Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,241 members, 7,818,825 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

Pregnant Doctor Goes Into Labor While Delivering Patient's Baby - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Pregnant Doctor Goes Into Labor While Delivering Patient's Baby (574 Views)

Nigerian Man Goes Into Shock After Losing A Virtual Bet (Photo, Video) / Coronavirus: Beijing Shuts Food Market And Goes Into 'wartime Emergency Mode' / Coronavirus: Obaseki Goes Into Self-isolation, Sends In Samples For Testing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Pregnant Doctor Goes Into Labor While Delivering Patient's Baby by chazdhe: 6:14pm On Sep 20, 2017
A 28 year old pregnant doctor has welcomed her first child after she unexpectedly went into early labor while delivering another woman's child.

The 28-year-old OB-GYN resident at University of Iowa Hospitals and Clinics, Emily Jacobs, welcomed her baby boy, Jett Jacobs, on July 28, hours after delivering her patient's baby..

Jacobs told ABC News;

"I noticed what I thought was amniotic fluid of the patient as the baby was delivering,"

"It wasn't until I left the room when I realized that it was my water that had broken."

"I was freaking out a little bit because we were still seeing patients and [my supervisor] just kind of smiled and told me to go back in one of the triage rooms and wait for her to confirm that it was my water."
Jacobs’ colleague, Keely Ulmer, MD, was “shocked” to learn her fellow doctor had gone into labor a month early.

Ulmer, 28, who helped deliver Jacobs' child said;

"I happened to be on Labor and Delivery, so it was a pretty special experience to share with a special classmate,"

"She did a wonderful job and her husband was very supportive. I am grateful to be part of the experience."

The first-time mom, Jacobs believes her unique birth story has made her a better doctor who is "more understanding" of her expectant patients, she said.

"It's definitely made me more empathetic and more aware of what it's like going through some pregnancy complications," she added.

"People will come in [who are] in preterm labor often ... very worried about the health of their baby and health of themselves.

Until [I went] through it, I can definitely appreciate just how worried and nervous you get."

Now at 7 weeks old, baby Jett is home, happy and doing well," Jacobs said.

See more at >> https://www.celebsnest.com.ng/pregnant-doctor-goes-labor-delivering-patients-baby/

cc lalasticlala cc mynd44

Source ABC News

(1) (Reply)

What Is The Effect Of Gas In Carbonated Soft Drinks / The Link Between Depression And Anxiety / I Need Of Dental Health Technician Job In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.