Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,620 members, 7,809,288 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:18 AM

Jose Mourinho: ‘I Will Take EFL Cup Clash With Burton Albion Seriously’ - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Jose Mourinho: ‘I Will Take EFL Cup Clash With Burton Albion Seriously’ (425 Views)

Mourinho: I Won Three Trophies At Man United Yet That Was Seen As A Disaster / Iheanacho's Goal Against Burton Albion Nominated For Goal Of The Month / Argentina Players 'will Decide Team' For World Cup Clash With Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Jose Mourinho: ‘I Will Take EFL Cup Clash With Burton Albion Seriously’ by samsonslide: 10:22am On Sep 20, 2017
Manchester United manager Jose Mourinho has pledged to take his side’s EFL Cup match against Burton Albion seriously.

The Portuguese coach has revealed that only four first-team players will be rested ahead of Wednesday’s third-round tie with the Championship outfit – David de Gea, Antonio Valencia, Nemanja Matic and Eric Bailly.

Pressed on whether he is taking the game seriously, Mourinho told the official Red Devils site: “Oh yes, serious because it’s football you know, it’s football, it’s competition, we take it seriously. Of course, I’m not playing De Gea or Bailly but if we go to the next round probably these guys play and I give rest to others.

“Our squad is good but we don’t have 30 players. We have what we have and a couple of injuries so we need some of the players that played [against Everton] to play and we need some to be on the bench because we need a strong team.

“I know the quality of the Championship and I know if we don’t take the game seriously we are going to lose.”

Mourinho is the joint-record holder in the EFL Cup’s history, on four trophies alongside Sir Alex Ferguson and Brian Clough, father of Burton manager Nigel Clough.
Read More Interesting Sport News:https://www.sportlineng.com/more-news/

Re: Jose Mourinho: ‘I Will Take EFL Cup Clash With Burton Albion Seriously’ by greatmarshall(m): 10:24am On Sep 20, 2017
Correct man
Re: Jose Mourinho: ‘I Will Take EFL Cup Clash With Burton Albion Seriously’ by Homeboiy: 10:29am On Sep 20, 2017
nice

(1) (Reply)

Highlight BATE Borisov Vs Arsenal 2:4 / NIGERIA VS Zambia:free Internet Services For Super Eagle Fans Inside The Stadium / Between Neymar And Cavani And A Merciless Twitter

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.