Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,754 members, 7,809,890 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:40 PM

Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers (1506 Views)

Members Crawl And Follow Their Pastor Around In Church / Why Did The Catholic Church Decide That Priests Should Be Celibate? / What Is The Work Of Reverend Sisters In The Catholic Church? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 11:40pm On Sep 19, 2017
Lets start by knowing the meaning of Novena
A Novena is a series of powerful prayers that are said for nine(9) consecutive days unfailingly. Equally, it could be said for nine(9) consecutive weeks or months or as Mother Theresa disignated it, an Emergency Novena or Express Novena- a recitation of nine(9) consecutive Memorares.
The word 'Novena' comes from the Latin language 'Novem' meaning Nine. The first Novena to be practised was carried out by the Apostles and Blessed Virgin Mary; after the Lord's Ascension, they returned to Jerusalem in obedience to the Lord and devoted themselves to constant prayer (Acts 1:12-14). Nine days later, the Holy Spirit descended upon the Apostles on Pentecost. Thus, this Nine days period of prayer of the Apostles is the basis for the Novena.

Why do we say Novena?
Novena can be a public or private devotions. Generally, we say Novena to obtain special Graces, Favours, Blessings and to gain Indulgence. Usually, we say Novena to make special petitions and needs. Sometimes, we say Novena as a prayer of thanksgiving in obedience to the word of God 'be thankful always'
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 12:01am On Sep 20, 2017
Okay lets get started!
This thread is open to all Catholics and Non Catholics too who wish to follow and practice the Catholic Monthly Novena, make request of Novena for their private and personal devotions. I'll introduce and post subsequent Novena in due time. Pls lets do well to follow up any Novena at the appropriate time. Remember that The main aim of praying Novena is to develop the culture of prayer notably in Catholics that they may learn to appreciate what they have and are. Hence lets create time to pray NOVENA faithfully and always have an intention even if not for anything but for the gift of life. Appreciate God! Taste and See that the Lord is good. Amen

The Next Novena to be posted will be in honour of the Archangels (St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Raphael)
This Novena will commence on the 20th September and the feast day on the 29th September
. It shall be said daily for the next nine days
I dedicated this Novena for the Travellers, the Sick, the Applicants, the Students and for our own private intentions.
May God answer our prayers through Christ our Lord. Amen
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 12:20am On Sep 20, 2017
Novena to Arch Angels St. Michael, St. Gabriel and St. Michael

���✝✝✝
St. Michael the Archangel, loyal champion of God and His people, I turn to you with confidence and seek your powerful intercession. For the love of God, Who made you so glorious in grace and power, and for the love of the Mother of Jesus, the Queen of the Angels, be pleased to hear my prayer. You know the value on my soul in the eyes of God. May no stain of evil ever disfigure its beauty. Help me to conquer the evil spirit who tempts me. I desire to imitate your loyalty to God and Holy Mother Church and your great love for God and people. And since you are God's messenger for the care of his people, I entrust to you this special request:
Mention your request).
St. Michael, since you are, by the Will of the Creator, the powerful intercessor of Christians, I have great confidence in your prayers. I earnestly trust that if it is God's holy Will, my petition will be granted. Pray for me, St. Michael, and also for those I love. Protect us in all dangers of body and soul. Help us in our daily needs. Through your powerful intercession, may we live a holy life, die a happy death, and reach heaven where we may praise and love God with you forever. Amen.
St. Gabriel the Archangel, I venerate you as the "Angel of the Incarnation," because God has specially appointed you to bear the messages concerning the God-Man to Daniel, Zechariah, and the Blessed Virgin Mary. Give me a tender and devoted Mother, more like your own. I venerate you also as the "strength from God," because you are the giver of God's strength, consoler and comforter chosen to strengthen God's faithful and to teach them important truths. I ask for the grace of a special power of the will to strive for holiness of life. Steady my resolutions, renew my courage, comfort and console me in the problems, trials, and sufferings of daily living, as you consoled our Savior in His agony and Mary in her sorrows and Joseph in his trials. I put my confidence in you. St. Gabriel, I ask you especially for this favor:
(Mention your request) .
Through your earnest love for the Son of God-Made-Man and for His blessed Mother, I beg of you, intercede for me that my request may be granted, if it be God's holy Will. Pray for us, St. Gabriel the Archangel. That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ. Let us Pray. Almighty and ever-living God, since You chose the Archangel Gabriel from among all the Angels to announce the mystery of Your Son's Incarnation, mercifully grant that we who honor him on earth may feel the benefit of his patronage in heaven. You live and reign for ever. Amen. Holy Archangel Raphael , standing so close to the throne of God and offering Him our prayers, I venerate you as God's special Friend and Messenger. I choose you as my Patron and wish to love and obey you as young Tobiah did. I consecrate to you my body and soul,all my work, and my whole life. I want you to be my Guide and Counselor in all the dangerous and difficult problems and decisions of my life.
Remember, dearest, St. Raphael, that the grace of God preserved you with the good Angels in heaven when the proud ones were cast into hell. I entreat you, therefore, to help me in my struggle against the world, the spirit of impurity, and the devil. Defend me from all dangers and every occasion of sin. Direct me always in the way of peace, safety, and salvation. Offer my prayers to God as you offered those of Tobiah, so that through your intercession I may obtain the graces necessary for the salvation of my soul. I ask you to pray that God grant me this favor if it be His holy Will:
Mention your request).
St. Raphael, help me to love and serve my God faithfully, to die in His grace, and finally to merit to join you in seeing and praising God forever in heaven. Amen .���

1 Like

Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 11:56pm On Sep 22, 2017
Lets bear in mind that the ongoing Novena prayer to The Archangels should be said on a daily basis for nine(9) days. Its my earnest prayer that God may answer our petitions brought before him. Through Christ our lord. Amen
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 1:16am On Sep 27, 2017
Novena Team:Dear PRAYER WARRIORS in Christ

�HOW ARE YOUR FAMILY. HOPE YOU ARE IN SPIRITUAL MOOD ALWAYS.THANKS SO MUCH FOR UR SUPPORT.We are very glad to announce that our next *THREE NOVENAS* are

� 1⃣ *ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI*

� 2⃣ *ST. FAUSTINA KOWALSKA*

� 3⃣ *OUR LADY OF THE ROSARY*
___

1⃣ *ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI*

� *FACTS ABOUT ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI*:

♦ Saint Francis founded the order of the Franciscan Monks, the Poor Clares and the Order of Brothers and the Sisters of Penance.
♦ He tried to stop the Crusades single headedly.
♦ St. Francis of Assisi is credited with creating the first nativity scene in 1223 at Greccio, Italy.
♦ He had the stigmata.
♦ He called all creatures his “brothers” and “sisters,” and even preached to the birds.
♦ Saint Francis is considered the first Italian poet by literary critics.

♦ On 13th March 2013, upon his election as Pope, Cardinal Jorge Mario Bergoglio of Argentina chose Francis as his papal name in honour of Saint Francis of Assisi, becoming Pope Francis, the first ever to choose this name.

♦ The *FEAST DAY* of *ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI is OCTOBER 4*!

♦ We will start praying the *NOVENA* to *ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI* on *MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 25*.

__

2⃣ *ST. MARIA FAUSTINA KOWALSKA*

Her Feast Day is celebrated on *OCTOBER 5*!

� *THE MISSION OF SAINT FAUSTINA CONSISTS IN:*

� Reminding the world of the truth of our faith revealed in Holy Scripture about the merciful love of God towards every human being, even the greatest sinner;
� Conveying new forms of devotion to the Divine Mercy;
� Initiating a great movement of devotes and apostles of Divine Mercy who would lead people toward the renewal of Christian life in the spirit of this devotion;
� In other words, in the evangelical spirit of a childlike confidence in God and an active love of neighbour.

� The *FEAST DAY* of *ST. FAUSTINA* is *OCTOBER 5*.

� We will start praying the *NOVENA* to *ST. FAUSTINA* on *TUESDAY, SEPTEMBER 26*.

__

3⃣ *OUR LADY OF THE ROSARY*.

This Feast day is celebrated on *OCTOBER 7th*!

� The Blessed Virgin Mary promised to Saint Dominic and to all who follow that "Whatever you ask in the Rosary will be granted."

� The purpose of the Rosary is to help us meditate on the great mysteries of our salvation.

�The main focus is on Jesus – his birth, life, death and resurrection.

�The *Our Fathers* remind us that Jesus' Father is the initiator of salvation.

�The *Hail Marys* remind us to join with Mary in contemplating these mysteries. They also make us aware that Mary was and is intimately joined with her Son in all the mysteries of his earthly and heavenly existence.

�The *Glory Be...* remind us that the purpose of all life is the glory of the Trinity.

� The Rosary, though clearly Marian in character, is at heart a Christ-centered prayer. It has all the depth of the gospel message in its entirety.

�It is an echo of the prayer of Mary, her perennial Magnificat for the work of the redemptive Incarnation which began in her virginal womb....

�We will start *PRAYING* this *NOVENA* on *THURSDAY, SEPTEMBER 28th*

*WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO PRAYING WITH ME AND FOR YOU.* �

*God bless you! *
[5:31pm, 9/26/2017] Novena Team: NOVENA TO SAINT FAUSTINA

Day 1 pray for the gift to forgive others
�✝

O Jesus, who filled Blessed Faustina 

with profound veneration for Your boundless Mercy,

deign, if it be Your Holy will, 

to grant me, through her intercession, 

the grace for which I fervently pray... 

(Mention your intention here.)

My sins render me unworthy of Your Mercy, 

but be mindful of Sister Faustina’s spirit of sacrifice and self-denial,

and reward her virtue by granting the petition which, 

with childlike trust, I present to You through her intercession. 

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Glory Be...

Saint Faustina, 

pray for us.

�✝
[6:25pm, 9/26/2017] Novena Team: Tuesday✝

Almighty Father, in your loving providence every hair of our head is counted, every tear is noted, and every prayer heard. We thank you for your faithful goodness to us, and ask for a peaceful evening, and blessed rest. Through Christ our Lord. Amen.

✝�
[7:22pm, 9/26/2017] Novena Team: ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI NOVENA

Opening Prayer

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen.

Holy Saint Francis, through your kind intercession we seek holiness above all things. We seek the faith, hope and love that allowed you to joyfully renounce the pleasures of earthly life and to radically follow our Lord Jesus Christ.

Pray for us that we enjoy the privilege of suffering with and for the poor in the example of Jesus. Help us to be always grateful for the all blessings we have received and the strength to overcome our most pressing concerns, especially…

(Mention your intentions here, followed by the daily prayer)

Day One

St. Francis, as you left a comfortable life to lead a life of poverty and service to our Lord Jesus Christ, we ask you to pray that we also realize the folly of seeking to amass material gains and experience worldly pleasures. This day I humbly forego (_____) as an offering to God our Father, hoping this act signals a start of my conversion.
Concluding Prayer

St. Francis, help us in praying for the grace to truly repent for our sins and actively seek reconciliation with God. May the blessings we obtain through your intercession deepen our faith, and inspire us to store treasures in Heaven, where we hope to spend eternity with the Almighty Father.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and forever shall be, world without end. Amen

St. Francis of Assisi, Pray for us!

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen

[7:23pm, 9/26/2017] Novena Team: ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI NOVENA

Opening Prayer

Holy Saint Francis, through your kind intercession we seek holiness above all things. We seek the faith, hope and love that allowed you to joyfully renounce the pleasures of earthly life and to radically follow our Lord Jesus Christ.

Pray for us that we enjoy the privilege of suffering with and for the poor in the example of Jesus. Help us to be always grateful for the all blessings we have received and the strength to overcome our most pressing concerns, especially…

Daily Prayers for St. Francis Novena

Day 2

Holy St. Francis, when you decided to serve in the manner of our Lord Jesus Christ you entrusted your whole life to his Divine Providence. Emboldened by your example, I resolve to entrust the favorable resolution of my situation to God our Father, through your most kind intercession.

Concluding prayer

St. Francis, help us in praying for the grace to truly repent for our sins and actively seek reconciliation with God. May the blessings we obtain through your intercession deepen our faith, and inspire us to store treasures in Heaven, where we hope to spend eternity with the Almighty Father.

Glory be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and forever shall be, world without end. Amen

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit, Amen

[7:49pm, 9/26/2017] Novena Team: Franciscan Family Chaplet

Beginning:

Make the sign of the cross and recite “The Apostle’s Creed” on the San Damiano Cross.

Then recite the “Hail Mary” 3 times.

First Decade:

Begin by saying: “St. Francis of Assisi, through your intercession, I pray that the First Order increases in vocations and that its members continue to grow in holiness.”

Then recite the “Our Father.”

Now recite 10 times the following: “My God and my all!”

Second Decade:

Begin by saying: “St. Francis of Assisi, through your intercession, I pray that the Second Order increases in vocations and that its members continue to grow in holiness.”

Third Decade:

Begin by saying: “St. Francis of Assisi, through your intercession, I pray that the Third Order, both Regular and Secular, increases in vocations and that its members continue to grow in holiness.”

Conclusion:

End by reciting 1 time:

"We adore You, O Lord Jesus Christ, because by Your holy Cross, You have redeemed the world.”

Say the “Glory Be” 3 times for the intentions of the Pope and his continued holiness.

Make the sign of the cross
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 1:31am On Sep 27, 2017
May the lord see us through the end of this novena and answer our prayers, through Jesus our Lord. Amen
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 5:54pm On Sep 27, 2017
[4:14am, 9/27/2017] ‪+263 73 843 0699‬: ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI NOVENA

Opening Prayer

Day Three

Glorious St. Francis, you have acted as a peacemaker even in the face of extreme physical danger. Through your prayers, may we also be imbued with a desire to find peaceful resolutions to the problems that plague us, even in the most trying of times. As an offering to our Almighty Father, I resolve to forgive all the wrongs I have suffered from my fellow men.

Concluding Prayer

In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit Amen

[5:24am, 9/27/2017] ‪+263 73 843 0699‬: *Wednesday, September 27, 2017 >> St. Vincent de Paul*
Ezra 9:5-9
Tobit 13:2-4, 7-8
Luke 9:1-6

*DEALING WITH REJECTION*

*"And as for those who do not welcome you, when you leave that town, shake the dust from your feet in testimony against them.” Luke 9:5*

This is a bold statement from Jesus. It’s also a statement that should bolden us in the face of opposition.

Jesus had just finished telling His disciples to go from town to town preaching the Gospel. He instructed them not to bring extra food or clothing on the journey but, rather, to rely upon the generosity of those to whom they preach. And He acknowledged that some will not accept them. As for those who do in fact reject them and their message, they are to “shake the dust “ from their feet as they leave the town.

What does this mean? It especially tells us two things. First, when we are rejected it can hurt. As a result, it’s easy for us to sulk and stew over the rejection and hurt. It’s easy to sit and be angry and, as a result, to allow the rejection to do us even more damage.

Shaking the dust from our feet is a way of saying that we ought not allow the hurt we receive to affect us. It’s a way of making a clear statement that we will not be controlled by the opinions and malice of others. This is an important choice to make in life when facing rejection.

Secondly, it’s a way of saying that we must keep moving on. Not only do we have to get over any hurt we have, but we need to then move on to seek out those who will receive our love and our message of the Gospel. So, in a sense, this exhortation from Jesus is not first about dealing with the rejection of others; rather, it’s primarily about seeking out those who will receive us and will receive the message of the Gospel we are called to give.

Reflect, today, upon any hurt you still carry in your heart because of the rejection of others. Try to let go of it and know that God is calling you to seek out others in love so that you can share the love of Christ with them.

*Prayer*: Lord, when I experience rejection and hurt, help me to let go of any anger I have. Help me to continue with my mission of love and to keep sharing Your Gospel with those who will receive it. Jesus, I trust in You
[12:41pm, 9/27/2017] ‪+263 73 843 0699‬: NOVENA TO SAINT FAUSTINA

Day 2 pray to be Merciful to each other
�✝

Our Father...

Hail Mary...

Glory Be...

Saint Faustina, 

pray for us.

�✝
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 6:46am On Sep 28, 2017
[5:07am, 9/28/2017]: NOVENA TO SAINT FAUSTINA
Day 3 pray for the sick
�✝
Our Father...
Hail Mary...
Glory Be...
Saint Faustina,
pray for us.
�✝
[5:16am, 9/28/2017]: ST. FRANCIS OF ASSISI NOVENA
Opening Prayer

Day Four
Holy St. Francis, your concern for God’s creation has caused you to be named patron of ecology. May we, through your prayers, follow your footsteps in being good stewards of all of creation which God our Almighty Father has provided. May we also be faithful stewards of the skills and abilities we have been given.
Concluding Prayer
In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit Amen

1 Like

Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 10:48pm On Oct 06, 2017
*Dear PRAYER WARRIORS in Christ*��

�I GREET YOU ALL THROUGH CHRIST OUR LORD.Thanks so much for joining us in this Long Journey of praying through novenas.I can se the miracles in praying&having faith.We are very glad to announce the next *2 NOVENAS* which we will be PRAYING... �
_

1⃣ *THE FIRST NOVENA* is to *ST. TERESA OF AVILA*

� She was born before the Protestant Reformation and died almost 20 years after the closing of the Council of Trent.

� She was the originator of the Carmelite Reform, which restored and emphasized the austerity and contemplative character of primitive Carmelite life.

� Her writings on prayer and contemplation are drawn from her experience: powerful, practical, and graceful.

� She was a woman of prayer; a woman for God. Her writings, especially the Way of Perfection and The Interior Castle, have helped generations of believers.

� In 1970, the Church gave her the title: Doctor of the Church.

� The *FEAST DAY* of *ST. TERESA OF AVILA* is *OCTOBER 15*.

� We will begin praying the above novena � on *FRIDAY, OCTOBER 6*!
_

2⃣ *THE SECOND NOVENA* is to *ST. MARGARET MARY ALACOQUE*

♦ From early childhood, Margaret was described as showing intense love for the Blessed Sacrament, and as preferring silence and prayer to childhood play.

♦ After her First Communion at the age of nine, she practised in secret severe corporal mortification, until rheumatic fever confined her to bed for four years.

♦ At the end of this period, having made a vow to the Blessed Virgin to consecrate herself to religious life, she was instantly restored to perfect health.

♦ From the time she was twenty, she experienced visions of Christ, and on December 27, 1673, she began a series of revelations that were to continue over the next year and a half.

♦ Christ informed her that she was His chosen instrument to spread devotion to His Sacred Heart, the Nine Fridays and the Holy Hour, and asked that the feast of the Sacred Heart be established.

♦ The *FEAST DAY* of *ST. MARGARET MARY ALACOQUE* is *OCTOBER 16*.

♦ We will begin praying the above novena � on *SATURDAY, OCTOBER 7*!

_�*PRAYING UNCEASINGLY IS THE KEY OF ALL IN GOD'S FAITH.GOD ANSWERS OUR INTENTIONS ANYTIME WITHOUT NOTICE.HAVE FAITH ALWAYS*

_WE ARE LOOKING FORWARD TO PRAYING WITH ME AND FOR YOU._ �

*God bless you all!*
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 10:50pm On Oct 06, 2017
*NOVENA TO ST. TERESA OF AVILA*

*DAY 1 – OCTOBER 6*

_*Pray for us, that we may have the gift of prayer.*_

*PRAYER*

O most loving Heavenly Father! We thank you for the great gift you gave us through your beloved St. Teresa of Avila, virgin and doctor of the Church. Her life was a great example of prayer, sacrifice and faith in You. We humbly pray for her most holy intercession…

_(mention your intentions)_

_St. Teresa, we know that you are a powerful intercessor because of your close relationship to the Holy Mother and Jesus through prayer. Open wide the doors to the interior castle of our hearts and souls so that we may know how to pray!_

*CLOSING PRAYER*

St. Teresa of Avila, you are an example of prayerful holiness that we will try to follow. You are in heaven praising God. With your seat of honor, please beg God to bring me to bring me to eternal rest with you.

_Our Father, Hail Mary, Glory be..._

_*Saint Teresa of Avila, pray for us! Amen.*_
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by bloodofthelamb(m): 7:08am On Oct 07, 2017
MICHEAL'S REPLY: I AM NOT YOUR INTERCESSOR, MY LORD AND YOUR LORD CHRIST JESUS IS...STOP ASKING ME TO DO THIS OR THAT, ASK CHRIST JESUS YOUR GOD WHO DIED FOR YOU...I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND, MY FRIEND.SHALOM!
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 2:07pm On Oct 08, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
MICHEAL'S REPLY: I AM NOT YOUR INTERCESSOR, MY LORD AND YOUR LORD CHRIST JESUS IS...STOP ASKING ME TO DO THIS OR THAT, ASK CHRIST JESUS YOUR GOD WHO DIED FOR YOU...I HOPE YOU UNDERSTAND, MY FRIEND.SHALOM!
No I do not understand u
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 2:09pm On Oct 08, 2017
_*NOVENA PRAYERS TO*_

1⃣ *ST. TERESA OF AVILA*

2⃣ *ST. MARGARET MARY ALACOQUE*

_

1⃣ *NOVENA TO ST. TERESA OF AVILA*

*DAY 2 – OCTOBER 7*

_*Pray for us, that we may have greater trust in God.*_

*PRAYER*

O most loving Heavenly Father! We thank you for the great gift you gave us through your beloved St. Teresa of Avila, virgin and doctor of the Church. Her life was a great example of prayer, sacrifice and faith in You. We humbly pray for her most holy intercession…

_St. Teresa, we know that you are a powerful intercessor because of your close relationship to the Holy Mother and Jesus through prayer. Open wide the doors to the interior castle of our hearts and souls so that we may know how to pray!_

*CLOSING PRAYER*

St. Teresa of Avila, you are an example of prayerful holiness that we will try to follow. You are in heaven praising God. With your seat of honor, please beg God to bring me to eternal rest with you.

--

2⃣ *NOVENA TO ST. MARGARET MARY ALACOQUE*

*DAY 1 – OCTOBER 7*

*REFLECTION*

_Go courageously to God, along the way He has traced out for you, steadfastly embracing the means He offers you._

--- _St. Margaret Mary Alacoque_

*PRAYER*

Saint Margaret Mary, thou who wast made a partaker of the divine treasures of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, obtain for us, we beseech thee, from this adorable Heart, the graces we need so sorely.

_(mention your intentions here....)_

_We ask these favors of thee with unbounded confidence. May the divine Heart of Jesus be pleased to bestow them upon us through thy intercession, so that once again He may be loved and glorified through thee. *Amen.*_

_*Pray for us, O St. Margaret Mary*_
_*That we may be made worthy of the promises of Christ.*_
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 2:14pm On Oct 08, 2017
_*NOVENA PRAYERS TO*_

1⃣ *ST. TERESA OF AVILA*

_

*DAY 3 – OCTOBER 8*

_*Pray for us, that we may see God’s plan in our lives.*_

*PRAYER*

*CLOSING PRAYER*

St. Teresa of Avila, you are an example of prayerful holiness that we will try to follow. You are in heaven praising God. With your seat of honor, please beg God to bring me to eternal rest with you.

--

*DAY 2 – OCTOBER 8*

*REFLECTION*

_Cling to God, and leave all the rest to Him: He will not let you perish. Your soul is very dear to Him, He wishes to save it._

*PRAYER*

Saint Margaret Mary, thou who wast made a partaker of the divine treasures of the Sacred Heart of Jesus, obtain for us, we beseech thee, from this adorable Heart, the graces we need so sorely.

_We ask these favors of thee with unbounded confidence. May the divine Heart of Jesus be pleased to bestow them upon us through thy intercession, so that once again He may be loved and glorified through thee. *Amen.*_

Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:23pm On Oct 08, 2017
Mickey02:

No I do not understand u
BRO, OUR ONLY INTERCESSOR IS CHRIST JESUS...THOSE ANGELS AND PEOPLE CANNOT HELP YOU.
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 2:30pm On Oct 08, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
BRO, OUR ONLY INTERCESSOR IS CHRIST JESUS...THOSE ANGELS AND PEOPLE CANNOT HELP YOU.
Thanks for your opinion. My faith taught me otherwise and that's my believe.
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by bloodofthelamb(m): 2:49pm On Oct 08, 2017
Mickey02:

Thanks for your opinion. My faith taught me otherwise and that's my believe.
OK SIR, BUT I HOPE YOU WILL COME TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH SOMEDAY...SHALOM!
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Didov1(f): 10:10am On Oct 09, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
...you should have ignored the whole thing since you are nt with them,atleast you arent the first non-catholic to have viewed this thread,bt others viewed and ignored the thread cox the op never forced anyone to read and say the prayers with him.....NOTE:learn to respect and tolerate other peoples faith and belief..#shalom

1 Like

Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by bloodofthelamb(m): 10:32am On Oct 09, 2017
Didov1:
...you should have ignored the whole thing since you are nt with them,atleast you arent the first non-catholic to have viewed this thread,bt others viewed and ignored the thread cox the op never forced anyone to read and say the prayers with him.....NOTE:learn to respect and tolerate other peoples faith and belief..#shalom
CHRIST JESUS OUR LORD NEVER TOLERATED THE BELIEVE OF THE PHARISEES, BUT HE RATHER CORRECTED AND REBUKED THEM IN LOVE.
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Didov1(f): 11:44am On Oct 09, 2017
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by blackbriar: 11:46am On Oct 09, 2017
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 3:42pm On Oct 09, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
OK SIR, BUT I HOPE YOU WILL COME TO THE KNOWLEDGE OF THE TRUTH SOMEDAY...SHALOM!
Thanks for your concern
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 3:59pm On Oct 09, 2017
@ Didov1 & Bloodofthelamb
Thanks for your comments and replies. Lets me start by reminding you all that this thread is not a religion batttleground nor is it an argumentative ground. I created this thread basically for following and praying Novena which I've took time to explain above. Its a free world, if one wish to follow. Then do and if not, then ignored.
I do not want the purpose of this thread to be defeated and not achieve its aim- prayers
So I hope you will respect my decision.
THANKS AND MAY THE PEACE OF GOD BE WITH YOU
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by bloodofthelamb(m): 4:12pm On Oct 09, 2017
Mickey02:
@ Didov1 & Bloodofthelamb
Thanks for your comments and replies. Lets me start by reminding you all that this thread is not a religion batttleground nor is it an argumentative ground. I created this thread basically for following and praying Novena which I've took time to explain above. Its a free world, if one wish to follow. Then do and if not, then ignored.
I do not want the purpose of this thread to be defeated and not achieve its aim- prayers
So I hope you will respect my decision.
THANKS AND MAY THE PEACE OF GOD BE WITH YOU
OK SIR, I BOW OUT IN PEACE...SHALOM!
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Didov1(f): 4:46pm On Oct 09, 2017
ok mickey02,i'm soo sorry for derailing your thread,jst deleted one of my post,,hope i'm forgiven
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by okpurukata(f): 5:25pm On Oct 09, 2017
Thank you Mikey for this lovely thread. Please is there any Novena for the October devotion currently going on? Please share.
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 9:48pm On Oct 09, 2017
okpurukata:
Thank you Mikey for this lovely thread. Please is there any Novena for the October devotion currently going on? Please share.
You're welcome
The Novena to St Teresa of Avila and St. Margaret Mary Alacoque is ongoing. The 1st and 2nd day prayer had been posted, scroll up to see it and pray!
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 3:37pm On Oct 11, 2017
_*NOVENA PRAYERS TO*_

1⃣ *ST. TERESA OF AVILA*

_

*DAY 6 – OCTOBER 11*

_*Pray for us, that we may be able to pray during times of grief.*_

*PRAYER*

*CLOSING PRAYER*

--

*DAY 5 – OCTOBER 11*

*REFLECTION*

_I think He intends to try you like gold in the crucible, so as to number you amongst His most faithful servants. Therefore you must lovingly embrace all occasions of suffering, considering them as precious tokens of His love. To suffer in silence and without complaint is what He asks of you._

*PRAYER*

Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 12:42pm On Oct 12, 2017
_*NOVENA PRAYERS TO*_

1⃣ *ST. TERESA OF AVILA*

_

*DAY 7 – OCTOBER 12*

_*Pray for us, that we may have a more consistent relationship with God through prayer.*_

*PRAYER*

*CLOSING PRAYER*

--

*DAY 6 – OCTOBER 12*

*REFLECTION*

_We must submit to the Will of God and kiss the hand that strikes us, for we know it is better to suffer in this life than in the next, since one moment of suffering willingly accepted for the love God, is worth an eternity of happiness._

*PRAYER*

Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by olopher: 12:16pm On Jan 12, 2020
NOVENA TO ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL AND IN HONOUR OF THE NINE ANGELIC CHOIRS
http://maryourhelp.org/St-michael-the-arch-angel-novena.html

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, Amen. Come Holy Ghost, fill the hearts of the faithful, and in kindle in them the fire of thy love.
V. Send forth thy spirit, and they shall be created.
R. And thou shall renew the face of the earth.

LET US PRAY
Oh God, who by the light of the Holy Ghost, didst instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that in the same spirit we may be truly wise, and ever rejoice in His consolation, through Christ our lord. Amen. 
V. Thou, o lord will open my lips.
R. And my tongue shall announce Thy praise.
V. Incline unto my aid, o God.
R. Oh lord, make haste to help me.
V. Glory be to the father, etc.
R. As it was in the beginning, etc.

EXAMINATION OF CONSCIENCE 
PSALM 51
Have mercy on me, oh lord for i have sinned. In your compassion blot out my offence. O wash me more and more from my guilt and cleanse me from my sins, my offences truly I know them, my sin is always before me, against you, you alone, have I sinned, what is evil in your sight I have done; that you may be justified when you give sentence and be without reproach when you judge, oh see, in guilt I was born, a sinner was I conceived indeed you love truth in the heart, then in the secret of my heart teach me wisdom, oh purify me, then I shall be clean, wash me, i shall be whiter than snow, make me hear rejoicing and gladness, that the bones you have crush my trill. From my sins turn away your face, and bloth out all my guilt. A pure heart create for me, oh God, put a steadfast spirit within me, do not cast me away from your presence, nor deprive me of your holy spirit, give me again the joy of your help, with a spirit of favour sustain me, that I may teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will return to you. Oh rescue me, God, my helper, and my tongue ring out your goodness. O lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise. For a sacrifice to take no delight, burnt offering from me you would refuse, my sacrifice, a contrite spirit. A humbled, contrite heart you will not spurn. In your goodness, show favour to zion, Rebuild the wall of jerusalem, then you will be pleased with lawful sacrifice (burnt offering wholly consumed) then you will be offered young bull on your altar. Glory to the father, to the son, and to the holy spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

CHAPLET OF ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL (OFFICE OF THE NINE ANGELIC CHOIRS)

THE FIRST SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE SERAPHIM
In the name of Jesus and Mary, I salute you St. Michael, glorious Prince of the choir of Seraphim, and all the angels of this burning choir of love. I thank you, Oh holy angels, for your most ardent love of God and Mary, the queen of this choir.
Inflame me and all men with your purest Angelic love, that with you we may love God here on earth and one day for all eternity in heaven.
One Our Father, Three Hail Marys, One Glory be, etc.

THE SECOND SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE CHERUBIM
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute you St. Michael, glorious prince of the choir of the cherubim and all the angels of this choir. I thank you for your great zeal for the glory of God. As one day, you fought against lucifer and his host to defend the honour of the incarnate word and His blessed mother, so now defend us, your little helpless brethren, against the same powerful enemy that our hearts will always be pure and undefiled, real tabernacle of Christ, santuary of the Holy Ghost, temple of the most adorable Trinity.

THE THIRD SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE THRONES
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. michael, glorious prince of the choir of the thrones and all the angels of this choir. O heavenly spirits whom God has appointed to preside over nations, kingdoms, dioceses and religious communities, guide and rule over us inspire and direct the heart of men so that many saints may arise in every nation and ever religious community.
In particular, i greet and salute the angel who, by the will of God, preside over our community. Pray, bless and intercede for us. We promise the obedience and reverence.

THE FOURTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE DOMINATIONS
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of the choir of dominations, and all the angels of this choir. By the will of the most high, you assist confessors, preachers, superior of religious institutions, teachers, and all who spread the kingdom of God. We humbly pray and beseech you, convert the heretics and infidels, bring back to the faith the fallen away catholics, illuminate the mind of men and inflamed their hearts that soon maybe but on fold and one shepherd.

THE FIFTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE PRINCIPALITIES
In the name of Jesus and Mary, I salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of this most exalted choir of the principalities, and all the angels of this choir. To your loving care God has committed each parish. You watch over every tabernacle and offer your sanctus in reparation for the scandals, the coldness and indifference of the hearts of men. You pray for the dying and that the little ones may receive the sacrament of baptism. I unite my prayers to yours, especially with the angels of this parish.

THE SIXTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE POWERS
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of the power of powers, and all the angels of this most exalted choir. Protect us against the powers of darkness, especially against temptations of pride, anger, and impatience, that with your assistance we may constantly advance on the road of perfection.

THE SEVENTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE VIRTUES
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of the choir of virtues, and all the angels of this heavenly choir. You assist pious souls in the most important task of their purification. Assist us, o holy angels, assist us oh holy angels, that we will not only have the will, but adopt the means, that we may never dread the sacrifice but with your help and assistance we acquire one virtue after another so that the splendour of God's own sanctity may be reflected in us.

THE EIGHTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE ARCHANGELS
In the name of Jesus and Mary, I salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of the most exalted choir of the Archangels, and all the angels of this Choir. Glory and thanksgiving be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost for creating you and for assuming from your midst the seven Archangels who stand before the throne of God. we most humbly pray and beseech the Holy Archangels to teach us and those dear to us the science and wisdom of saints.

THE NINETH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE ANGELS
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. Michael glorious prince of the most exalted choir of the Angels and all the Angels of this choir. Paused in awe and astonishment, God has appointed one of the princes of this heavenly host to be the custodian of every man one of them is appointed to watch over me, to guide, to even served me. My faithful friend, my deares brother in the Holy Angel. I greet you a thousand times in the name of Jesus and Mary, i thank God that He made thee so beautiful and so powerful.
Then say the Our Father, four times, in conclusion: the first to St. Michael, the second to St Gabriel, the third to St. Raphael, the fourth to our guardian angel

ANTHEM
Oh glorious prince St. Michael, chief and commander of the heavenly host, guardian of souls, vanquisher of rebel spirit, servant in the house of the divine king and our admirable conductor, who does shine with excellence and superhuman virtue, vouchsafe to deliver us from all evil, who turn to thee with confidence, and enable us by thy gracious protection to serve God more and more faithfully everyday.
V. pray for us, oh glorious St. Michael, prince of the church of Jesus Christ.
R. That we may be made worthy of His promises.

LET US PRAY
Almighty and everlasting God, who by a prodigy of goodness and a merciful desire for the salvation of all men, has appointed the most gracious archangel, St. Michael, prince of thy church, make us worthy will beseech thee, to be delivered by his power protection at the hour of death, and may we be conducted by him into the August presence of thy divine majesty. This we beg through the merit of Jesus Christ our lord. Amen
Re: Request And Follow Up The Catholic Novena Prayers by Mickey02(m): 11:10pm On Jan 12, 2020
olopher:
NOVENA TO ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL AND IN HONOUR OF THE NINE ANGELIC CHOIRS

In the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Ghost, Amen. Come Holy Ghost, fill the hearts of the faithful, and in kindle in them the fire of thy love.
V. Send forth thy spirit, and they shall be created.
R. And thou shall renew the face of the earth.

LET US PRAY
Oh God, who by the light of the Holy Ghost, didst instruct the hearts of the faithful, grant that in the same spirit we may be truly wise, and ever rejoice in His consolation, through Christ our lord. Amen. 
V. Thou, o lord will open my lips.
R. And my tongue shall announce Thy praise.
V. Incline unto my aid, o God.
R. Oh lord, make haste to help me.
V. Glory be to the father, etc.
R. As it was in the beginning, etc.

EXAMINATION OF CONSCIENCE 
PSALM 51
Have mercy on me, oh lord for i have sinned. In your compassion blot out my offence. O wash me more and more from my guilt and cleanse me from my sins, my offences truly I know them, my sin is always before me, against you, you alone, have I sinned, what is evil in your sight I have done; that you may be justified when you give sentence and be without reproach when you judge, oh see, in guilt I was born, a sinner was I conceived indeed you love truth in the heart, then in the secret of my heart teach me wisdom, oh purify me, then I shall be clean, wash me, i shall be whiter than snow, make me hear rejoicing and gladness, that the bones you have crush my trill. From my sins turn away your face, and bloth out all my guilt. A pure heart create for me, oh God, put a steadfast spirit within me, do not cast me away from your presence, nor deprive me of your holy spirit, give me again the joy of your help, with a spirit of favour sustain me, that I may teach transgressors your ways, and sinners will return to you. Oh rescue me, God, my helper, and my tongue ring out your goodness. O lord, open my lips, and my mouth shall declare your praise. For a sacrifice to take no delight, burnt offering from me you would refuse, my sacrifice, a contrite spirit. A humbled, contrite heart you will not spurn. In your goodness, show favour to zion, Rebuild the wall of jerusalem, then you will be pleased with lawful sacrifice (burnt offering wholly consumed) then you will be offered young bull on your altar. Glory to the father, to the son, and to the holy spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now and ever shall be, world without end. Amen

CHAPLET OF ST. MICHAEL THE ARCHANGEL (OFFICE OF THE NINE ANGELIC CHOIRS)

THE FIRST SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE SERAPHIM
In the name of Jesus and Mary, I salute you St. Michael, glorious Prince of the choir of Seraphim, and all the angels of this burning choir of love. I thank you, Oh holy angels, for your most ardent love of God and Mary, the queen of this choir.
Inflame me and all men with your purest Angelic love, that with you we may love God here on earth and one day for all eternity in heaven.

THE SECOND SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE CHERUBIM
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute you St. Michael, glorious prince of the choir of the cherubim and all the angels of this choir. I thank you for your great zeal for the glory of God. As one day, you fought against lucifer and his host to defend the honour of the incarnate word and His blessed mother, so now defend us, your little helpless brethren, against the same powerful enemy that our hearts will always be pure and undefiled, real tabernacle of Christ, santuary of the Holy Ghost, temple of the most adorable Trinity.

THE THIRD SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE THRONES
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. michael, glorious prince of the choir of the thrones and all the angels of this choir. O heavenly spirits whom God has appointed to preside over nations, kingdoms, dioceses and religious communities, guide and rule over us inspire and direct the heart of men so that many saints may arise in every nation and ever religious community.
In particular, i greet and salute the angel who, by the will of God, preside over our community. Pray, bless and intercede for us. We promise the obedience and reverence.

THE FOURTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE DOMINATIONS
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of the choir of dominations, and all the angels of this choir. By the will of the most high, you assist confessors, preachers, superior of religious institutions, teachers, and all who spread the kingdom of God. We humbly pray and beseech you, convert the heretics and infidels, bring back to the faith the fallen away catholics, illuminate the mind of men and inflamed their hearts that soon maybe but on fold and one shepherd.

THE FIFTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE PRINCIPALITIES
In the name of Jesus and Mary, I salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of this most exalted choir of the principalities, and all the angels of this choir. To your loving care God has committed each parish. You watch over every tabernacle and offer your sanctus in reparation for the scandals, the coldness and indifference of the hearts of men. You pray for the dying and that the little ones may receive the sacrament of baptism. I unite my prayers to yours, especially with the angels of this parish.

THE SIXTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE POWERS
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of the power of powers, and all the angels of this most exalted choir. Protect us against the powers of darkness, especially against temptations of pride, anger, and impatience, that with your assistance we may constantly advance on the road of perfection.

THE SEVENTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE VIRTUES
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of the choir of virtues, and all the angels of this heavenly choir. You assist pious souls in the most important task of their purification. Assist us, o holy angels, assist us oh holy angels, that we will not only have the will, but adopt the means, that we may never dread the sacrifice but with your help and assistance we acquire one virtue after another so that the splendour of God's own sanctity may be reflected in us.

THE EIGHTH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE ARCHANGELS
In the name of Jesus and Mary, I salute thee St. Michael, glorious prince of the most exalted choir of the Archangels, and all the angels of this Choir. Glory and thanksgiving be to the Father and to the Son and to the Holy Ghost for creating you and for assuming from your midst the seven Archangels who stand before the throne of God. we most humbly pray and beseech the Holy Archangels to teach us and those dear to us the science and wisdom of saints.

THE NINETH SALUTATION IN HONOUR OF THE ANGELS
In the name of Jesus and Mary, i salute thee St. Michael glorious prince of the most exalted choir of the Angels and all the Angels of this choir. Paused in awe and astonishment, God has appointed one of the princes of this heavenly host to be the custodian of every man one of them is appointed to watch over me, to guide, to even served me. My faithful friend, my deares brother in the Holy Angel. I greet you a thousand times in the name of Jesus and Mary, i thank God that He made thee so beautiful and so powerful.
Then say the Our Father, four times, in conclusion: the first to St. Michael, the second to St Gabriel, the third to St. Raphael, the fourth to our guardian angel

ANTHEM
Oh glorious prince St. Michael, chief and commander of the heavenly host, guardian of souls, vanquisher of rebel spirit, servant in the house of the divine king and our admirable conductor, who does shine with excellence and superhuman virtue, vouchsafe to deliver us from all evil, who turn to thee with confidence, and enable us by thy gracious protection to serve God more and more faithfully everyday.
V. pray for us, oh glorious St. Michael, prince of the church of Jesus Christ.
R. That we may be made worthy of His promises.

LET US PRAY
Almighty and everlasting God, who by a prodigy of goodness and a merciful desire for the salvation of all men, has appointed the most gracious archangel, St. Michael, prince of thy church, make us worthy will beseech thee, to be delivered by his power protection at the hour of death, and may we be conducted by him into the August presence of thy divine majesty. This we beg through the merit of Jesus Christ our lord. Amen

Amen

(1) (Reply)

75 Biblical Truth About Alcohol / Breaking: Warri Pastor Kills Coronavirus For Making The Church Empty / Foods In Goodness,passion,and Ignorance

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 180
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.