Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,662 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:10 PM

Court Sentences Christian To Death For ‘insulting Islam’ On Whatsapp - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Court Sentences Christian To Death For ‘insulting Islam’ On Whatsapp (408 Views)

FFK Blasts Rev Chris Okotie For 'insulting' Late Prophet T.B Joshua / David Ibiyeomie: Daddy Freeze Is A Bastard For Insulting Oyedepo, My Father / Is It A Sin For A Christian To Fight Back As A Self Defense? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Court Sentences Christian To Death For ‘insulting Islam’ On Whatsapp by Menh: 9:22am On Sep 20, 2017
A Pakistani Christian man Nadeem James has been sentenced to death in the eastern Punjab province of Pakistan after he was found guilty of insulting Islam’s Prophet.

Fox News quoted the defense lawyer Riaz Anjum as saying that the judge announced the verdict on Saturday a day earlier in the city of Gujrat.

Anjum said the 35-year-old James, was arrested last year after he sent a poem to his Muslim friend on WhatsApp.

Under Pakistan’s blasphemy laws, anyone accused of insulting Islam can be sentenced to death.

Domestic and international human rights groups say these laws are often misused to settle personal scores and target minorities.

In 2015, Muslims beat to death a Christian couple and burned their bodies in a brick kiln for allegedly desecrating the Quran.

https://www.thetrentonline.com/court-sentences-christian-death-insulting-islam-whatsapp/?utm_source=&utm_medium=twitter
Re: Court Sentences Christian To Death For ‘insulting Islam’ On Whatsapp by mikejj(m): 9:24am On Sep 20, 2017
we are nothing but pencil in hand of the creator
Re: Court Sentences Christian To Death For ‘insulting Islam’ On Whatsapp by oloriooko(m): 9:31am On Sep 20, 2017
Amazing shocked
Under my roof under my rules, the guy must have known about the barbaric law so flouting it is his fault
Can't believe such laws exist shocked
Re: Court Sentences Christian To Death For ‘insulting Islam’ On Whatsapp by OrdercityWeb: 9:38am On Sep 20, 2017
How sad?

I have no problem with their law. But my question is who defines what "insult" means?

I know it's the same law right, the same law created by the same people. So it goes they can frame anything as an "insult".
Well so much for "PEACE" eh?
Re: Court Sentences Christian To Death For ‘insulting Islam’ On Whatsapp by hopefulLandlord: 9:39am On Sep 20, 2017
Abrahamic religions are bullsheet

(1) (Reply)

"Former Youth Pastor Sentenced For Raping Girl In Van!!! / False Converts / What Does It Mean That God Is Infinite?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.