Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,146 members, 7,953,533 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:14 PM

I Am A ... - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / I Am A ... (1135 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Am A ... by BetterChurch: 7:19pm On Sep 20, 2017
I am a follower of ECKANKAR and a chela(spiritual student) of Sri Harold Klemp, the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master. And I believe in
The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad (which means "Way of The Eternal" ). It is the holy book of those who follow the path of ECKANKAR and there shall be none above it.

Re: I Am A ... by vaxx: 7:26pm On Sep 20, 2017
can you tell me more about your believe and how is difference from Christianity
Re: I Am A ... by BetterChurch: 8:24pm On Sep 20, 2017
What is ECKANKAR?

Making God an Everyday Reality
Soul's whole purpose for being in this world is to find divine love.
~Harold Klemp
The Secret of Love, Mahanta Transcripts, Book 14

https://www.eckankar.org/whatis.html
Re: I Am A ... by BetterChurch: 12:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
vaxx:
can you tell me more about your believe and how is difference from Christianity

Basic Beliefs of Eckankar

Harold Klemp, the spiritual leader of Eckankar, describes the basic beliefs of Eckankar as follows:

The teachings of ECK define the nature of Soul more carefully than do other current religions. Each person is Soul, a particle of God sent into the lower worlds (including earth) to gain spiritual experience. Purified by the spiritual exercises, he comes into contact with the Holy Spirit. His goal is spiritual freedom in this lifetime, after which he becomes a Co-worker with God, both here and in the next world. Karma and reincarnation are primary beliefs.

Key to the ECK teachings is the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master. He has the special ability to act as both Inner and Outer Master for ECK students. He is the prophet of Eckankar, given respect but not worship. He teaches the sacred name of God, HU, which lifts one spiritually into the Light and Sound of God, the ECK.

The ECK (the Holy Spirit) purifies one of karma (sin), making it possible for him to accept the full love of God in this lifetime. Then he gains wisdom, charity, and freedom.

Personal experience with the Light and Sound of God is the cornerstone of Eckankar. Of all the religions on earth today, Eckankar offers the most direct teachings on the Light and Sound of God. These twin pillars are missing in whole or in part from the rest. People who truly find these two aspects of God undergo a complete spiritual change. Life becomes fresh and new again, as it was in early childhood.

—Harold Klemp
"What Is ECKANKAR?"
The Temple of ECK

Eckankar teaches . . .
•Soul is eternal.
•Soul exists because God loves It.
•Soul is on a journey of Self- and God-Realization.
•Spiritual unfoldment can be accelerated through conscious contact with the ECK, Divine Spirit.
•This contact can be made via the Spiritual Exercises of ECK and the guidance of the Living ECK Master.
•You can actively explore the spiritual worlds through Soul Travel, dreams, and other spiritual techniques.
•Spiritual experience and liberation in this lifetime are available to all.

Source: https://www.eckankar.org/belief.html

Thank you Vaxx. Hope this intro to the ECK Teachings is helpful in answering your question. So, the difference between both religions are obvious as their Scriptures are totally different.
Re: I Am A ... by vaxx: 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2017
BetterChurch:

Basic Beliefs of Eckankar

Harold Klemp, the spiritual leader of Eckankar, describes the basic beliefs of Eckankar as follows:

The teachings of ECK define the nature of Soul more carefully than do other current religions. Each person is Soul, a particle of God sent into the lower worlds (including earth) to gain spiritual experience. Purified by the spiritual exercises, he comes into contact with the Holy Spirit. His goal is spiritual freedom in this lifetime, after which he becomes a Co-worker with God, both here and in the next world. Karma and reincarnation are primary beliefs.

Key to the ECK teachings is the Mahanta, the Living ECK Master. He has the special ability to act as both Inner and Outer Master for ECK students. He is the prophet of Eckankar, given respect but not worship. He teaches the sacred name of God, HU, which lifts one spiritually into the Light and Sound of God, the ECK.

The ECK (the Holy Spirit) purifies one of karma (sin), making it possible for him to accept the full love of God in this lifetime. Then he gains wisdom, charity, and freedom.

Personal experience with the Light and Sound of God is the cornerstone of Eckankar. Of all the religions on earth today, Eckankar offers the most direct teachings on the Light and Sound of God. These twin pillars are missing in whole or in part from the rest. People who truly find these two aspects of God undergo a complete spiritual change. Life becomes fresh and new again, as it was in early childhood.

—Harold Klemp
"What Is ECKANKAR?"
The Temple of ECK

Eckankar teaches . . .
•Soul is eternal.
•Soul exists because God loves It.
•Soul is on a journey of Self- and God-Realization.
•Spiritual unfoldment can be accelerated through conscious contact with the ECK, Divine Spirit.
•This contact can be made via the Spiritual Exercises of ECK and the guidance of the Living ECK Master.
•You can actively explore the spiritual worlds through Soul Travel, dreams, and other spiritual techniques.
•Spiritual experience and liberation in this lifetime are available to all.

Source: https://www.eckankar.org/belief.html

Thank you Vaxx. Hope this intro to the ECK Teachings is helpful in answering your question. So, the difference between both religions are obvious as their Scriptures are totally different.
interesting...

1 Like

Re: I Am A ... by BetterChurch: 7:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
vaxx:
interesting...

"Eckankar...its simplicity, once grasped, is staggering to the intellect."
~The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad
Re: I Am A ... by vaxx: 8:21pm On Sep 22, 2017
BetterChurch:

"Eckankar...its simplicity, once grasped, is staggering to the intellect." The Shariyat-Ki-
Sugmad ...
what about mode of worship?
Re: I Am A ... by BetterChurch: 5:30pm On Sep 28, 2017
vaxx:
what about mode of worship?

It's called ECK Light and Sound Service and a true public event, held 9-10am on Sundays preceded by a 30mins HU Song from 8-8.30am in ECKANKAR Centres nationwide. Each service focuses on an aspect of Eckankar. It involves reading from the ECK books, singing HU, talks, music, and a panel discussion of spiritual principles at work in daily life. You are invited. Admission is free.
Re: I Am A ... by BetterChurch: 9:55am On Oct 02, 2017
The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad contains...

Re: I Am A ... by correctguy101(m): 10:23am On Oct 02, 2017
BetterChurch:
The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad contains...

Any center close to Lasu-Isheri area or Alimosho?

Never experienced anything of the Eckankar. Me like experience anything I can get my hands on o.

Help with a center near those areas please dear one.
Re: I Am A ... by BetterChurch: 11:24am On Oct 02, 2017
correctguy101:

Any center close to Lasu-Isheri area or Alimosho?

Never experienced anything of the Eckankar. Me like experience anything I can get my hands on o.

Help with a center near those areas please dear one.

1, ECK Drive, Oke Afa, Off Isheri Road, Jakande Estate, Isolo, Lagos

You are cordially invited to attend ECK Light and Sound Service 10-11am on Sundays.
Re: I Am A ... by correctguy101(m): 11:26am On Oct 02, 2017
BetterChurch:

1, ECK Drive, Oke Afa, Off Isheri Road, Jakande Estate, Isolo, Lagos

You are cordially invited to attend ECK Light and Sound Service 10-11am on Sundays.
I'll try visit, I need see things for myself... thanks
Re: I Am A ... by BetterChurch: 11:33am On Oct 02, 2017
correctguy101:

I'll try visit, I need see things for myself... thanks

You are most welcome
Re: I Am A ... by BetterChurch: 7:27pm On Mar 30, 2019
"As man deepens his understanding of the divine ECK his outlook changes. The ECK, which is the essence of God, is divine love, and being love It naturally provides only the good karma of life."

The Shariyat-Ki-Sugmad Book One, p. 115
Re: I Am A ... by Tfbaby(m): 7:32pm On Mar 30, 2019
Sir do you sin or can a person stay without committing sin
Re: I Am A ... by BetterChurch: 8:27pm On Jul 19, 2019
Tfbaby:
Sir do you sin or can a person stay without committing sin

Thank you for asking, Tfbaby. Truly, Our ''Sins'' are the reasons why we came to earth again. But a higher way of saying this is that; Reincarnation affords Soul another opportunity to cleanse Itself of Karma and gain Spiritual Freedom. And the Mahanta is always near to help Soul gain this Liberation from the Wheel of Karma and Reincarnation. While ''Sin'' is a concept of the mind, Karma and Reincarnation are part of God's eternal love for Soul and we are Soul. I hope the above offers insights in answering your question.

(1) (Reply)

Apostle Johnson Suleiman's Failed 2017 Prophecies / Third Eye Is Real. GOD Probably Made It Dormant For Our Own Safety / Any Jehovah's Witness In The House?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.