumped on the receipt and I'm so surprised.
I sent a message with only 2 lines and was charged N35 ��. It was sent to another National (Nigeria) number.

Would have loved to post the message but it's confidentiality is my concern

Anyone with such experience?

Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Ajanacool(m): 7:50pm On Sep 19, 2017
In Fela's voice ... ITT _ International thief thief

1 Like

Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Jostico: 7:57pm On Sep 19, 2017
Na devil you send message give? Na only them Mtn dey fear

1 Like

Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by ojun50(m): 8:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
Na wa me self go start to thy check oh
Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by bigdot1759(m): 8:06pm On Sep 19, 2017
Jostico:
this one don pass ITT oooo na GTT global thief thief
Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Nobody: 9:00pm On Sep 19, 2017
Jostico:

cheesy I wonder how much they'd charge for that.

1 Like

Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by blackfase(m): 9:03pm On Sep 19, 2017
Sent an international text msge and was billed N50. Thats d last text im sending on their thieving network. Bastards!

1 Like

Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Gurusizkid(m): 9:42pm On Sep 19, 2017
Jhuniyour:
Normally, I don't check charged rate after sending SMS but today, my eyes just bumped on the receipt and I'm so surprised.
I sent a message with only 2 lines and was charged N35 ��. It was sent to another National (Nigeria) number.

Would have loved to post the message but it's confidentiality is my concern

Anyone with such experience?

Jesus I don't belive this. Even this evening the SMS I sent i was charged 4naira. May be its an error, They will refund ur money back later wen they dictate the error.
Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Realkenny(m): 9:58pm On Sep 19, 2017
That's how it works, they charge you for every space you leave

Like the space I just left before typing this na N8
Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Nobody: 10:00pm On Sep 19, 2017
Gurusizkid:

Jesus I don't belive this. Even this evening the SMS I sent i was charged 4naira. May be its an error, They will refund ur money back laeter wen they dictate the error.

Refund? It's like you're new to Nigeria

1 Like

Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Gurusizkid(m): 10:07pm On Sep 19, 2017
netoc65:

Refund? It's like you're new to Nigeria
grin grin grin grin
Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Nobody: 10:18pm On Sep 19, 2017
Gurusizkid:

Jesus I don't belive this. Even this evening the SMS I sent i was charged 4naira. May be its an error, They will refund ur money back later wen they dictate the error.

Detect...
I'm not sure you are a Nigerian.
MTN?
Refund?
In Nigeria or South Africa?
I doubt that.

OP, take heart

1 Like

Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Nobody: 10:26pm On Sep 19, 2017
Gurusizkid:

I just sent another to an MTN line and was charged N4.
But for refunding extra charge, I don't believe that.
Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Darkseid(m): 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2017
Sometimes dey deduct my airtime up to five times for a one page text. Useless network.

1 Like

Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by shogsman(m): 12:33am On Sep 20, 2017
How many pages did u send?
Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by benueguy(m): 3:20am On Sep 20, 2017
Perhaps you used special characters...
Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by lenghtinny(m): 3:23am On Sep 20, 2017
shogsman:
E be like say na textbook angry
Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Nobody: 6:48am On Sep 20, 2017
YoungRichRuler:

Detect...
I'm not sure you are a Nigerian.
MTN?
Refund?
In Nigeria or South Africa?
I doubt that.

OP, take heart
They do refund money.
Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Nobody: 6:50am On Sep 20, 2017
shogsman:

About half a page or lesser.
Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Nobody: 6:52am On Sep 20, 2017
benueguy:
Perhaps you used special characters...

Just afew numbers and letters. No special characters bro.

Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by TheManofTomorrow(m): 8:38am On Sep 20, 2017
MTN are theives, use their network at your own peril. Scamming customers is now their way of life.
Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Feraz(m): 8:47am On Nov 15, 2017
blackfase:
Sent an international text msge and was billed N50. Thats d last text im sending on their thieving network. Bastards!

Every network here in Nigeria are thieving bastards. Sent an sms to someone in the UK, as the charge was shown (which I quickly closed before I realized what I was charged), I thought it was a joke as I assumed it to be #15. Sent another to be sure, was shocked seeing ₦50. Called them up to complain, they said 'that has always been the charge!' I'm like since when?

Looked up their sms charges online

USA - ₦35
UK - ₦50
Canada - ₦20 or so (Etisalat charges ₦50 - verified it this morning).

Sent another to get pictorial evidence to post here.

Is it because people now use WhatsApp as a messaging platform that these networks have decided to rip off anyone who uses the traditional messaging platform? What is NCC doing about this? Man!! I'm pissed!!!

Lalasticlala, Dominique, this needs to be on FP

Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by blackfase(m): 10:57am On Nov 15, 2017
Takes us right back to d gist that d country is a freaking zoo. Nobody respects any laws. Yuck!

Feraz:

Every network here in Nigeria are thieving bastards. Sent an sms to someone in the UK, as the charge was shown (which I quickly closed before I realized what I was charged), I thought it was a joke as I assumed it to be #15. Sent another to be sure, was shocked seeing ₦50. Called them up to complain, they said 'that has always been the charge!' I'm like since when?

Looked up their sms charges online

USA - ₦35
UK - ₦50
Canada - ₦20 or so (Etisalat charges ₦50 - verified it this morning).

Sent another to get pictorial evidence to post here.

Is it because people now use WhatsApp as a messaging platform that these networks have decided to rip off anyone who uses the traditional messaging platform? What is NCC doing about this? Man!! I'm pissed!!!

Lalasticlala, Dominique, this needs to be on FP
Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by eaglesmind: 10:07am On Apr 10, 2018
Guys, from onset I have been afraid of MTN changes. Just for one Page SMS I was charged #15 but the alert I got was that I was charged #4.
No hidden secrets, this is the message I sent to 8 people-
"‭Seasons greeting! The reason for this season is to save the world from their sins‬.
As you join us to do the work of an evangelist - 4pm -6pm today, the God of my farther will encounter you this season in Jesus' name. Emmanuel"

Please, how many characters are there?

NCC must hear this! There is God o MTN!
Re: See What MTN Charged Me For An SMS by Feraz(m): 11:55am On Jun 26, 2018
blackfase:

Takes us right back to d gist that d country is a freaking zoo. Nobody respects any laws. Yuck!

I wonder why they aren't fighting for this.

(1) (Reply)

Help Me With A Phone That Has 3GB RAM And 32gb Rom / Download Dream League 2017 MOD Version Apk + OBB / Guys God I Need Help! My Phone Just Got Microwaved

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.