Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,515 members, 7,819,857 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 03:45 AM

What Is Your Favorite Ios 11 Feature? - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What Is Your Favorite Ios 11 Feature? (454 Views)

Which Is Your Favorite Meme So Far In Year 2020 / How To Vote Your Favorite Housemate On The Ongoing 2018 Bbnaija Show / How To Recover Lost Data From Iphone After Ios 11 Update (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

What Is Your Favorite Ios 11 Feature? by najib41: 2:32pm On Sep 20, 2017
Yesterday, Apple rolled out the long awaited iOS update (iOS 11) a successor to last year’ Firmware with tons of new features and upgrades from the previous version, both for the iPhone, iPod, and iPad. Though some aged idevices are cut out from receiving the update reason because the new iOS 11 have no support for 34-bit devices. The iPhone 5 and 5c suffers this the most.
Now back to the matter, the update was released OTA yesterday with many countries having their’s in the early hours, while in Nigeria, it rolled out at 6pm just as usual. I managed to update last night and successfully I had it installed without any hiccups like last year wen I had my phone bricked in the process of installing iOS 10. Despite the update is the largest Apple has ever released yet in terms of size, it costs 1.85 - 2 gb, it worths every byte. After installation, I noticed many changes ranging from the UI the design and more, and tested many of the new features like:
• the customizable control center; where u can add and drop things, unlike the previous iOS versions, u can add new items like battery saver, the new do not disturb while driving, the new onscreen video record, to Apple TV etc. you can now also on/off ur mobile data from the control center, open hotspot etc. The most amazing is the flashlight widget to which u can increase and decrease the intensity of the light like you’re holding a torchlight. A redesigned calculator and the newly designed calculator app can b accessed from their.

•then the new designed dialpad, right from opening your device’s password, dialing a number. The new design is breathtaking.

•Emergency mode; by pressing the lock/power button 5 times, you can put the device in an emergency mode. By so doing u can access medical id (in case of emergency) and call SOS. Once in emergency mode, u can’t use fingerprint id to unlock the device till u typed your password.
• Screen recording: this feature is immersive now you can record all the activities you’re doing on your iOS device without the use of third party apps. And then find it in your photos app, as automatically saved video.
Like this morning, I was using Snapchat and recorded everything as a video. It’s fun esp. wen chatting in group with friends or playing games.
• Camera; the Apple camera is a game changer we all know that. Hardly you come across a device with better camera than an Apple device. With this new update, Apple upgraded the camera app, with automatically scanning QR codes, advanced portrait mode stability, new filters referred to as the true tone filters, that gives a person more color like that of a skin undetected like most current filters that are easily identifiable. The filters are changed, with a total of 9 redefined photo filters.

•Also, on the home screen, there are a lot of new changes to the icons, the clock, contacts, App Store, maps, iTunes Store etc.

•Most importantly, your iPhone will speed up, especially wen toggling betweeen apps and unlocking. The iPhone looks more and feels smarter. Siri also speaks in a more human voice, unlike the freaking robotic voice in the past. In addition, you type to Siri, command it to be your “personal Dj” suggesting new music from Apple Music based on your taste. etc.

•Safari also now have a new design.

I haven’t finish exploring all the new features as of yet, this are just a few. You can drop yours too.

(1) (Reply)

Check In HERE =>> Property For Sale In Lagos, Nigeria!! / 3 Life Regrets Many Young People Today May End Up Having / Dancing Galore! Npower Finally Fix A Date

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.