Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,120 members, 7,953,454 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:33 PM

How To Start A Lucrative Business This Weekend Without A Dime (photo) - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / How To Start A Lucrative Business This Weekend Without A Dime (photo) (478 Views)

Hot And Lucrative Business Ideas In Nigeria / Bsc In Computer Science, Is It Still A Lucrative Degree? / 3 Underrated But Lucrative Skills That Will Make You Rich (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Start A Lucrative Business This Weekend Without A Dime (photo) by 10mobile: 9:13am On Sep 21, 2017
I was on Facebook today when a girl posted an image lamenting the rate of hunger in Nigeria. I responded that "if u dey hungry na u do urself. seek and u shall find" and she posted back asking me "Ok, I'm seeking now. Let me find. I study management. Employed me". It occured to me that many graduates in Nigeria still carry the old mentality of "I'm waiting to be employed". Then, some say they want to start a business but they don't have money.

The above experience is what inspired me to write this post. In the spirit of helping to make Nigeria better, I wish to show Nigerian youths why they don't need to spend their great intelligence on complaining and blaming Government. Instead they should spend it on self-help. As a matter of fact, there is no Government that has done well in Nigeria. They have all contributed their quotas to working against YOUR destiny as a Nigerian youth. So, it's very foolish for Nigerian youths to fight and hurt one another for the sake of the political class (In fact, expect my post on this with reference to the recent quarrel between Arewa Youths and IPOB). Meanwhile, back to business: How to start a lucrative business this weekend without a dime as your start-up:

Do you have people in your location who are hosting such events as wedding, child dedication, anniversary, etc in near future. Go to them and offer to design e-cards for them (You don't need to know how to design; I will tell you how). Tell them why they need e-cards: 1. Paper cards have become outdated. E-cards are what fit the current prevailing culture. They are meant to be distributed via social media, email, phone (MMS) and more. 2. And, they are cheaper. If you just design one, you can distribute them to as many people as you can. 3. E-cards enhance your image. Not many people have started using them. So, e-cards will make them classy and their events memorable.

You need to design something really beautiful for them so that you get referrals through them and have good reputation. But if you don't know how to design or how to design like a pro, what do you do? Look for someone who can (Like yours truly. See sample images attached to this post). Discuss business with them. Then, go to your prospective client and discuss business. Add your profit. Get advance payment from him/her and pay your designer. You have made money. Chikena!

Before a month you will have many people knocking on your door. So, why should you go seeking a job that you are paid N50,000 a month and you are made to feel little everyday? And you don't have time for yourself? And they sometimes tell you "no money this month"? And prices of things get higher while your salary remains static? Please, think.

Re: How To Start A Lucrative Business This Weekend Without A Dime (photo) by Kowor(f): 9:19am On Sep 21, 2017
Lemme wait.
Re: How To Start A Lucrative Business This Weekend Without A Dime (photo) by KingsJohnson(m): 9:25am On Sep 21, 2017
Waiting behind d poster above me
Re: How To Start A Lucrative Business This Weekend Without A Dime (photo) by Toyolad(m): 2:22pm On Sep 21, 2017
Are they like invitation cards or business cards. I don't get the whole concept of e-cards, wish to learn more pls@OP

What are paper cards for?
How is e-card a better option?
How much is a single e-card worth?
These questions and other ones need clarification

(1) (Reply)

Do You Have Any Skill You Think Will Make You Successful? / Business Success Tips #9 / Three Reasons Why Your Job Offer Was Turned Down

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.