Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:58 AM

Power Surge Vs Stabilizer - Autos - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Autos / Power Surge Vs Stabilizer (11523 Views)

Automobile Stabilizer Link / Between A TV Guard And A Stabilizer / US Spec Genuine Stabilizer Linkage for Toyota Corolla- SOLD! SOLD! SOLD! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Power Surge Vs Stabilizer by Winneredos: 11:42am On Sep 21, 2017
Good day All, i recently just got a big fridge, please between a power surge and stabilizer which is better to serve as a voltage regulator and to boost the fridge performance.

1 Like

Re: Power Surge Vs Stabilizer by eezeribe(m): 11:49am On Sep 21, 2017
I was once in this kind of dilemma,after browsing endless hours on Google and knowing that my stabilizer can increase voltage output which the surge protector cannot do...
And sometimes when the voltage is not up to 220v,my fridge takes longer time to freeze but when connected to the stabilizer,it steps it up to 220 and my fridge starts rejoicing...
I decided to connect the surge protector and the stabilizer together...
This is how I did it :
I first plugged the surge protector directly into the wall,and then plugged the stabilizer into the surge protector,and finally plugged the fridge into the stabilizer...
Both my surge protector and stabilizer operate on independent delays and together everything has been working fine for years now... NO SHAKING!!!
lalasticlala,Mynd44

19 Likes

Re: Power Surge Vs Stabilizer by Winneredos: 12:13pm On Sep 21, 2017
Thanks a lots @eezeribe, I'm looking at just purchasing one considering the economic recession. from the two i don't which is best. please what do you suggest?
Re: Power Surge Vs Stabilizer by Winneredos: 12:16pm On Sep 21, 2017
@ eezeribe From your explanation am thinking the stabilizer is better choice. what do you think?
Re: Power Surge Vs Stabilizer by eezeribe(m): 1:44pm On Sep 21, 2017
Winneredos:
@ eezeribe From your explanation am thinking the stabilizer is better choice. what do you think?
My dear,a very good stabilizer with a high power ... From 2KW and above,will offer more services than an ordinary surge protector....
Good stabilizers have very sensitive fuses that would easily detect any voltage surge and automatically break the circuit in addition to the delay function and voltage boost...
If you get a good stabilizer,you are good to go... In fact my surge protector was actually given to me as a promo gift... I didn't actually buy it.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Power Surge Vs Stabilizer by eezeribe(m): 1:45pm On Sep 21, 2017
Winneredos:
Thanks a lots @eezeribe, I'm looking at just purchasing one considering the economic recession. from the two i don't which is best. please what do you suggest?
Go for the stabilizer,but the recent dollar issue has made prices really high...
The 2.5KVA Original Qlink stabilizer I bought in 2013 for 7k now sells between 13 to 15k...
Just try to get a good brand with at least 2kw,Qlink,Century 21,SONIK,TEC(thermocool),Nexus etc are all good...
We also have Bluegate and Mercury (the UPS giants) now doing very good but very expensive stabilizers...
And when buying the stabilizer,make sure you check at the back,there must be at least two extra fuses.some sellers do remove them and sell separately.
Good luck...

3 Likes

Re: Power Surge Vs Stabilizer by Winneredos: 1:58pm On Sep 22, 2017
Thanks.
Re: Power Surge Vs Stabilizer by eezeribe(m): 11:09am On Jan 04, 2018
You are welcome bro,were you able to buy it?
Re: Power Surge Vs Stabilizer by akinwale701(m): 7:34am On Oct 11, 2019
eezeribe:
I was once in this kind of dilemma,after browsing endless hours on Google and knowing that my stabilizer can increase voltage output which the surge protector cannot do...
And sometimes when the voltage is not up to 220v,my fridge takes longer time to freeze but when connected to the stabilizer,it steps it up to 220 and my fridge starts rejoicing...
This is how I did it :
I first plugged the surge protector directly into the wall,and then plugged the stabilizer into the surge protector,and finally plugged the fridge into the stabilizer...
Both my surge protector and stabilizer operate on independent delays and together everything has been working fine for years now... NO SHAKING!!!
lalasticlala,Mynd44

I just got a flat screen TV (LG 32 inches) and a TV guard as well, meanwhile I'm already using a 1000W (Q-link) stabilizer for my appliances at home. My question now is, will I create a separate wall socket, plug the TV guard and plug the TV into it or will I connect the TV guard with the socket already connected with the stabilizer and plug the TV on the TV guard (which means I won't need to create another wall socket again)? Please I need your response on this as I'm somehow confused about the whole thing.
Re: Power Surge Vs Stabilizer by Jamoojazzy(m): 6:38pm On Oct 24, 2019
Chairman I know stab... Just bought one this evening but its DV-1000 not 2000 hopefully it will work for Thermocool refrigerator. 120ltrs?
Re: Power Surge Vs Stabilizer by easycoolll(m): 8:36pm On Sep 28, 2022
eezeribe:
This is how I did it :
lalasticlala,Mynd44
Please I want to get a surge protector, can I connect this with my century 2000va stabilizer....
If yes
What brand should I buy and is there capacity for it?

(1) (Reply)

2006 Toyota Rav4 From Cotonou;price:3.4 M Naira;see Pix,+229-99748098 / Cheapest Car Deals In Port Harcourt Part2 (check For Updates) / **super Clean 2018 Mercedes Benz E400 On Sale For Sale #35.6m Only!!!!**

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.