Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,751 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:21 AM

Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists (665 Views)

Don't Fall For Atheists And Their Deceit. / What Evidence Is Needed For Atheists To Believe God Exist? See Answer Here / The Paradox Of Nihilism- A Problem For Atheists And Humanists (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by Martinez19(m): 7:09pm On Sep 21, 2017
I remember when I prayed as christian, while I was getting up from sleep the next day, I had a voice saying that it will grant me the answer to my prayers. shocked I thought it was the holy spirit. But later, I discovered that people do hear voices when falling asleep or waking up. How did the voice know I prayed for something? Later on after many many months, I became an atheist thanks to hopefulLandlord, HardMirror and hahn. kiss

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by ololadeking(m): 7:33pm On Sep 21, 2017
Martinez19:
I remember when I prayed as christian, while I was getting up from sleep the next day, I had a voice saying that it will grant me the answer to my prayers. shocked I thought it was the holy spirit. But later, I discovered that people do hear voices when falling asleep or waking up. How did the voice know I prayed for something? Later on after many many months, I became an atheist thanks to hopefulLandlord, HardMirror and hahn. kiss
coool, what realy convinced you? Share yr story wit me
Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by Martinez19(m): 7:42pm On Sep 21, 2017
ololadeking:
coool, what realy convinced you? Share yr story wit me
I was heavily involved in churches, I saw fake prophecies, hypocrisy and I questioned the doctrines of christianity. What shakedown me was that miracles don't exist and faith doesn't work. My pastor said he is no longer going to wear his glasses because he has used faith, days later he went back to his glasses and nobody said anything or even noticed.

I got to know that church is a business. I started researching atheists comments on nairaland, Richard Dawkins videos and atheists memes. That was how I broke free.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by PEPPERified: 7:46pm On Sep 21, 2017
I really wish people would understand that the strongest force the devil use to decieve people is by playing with their thoughts and imaginations.... I wish someone can go through 2Cor. 10 v. 4-6
Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by Martinez19(m): 7:58pm On Sep 21, 2017
PEPPERified:
I really wish people would understand that the strongest force the devil use to decieve people is by playing with their thoughts and imaginations.... I wish someone can go through 2Cor. 10 v. 4-6
I embraced facts not dogma. I researched and used reasoning, that's why I left.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by jiggaz(m): 8:00pm On Sep 21, 2017
Martinez19:

Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by Martinez19(m): 8:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
jiggaz:

Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by PEPPERified: 8:05pm On Sep 21, 2017
The trick that the devil used to enter Eve's mind and made her doubt God is the same truth the devil is still using to decieve other believers and make them turn away from God. The devil almost succeeded in getting me turn away from God until I got this revelation.

Whenever thoughts such as:
1. "Did God really say?"
2. "Is God really true?"
3. "Does God really exist?"
4. "Would God really care?"
5. "Can Go really help?"... Are planted in your mind, then the devil has succeeded in planting his device in your heart.

When the devil succeeded in planting this kind of thought in Eve's mind and made her doubt God, the fall of man began.
Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by PEPPERified: 8:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
When I was almost lost into the world of disbelief, I (by the Grace of God) got understanding of the devil's pattern.

Before then I thought the devil can only attack a believer through spiritual or physical forces. But I was wrong. The strongest and the most effective scheme of the devil is neither physical nor spiritual, but pyscological and intellectual. He finds a way of getting to your thoughts and emotions, he brings up arguments that seem really rational, such as would make you give him a chance, and then, he takes control of your life.

I particularly didn't understand the passage that says: (For the weapons of our warfare [are] not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holdswink 2Cor 10 v 4. I thought the warfare was a spiritual warfare or at worse a physical warfare,
but the kind of warfare was clearly stated in the next verse.

2Co 10:5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ;

the warfare is against imaginations, and thoughts and arguments against the knowledge of God.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by PEPPERified: 8:29pm On Sep 21, 2017
Martinez19:
I embraced facts not dogma. I researched and used reasoning, that's why I left.

I am sharing my own personal experience. How I overcame the fact with the truth.

I was once facing what some of you were facing. My intellects and my exposure we're raising all forms of imaginations and arguments against the understanding of the Knowledge of God. But God helped me to cast out those imaginations and defeat the devil's plans.

You can reach me for further details and explainations 08030846084
Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by Martinez19(m): 8:30pm On Sep 21, 2017
PEPPERified:
The trick that the devil used to enter Eve's mind and made her doubt God is the same truth the devil is still using to decieve other believers and make them turn away from God. The devil almost succeeded in getting me turn away from God until I got this revelation.

1. "Did God really say?"
2. "Is God really true?"
5. "Can Go really help?"... Are planted in your mind, then the devil has succeeded in planting his device in your heart.

When the devil succeeded in planting this kind of thought in Eve's mind and made her doubt God, the fall of man began.
I got to a point, I started doubting and questioning but the evidences that all religious gods and teachings are man made and fake were staring at me in the face. I can't denied them without being dishonest. Miracles don't occur, prayer and faith don't work, God can't be moral, I mean the evidences are glaring. Go to hospitals and see the sick both believers and unbelievers all hopeless, look at the luxurious lifestyles of men of God and the universities they built while their members beg for bread. See the suffering in the, it doesn't point to a loving and all protective creator.
Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by Martinez19(m): 8:31pm On Sep 21, 2017
PEPPERified, study the history of your religion.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by butterflylion: 9:40pm On Sep 21, 2017
Martinez19:
PEPPERified, study the history of your religion.

I thought you said in your other thread that the history isn't detailed so why are you asking him to study the same history you refused to study? grin
Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by butterflylion: 9:41pm On Sep 21, 2017
Martinez19:
I got to a point, I started doubting and questioning but the evidences that all religious gods and teachings are man made and fake were staring at me in the face. I can't denied them without being dishonest. Miracles don't occur, prayer and faith don't work, God can't be moral, I mean the evidences are glaring. Go to hospitals and see the sick both believers and unbelievers all hopeless, look at the luxurious lifestyles of men of God and the universities they built while their members beg for bread. See the suffering in the, it doesn't point to a loving and all protective creator.

So the Pastors were God in your world of Christianity back in the day? cheesy

I have seen it all grin
Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by ololadeking(m): 9:53pm On Sep 21, 2017
Martinez19:
I was heavily involved in churches, I saw fake prophecies, hypocrisy and I questioned the doctrines of christianity. What shakedown me was that miracles don't exist and faith doesn't work. My pastor said he is no longer going to wear his glasses because he has used faith, days later he went back to his glasses and nobody said anything or even noticed.

I got to know that church is a business. I started researching atheists comments on nairaland, Richard Dawkins videos and atheists memes. That was how I broke free.
cool
Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by bloodofthelamb(m): 11:03pm On Sep 21, 2017
Martinez19:
HOW DO YOU EXPECT GOD TO REVEAL HIMSELF? WHEN YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN HIS WORK "MIRACLE"....FOR ONLY TRUE HIS WORK CAN HE REVEAL HIMSELF
Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by Ericsunday619: 2:13am On Sep 22, 2017
bloodofthelamb:
HOW DO YOU EXPECT GOD TO REVEAL HIMSELF? WHEN YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN HIS WORK "MIRACLE"....FOR ONLY TRUE HIS WORK CAN HE REVEAL HIMSELF
my guy God Is hilarious and Please stop supporting that scammer. no time
Re: Strangest Occurrence While You Were Religious. For Atheists by hahn(m): 9:13am On Sep 22, 2017
PEPPERified:

1. "Did God really say?"
2. "Is God really true?"

The simple fact that your the concept of your god cannot stand in the face of doubt should tell you that something is wrong about it smiley

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

What Will Christians Do To Save Yahweh? / Quick Questions For The Creationists / I Dream Seeing My Self In The River dancing,please Help Me..

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.