Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam - Islam for Muslims - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Islam for Muslims / Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam (3801 Views)

'Its A Peaceful Religion' - Moji Olaiya Converts To Islam / Liz Anjorin Converts To Islam, Changes Name To Aisha / List of Notable Converts to Islam from Wikipedia (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by kismat: 10:20pm On Dec 19, 2005
Former minister (deacon) of the United Methodist Church. He holds a Master's degree in Divinity from Harvard University and a Doctorate in Psychology from the University of Denver. Author of The Cross and the Crescent: An Interfaith Dialogue between Christianity and Islam (ISBN 1-59008-002-5 - Amana Publications, 2001). He has published over 60 articles in the field of clinical psychology, and over 150 articles on Arabian horses

http://thetruereligion.org/modules/xfsection/article.php?articleid=241

The following link lists priests from around the world who have also converted to Islam.

http://thetruereligion.org/modules/xfsection/index.php?category=1
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by prettyH(f): 11:30pm On Dec 19, 2005
Sorry not getting your point?
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by layi(m): 11:36am On Dec 20, 2005
"The letter killeth but the spirit giveth life"

Christianity is more than divinity or theology. It is the life of God in a human spirit. It goes beyond papers or degrees.

This dont move me a bit. It would only move me if JESUS becomes a muslim
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by nuru(m): 12:57pm On Dec 20, 2005
I thought you knew that Jesus was and is a muslim
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by layi(m): 1:16pm On Dec 20, 2005
Thats Anabi yisa. Not the Jesus i know.
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by exu(m): 2:16pm On Dec 20, 2005
it is possible to be very well educated and still be misguided/misinformed...
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by donnie(m): 2:28pm On Dec 20, 2005
Thank God he was 'Harvard educated'... and not 'Holy Ghost annointed and trained'.
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by prettyH(f): 3:47pm On Dec 20, 2005
nuru:

I thought you knew that Jesus was and is a muslim

Says who?
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by nuru(m): 8:09pm On Dec 20, 2005
You see, if you examine the true teachings of Jesus Christ without bias, i gave the challenge in another discussion topic, and you know the teachings of Muhammad, you would find a striking compatibility. In fact they are the same. God willing, we will discuss this in greater details later. Since the meaning of muslim is one that submits willfully to his Creator, then Jesus is a muslim, and so are all the Holy Prophets before him.
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by exu(m): 8:12pm On Dec 20, 2005
Isn't it possible that they are the same because one (Islam) 'borrowed' from the other (Christianity) which is in itself a byproduct of yet another (Judaism)?
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by littleb(m): 5:23pm On Jun 25, 2008
Hello Layi,

This don't move me a bit. It would only move me if JESUS becomes a muslim

Thanks  for your post. Can you explain to me which religion Jesus practiced.

Moreso, what do you know about someone being a muslim? Come to intellectual constructive arguement, not just type something.
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by asamuel: 7:36pm On Jun 30, 2008
My name is Abdulazeez Samuel. I was a Muslim before I became a Christian. Don't even go to Havard. I would be glad to tell you why it doesn't pay to be a muslim. Religion does not deliver from sin, only faith in the atoning work of Christ does.

So, don't be confused if anyone missed his road at Harvard.
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by littleb(m): 11:32am On Jul 01, 2008
@samuel
I was a Muslim before I became a Christian. Don't even go to Havard

I already said in one thread that you were never a practicing muslim. You did not even near it. Sincerely, just explain what did you knew before your conversion.

I would be glad to tell you why it doesn't pay to be a muslim.

Very well, you are welcome! Goes on with cogent prove.

Religion does not deliver from sin, only faith in the atoning work of Christ does

Are you saying nothing like christianity or Islam. Explain clearly. No muslim will tell you he/she doesn't believe in jesus as a messanger of God and believe in his message. Which message has jesus came to deliver to you?
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by elctroguru(m): 8:38am On Jul 02, 2008
Asamuel or wat did u call urself. Wen I read tru ur story, I just dnt knw wat 2 say abt it. See that kind of stupidity, u went to a crusade, u knew Quran off hand, those tins are bullshit. So if u knw Quran, u understand wat it entails? No. Its not like that man. I dunno wat 2 say but i cant type much because am on mobile. Well, carry on man. You go hear am on the day of resurrection. You'll knw d meaning of Islam wen u're alone in the grave.
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by olabowale(m): 10:19pm On Jul 02, 2008
@asamuel:

My name is Abdulazeez Samuel. I was a Muslim before I became a Christian. Don't even go to Havard. I would be glad to tell you why it doesn't pay to be a muslim. Religion does not deliver from sin, only faith in the atoning work of Christ does.

I hope eveyone will note that this guy's last name is Samuel, while he proudly says to us that his first name is Abdulazeez. I wonder why his father, bears samuel and still remain a muslim, while a son who bears muslim name becomes a christian? I have never heard of a muslim family name called samuel in africa. Here in america, the people who became muslims are even changing their family names altogether. Example is Imam Suraj Wahhaj. Another is Imam Abdullateef Amin. Another is Umar Shakir. All these men are from Brooklyn NY. White Sheikh, Yusuf Hamzah is a good example in hayward, california.

So asamuel, tell us why it does not pay to be a muslim? Is there any reason not to be a Jew, also. And what benefits in Christianity, therefore?

And if religion is not good, then what is Christianity? If you are a yoruba man, have you heard esin kiriyo or esin kiristieni before? Coud you tell us what the yoruba people when they say these words?

And how do you atone from the work of Jesus using faith alone? I bet Imam Yusuf Estes of Virginia did not know that as a preacher in all those years before he converted to Islam. You are interestingly hilarious. You seem to come across as a person who does not take responsibility for his own actions.

Please don't forget to explain how your last name is Samuel, please. I wanna hear your gimmick. I think you need to have a show in the circus or in Las Vegas, because you seem to love slight of hands in the manner of the magicians.
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by olabowale(m): 12:46pm On Jul 03, 2008

Thats Anabi yisa. Not the Jesus i know.

You are layi. Not the Olayiwola I know as a son. You see how bad your reasoning is when you say that prophet Isa bin Mariam is not Jesus?

Nothing pass GOD

Just to play on your signature in quotes, if nothing pass GOD, how did Jesus not know that the time of the hour, but Only God happens to be the one that knows it? If nothing pass GOD why is it that Jesus did not know about the season of the fruiting of fig, which his lack of knowledge made him curse a tree that follows the obedience of its Creator to die off? PLease answer these questions if you will.
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by rexdtext: 3:33pm On Jul 09, 2008
ALLAH kul-shei-quodrl
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by rexdtext: 3:53pm On Jul 09, 2008
olabowale:

@asamuel:
I hope eveyone will note that this guy's last name is Samuel, while he proudly says to us that his first name is Abdulazeez. I wonder why his father, bears samuel and still remain a muslim, while a son who bears muslim name becomes a christian? I have never heard of a muslim family name called samuel in africa. Here in america, the people who became muslims are even changing their family names altogether. Example is Imam Suraj Wahhaj. Another is Imam Abdullateef Amin. Another is Umar Shakir. All these men are from Brooklyn NY. White Sheikh, Yusuf Hamzah is a good example in hayward, california.

So asamuel, tell us why it does not pay to be a muslim? Is there any reason not to be a Jew, also. And what benefits in Christianity, therefore?

And if religion is not good, then what is Christianity? If you are a yoruba man, have you heard esin kiriyo or esin kiristieni before? Coud you tell us what the yoruba people when they say these words?

And how do you atone from the work of Jesus using faith alone? I bet Imam Yusuf Estes of Virginia did not know that as a preacher in all those years before he converted to Islam. You are interestingly hilarious. You seem to come across as a person who does not take responsibility for his own actions.

Please don't forget to explain how your last name is Samuel, please. I want to hear your gimmick. I think you need to have a show in the circus or in Las Vegas, because you seem to love slight of hands in the manner of the magicians.

my bro, nothing else to say. this is just critical reasoning. Abdulazeez the son of samuel. let see how he answers this. Saamuueelliii kiriyo shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by babs787(m): 8:35pm On Jul 09, 2008
my bro, nothing else to say. this is just critical reasoning. Abdulazeez the son of samuel. let see how he answers this. Saamuueelliii kiriyo   

Wey Samuel Abdulazeez now shocked. You need to respond to these posts grin
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by Nobody: 11:09am On Aug 12, 2008
asamuel:

I will advise you not to post your details on the net, this people can come after you for converting to Christianity, anyway you are welcome to the light and is not too late for adebowale too and any Christian that want to convert to islam is free to do so. yes, i mean any christian that want to convert is FREE to do so. Christianity is a peaceful religion and you are allowed to choose who u want to believe.
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by Gamine(f): 11:13am On Aug 12, 2008
@Topic

>??

NA today??
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by olabowale(m): 1:32pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Cool4Ny:

« #19 on: Today at 11:09:54 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Quote from: asamuel on June 30, 2008, 07:36 PM

I will advise you not to post your details on the net, this people can come after you for converting to Christianity, anyway you are welcome to the light and is not too late for adebowale too and any Christian that want to convert to islam is free to do so. yes, i mean any christian that want to convert is FREE to do so. Christianity is a peaceful religion and you are allowed to choose who u want to believe.

Report to moderator Logged

Gamine (f)
Overseas, Nigeria is my Country

Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam
« #20 on: Today at 11:13:33 AM »

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
@Topic

>??

NA today??

Since Mr. Samuel (If this guy's first name is Abdelazzez, how is his last name, or Surname Samule, if he has come from an Islamic family? We should be able to reflect about the truth of "Abdulazzez," the Christian.

There is no muslim family named Samuel! We see the lies of this dude), believes in the work of Jesus as the only atoning thing from sin, then who is the atoning person atoning before, Jesus or God Almighty?

It is not possible that Jesus do good work for atonement of his believers, except that there is another entity that will examine/check that atoning benefit on the individual. That another Entity is God.

It is God Almighty that we in Islam worship. It is God that we have personal connection with, without anyone in between. It is that God that we in Islam, along with Muhammad (as) His last messenger have connection with. Our connection is direct.

Mr. Samuel, bearing a christian last name, while your first name is still Islamic, is your father still a muslim, with such a strange name, while you are not ashamed, to continue to bear Islamic first name, still?

Now I need to tell you that no bearer of burden will bear the burden of another. All the good word of jesus was for his own benefit, alone. For his own soul, and a proof that he was a prophet to the children of Israel.

You will and no one can force Jesus to bear a burden that does not belong to him; the burdens of other individuals. Its ironic that the disciples of Jesus did not think like this and wile jesus was alive did not propose this hypothesis.

If he didn't and his 12 disciples did not think about his work as a saving grace or atonement for their persons, then how do you come to this strange conclusion?

Should we not ask why Judas Iscariot who should benefit from the good wrk of Jesus, and also followed all the commandments of Jesus to a "T," including the betrayal all of a sudden lost it all and forgot the "atoning from sin, the good work of this same Jesus?"

Should Iscariot not have been the testing group, the very litmus for this? Is there a better incident to have been right to prove it, especially since he was a good follower, up the last and only terrible deed?
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by olabowale(m): 1:39pm On Aug 12, 2008
@Cool4NY: No one cares for his convertion to disbelief! this is the condition of his heart. The decision is his own concern. Death will catch up with everyone of us. then llah will separate the good from the not good, in the Day of judgement.
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by olabowale(m): 1:45pm On Aug 12, 2008
Or has there been a situation that a former Christian converted to Islam, and continues to have his Christian first name and his father's name is Islamic? Is there any sense in it, except the family was muslim, always the reason they have a muslim name? And the convertion must have been a fake one, since the last name betrays it? If it is a person claiming to have converted to Islam, am sure the eyes and the faculties of everyone will know that it is a lie with this type of name set up.
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by javalove(m): 5:19pm On Aug 12, 2008
this samule guy is obviously lying. u have never been muslim. u cant decieve anyone here, u only decieving ur own conciousness. One day, u will surely wish u were!!
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by blkmum700: 12:33am On Aug 13, 2008
@cool4ny,
if you say christianity is a peacefull religion then adolf hittler,gorge bush will not be going killing innocent people.this people are believers of the bible.
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by Queenisha: 12:46am On Aug 13, 2008
blkmum700:

@cool4ny,
if you say christianity is a peacefull religion then adolf hittler,gorge bush will not be going killing innocent people.this people are believers of the bible.

cough cough!
na today we begin see una with al taquiyyah
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by Queenisha: 12:50am On Aug 13, 2008
Olabowole
na so the thing come pain you e kwa cry cry cry cry cry
Leave the guy alone.
He chooses to keep his Arabic name and that's his choice.
Why is that giving you a headache
sheesh!!!
You get time to worry yaself over nonsense.

The guy Asamuel was a Muslim,he's now a Christian and here on this forum you've seen plenty like him
6 million annually in Africa alone
Remember Malik ?
Rememeber shahan
remember mlkbaby
remember your worst nightmare of last year and earlier this year
The very smart girl
You know who I'm talking about

so sock it up and quit crying.
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by Queenisha: 12:53am On Aug 13, 2008
cool4ny:

Good advice.
With the way some people went off the deep end here
some may already be sharpening their tools lipsrsealed
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by Queenisha: 12:55am On Aug 13, 2008
javalove:

this samule guy is obviously lying. u have never been muslim. u can't decieve anyone here, u only decieving your own conciousness. One day, u will surely wish u were!!

ROFL.
Quit crying.
He's only one of the 6 million converts from Islam to Christianity annually in Africa alone despite the threats from your camp to behead them.
Light has shone in darkness and darkness cannot understand it.
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by Queenisha: 1:04am On Aug 13, 2008
babs787:

Wey Samuel Abdulazeez now shocked. You need to respond to these posts grin

You need to respond to this.
and the figures are in Africa alone.
ASamuel is just one in amillion.
Glory to God!

The Internet site aljazeera.net published an interview with Ahmad Al Qataani أحمد القطعاني An important Islamic cleric who said: “In every hour, 667 Muslims convert to Christianity. Everyday, 16,000 Muslims convert to Christianity. Ever year, 6 million Muslims convert to Christianity."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xdVnILalpeo
Re: Harvard Educated Minister Converts to Islam by olabowale(m): 2:25am On Aug 13, 2008
@Queenisha :
[Quote]
Olabowole
na so the thing come pain you e kwa
Leave the guy alone.
He chooses to keep his Arabic name and that's his choice.
Why is that giving you a headache
sheesh!!!
You get time to worry yaself over nonsense.

The guy Asamuel was a Muslim,he's now a Christian and here on this forum you've seen plenty like him
6 million annually in Africa alone
Remember Malik ?
Rememeber shahan
remember mlkbaby
remember your worst nightmare of last year and earlier this year
The very smart girl
You know who I'm talking about

so sock it up and quit crying.
[/quote]

We are talking about his name, but his father's name being Christian name! Think about that.

I remember those people. Now remember my mother; now Mariam?
Remember Ndidi, now Zainab? And am working on Emeka. Then you and your husband.

And the only places you have gullible people are in Africa's subsahara. This is no surprise.

Now tell me when Christianity invades Middle east. Please remember that USA thinks that she
will remain for as long as she wonts, in Iraq. That was before the Iraqis said no.

My friend, know that Allah is the Lord God of all. He is the Only One Who has the power
to select people of Paradise. The rest because of their evil desires be condemned in Hellfire.
Posted on: Today at 12:46:34 AMPosted by: Queenisha

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tips For Maintaining Zuhd / Mut'ah / Truth, Disbelief And Renewal Of Faith

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 61
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.