Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,710 members, 7,816,917 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 08:10 PM

Good Advice To Continue Writing In The Face Of Challenges - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Good Advice To Continue Writing In The Face Of Challenges (327 Views)

Examples Of Terrible Writing In Popular Books. (photos) / Learn Content Writing In 4 Steps / Going Outside Can Improve Your Creative Writing In These 3 Ways (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Good Advice To Continue Writing In The Face Of Challenges by marenx: 7:45am On Sep 21, 2017
"Don't  give up."
Even you, you won't like to publish crap writing to represent you or your business, will you?—though struggling for perfection kills....
If you're called to submit your writing to be published on the front page of, say, Vanguard or This Day—you can name them—do not be afraid.
Your quality of writing depends on the quality of writing you read.
Trust your writing first.
If you're still pessimistic, know that people are still—and still—making it in writing.
To make it too, don't rush to publish your writing. Instead, let it rest for sometime, nomatter how it looks. You'll love it.
I know even if the best editors on earth edit your writing, you may still see it's not how you want it to be—only because you're too close to it. Give it, say, 3 or 4 years, you'll thank your editors.
After writing, make all necessary corrections, print it out—but I usually have another copy in my hand writing—and save it in your distant place. Swear you won't read it until after sometime.

From "You can read to change the World. You can as well teach your Little Friends to read." by Maren John Mafuyai
"When editing, remove all buts and ands from the beginnings of the sentence. After it rests, you'll know whether you need them or not." Maren John Mafuyai
"Write and keep away—write and keep away. Then read. Editing process comes last. Then throw away. Let it rest." Maren John Mafuyai.
Follow him on Twitter to get more writing advice: HIS TWITTER https://mobile.twitter.com/account

(1) (Reply)

British Author Kazuo Ishiguro Wins Nobel Literature Prize / My Countrymen / Finding Tomorrow (a Poem)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.