Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:45 AM

Broken Smile - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Broken Smile (967 Views)

The Last Smile. / The Smile Of Terror By Mbulu Mundia / BROKEN HEDGE By Toyin Taiwo (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Broken Smile by jumkel(f): 9:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
WRITER'S NOTE
Hi everyone, This is my first time writing, so am bound to make mistakes. If you detect any, feel free to point it out coz it will help make me a better writer but please do so kindly. I haven't being to the country used in the book and so I don't know their ways but I promise I'll write in a way that'll make you get the picture clearly.
I hope you guys love it. Thanks
JUMKEL.
Re: Broken Smile by inkdbetty(f): 9:18pm On Sep 21, 2017
I'm waiting patiently.
Re: Broken Smile by jumkel(f): 10:14pm On Sep 21, 2017
TEASER She is an angel and he is the devil in disguise, she is full of smile and love but he is dead on the inside and also the school biggest playboy. One thing lead to another and their path intertwined, what do you think will happen. Is her love enough to break the wall he's built up, change and make him a new person or will she end up getting hurt.
Find out happens .
JUMKEL.

1 Like

Re: Broken Smile by jumkel(f): 10:21pm On Sep 21, 2017
CHAPTER 1
Today is the happiest day of my life, never in my life could I have taught I'll be given scholarship to one of the best university in the world. Its felt surreal, so here I am at Cambridge university, united kingdom.
Here everyone is full of life. I could see students carrying bags and rushing into classes as I walked through the hall . Some alone, others with their friends. I took a deep breath and sigh
" Cambridge here I come" I whispered.
I kept walking, suddenly out of no where a girl with red hair call to me.
"Hi, you must be a freshman" she asked.
" Yeah " I replied confused.
" Oh my God, am sorry where are my manners. Am Susannah king, lord i hate my name. I feel like an old lady just hearing it, call me Susan okay." She said and I just nod.
" So what's your name and what are you studying." The girl I now know to be Susan asked.
"Am Melissa Adebayo and I'll be majoring at business management." I said but then I saw her looking confused. "What's wrong" I asked.
"Nothing, its just your last name, its different. Not in a bad way, Dont get me wrong it's just …., gosh am blabbing again" This girl sure talks a lot but you know what I like it.
"It's okay I get it, you're right its different because am actually a Nigerian and am here cause I was given a scholarship" I explained.
"Wow, that's so cool. No wonder am attracted to you, something tells me were gonna be best friends forever" She giggles.
"And I am majoring in business management too, we'll get to see each other. Omg am so excited" she said cheerfully and gave me hug.
"Nice meeting you, my friend. I was so nervous on getting here but now its all gone thanks to you" I said with gratitude.
"Well if you're so grateful, why don't you treat me to lunch one of these day's." She smiled.
"Fine by me but I'll have you know I don't have much on me, so it better not be expensive" I said pointing a finger at her.
"Nothing expensive I promise. Pinky swear" she laughed. "By the way do you have your schedule" Susan asked.
"Nope, not yet. Actually I was on my way to get it" I answered.
"Where are you staying the dorm or off campus" she asked again.
"The dorm and you" I said.
"Well I stay off campus"she answered "so let's go get your schedule and I'll take you to your dorm" she volunteered.
"Thank you so much, what would I have done without you. You saved my day."
"Anything for my soon to be best friend" she smiled back and we went for my schedule together.
I could tell this is the beginning of a lifetime friendship.

I tried my best to write this, hope you love. Not edited, kindly correct any mistakes and let me know your view on what you've just read. Thanks and pls comment.
JUMKEL .

2 Likes

Re: Broken Smile by WHOcarex: 11:04pm On Sep 21, 2017
Leg go
Re: Broken Smile by Penshalom(f): 4:11pm On Sep 22, 2017
We are waiting.
Re: Broken Smile by inkdbetty(f): 4:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
I like where this is going but you need to try your best with punctuations, include commas, question marks and full stops where necessary. Space it out too. I understand if you are typing with a java, I am too but if you're not, it should not be so hard.

Btw, its 'I'm' or 'I am' and not 'am'.
Re: Broken Smile by jumkel(f): 9:03pm On Sep 22, 2017
inkdbetty:
I like where this is going but you need to try your best with punctuations, include commas, question marks and full stops where necessary. Space it out too. I understand if you are typing with a java, I am too but if you're not, it should not be so hard.

Btw, its 'I'm' or 'I am' and not 'am'.

thanks, I'll try to apply punctuation marks where needed. you really help.
Re: Broken Smile by jumkel(f): 9:04pm On Sep 22, 2017
Penshalom:
We are waiting.
the next chapter is on the way. I'll update everyday.
Re: Broken Smile by jumkel(f): 9:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
CHAPTER 2
Its been a week since I came to the united kingdom and things are running smoothly with the help of my new friend Susan.
l fulfilled my lunch promise by buying her chocolate cake and from there we got to know each other better.
Some of the things she told me was that she is of Italian root but her parents are based in the UK. Through our talk I leant her dad owns one of the biggest company in united kingdom, she's also the only child. In return I told her about myself.
I told her about me also being the only child and how i was raised by my dad and step mom. You see my step mom never had a child of her own so she dedicates her life towards raising me, she took over when my mom died eight years ago and I was barely twelve.
My dad is a professor at one of the prominent universities in Nigeria and my step mom works at a law firm.
Susan told me she live alone and begged me to come stay with her but I refused.
Currently I'm in my dorm room reading some novel I borrowed from the library when I had my phone ring. I check the caller ID and Susan's name shows up the screen. I picked up.
"Yo, what's up Susan" I greeted.

"Never been better" she giggles " I was wondering if you'll like to hangout, like right now" she asked.

"Uh…sure, I've got nothing better to do anyway" I replied." So how is it gonna be"
"Its simple just dress casually and I'll come pick you up in few minutes" she said.

"Okay…. I be waiting . bye" I drop the phone.
I quickly put on a flower dress and white sandals. I applied a little bit mascara and a nude color lipstick, I look into the mirror and decides I'm good to go. All I have to do now is wait for Susan.
Fifteen minutes later, she call back and told me to meet her outside the dorm. I did as I was told and we drove off .
We kept driving until suddenly the car stopped at the front of a mall.
"A mall, seriously…… You didn't tell me we were going to the mall" I questioned.

"Well….you didn't ask" Was her reply
"Look here young lady, I'll have you know that i don't have enough cash with me. Let's just go to the park" I whines.

"No.... You're going in there and that's finally" She said not giving room for further argument.

"Yes ma'am" I grumbled.
……………………………………………………………….

Two hours of shopping and I got myself a dress while Susan got lots of stuff's.
After everything has been loaded into the car, we decide to go for lunch at one of the restaurants in the mall.
"OMG!……. I'm so tried" I sigh.

"Me too, my legs are killing me from standing too long" She cried.

"Well…. don't blame me, you were the one buying all those stuff" I told her.

She tried to say something but stop when the waiter came for our order.
"What will you ladies love to have" The waiter smiled.

"I'll have two sandwiches and a coke" Susan answered.

"I'll have the same, please" I smiled at the waiter and he returned it.

While waiting we entertained ourselves with school gossips, actually Susan did. There's nothing going on in the school that she doesn't know about.
As we were talking I turned around to view my surrounding and that's when I saw HIM.

Who do you think she saw.
Hope you guys love it .I know I make a lot of mistakes, it will get better with your help. I promise.
Thanks and please comment.
JUMKEL.

1 Like

Re: Broken Smile by jumkel(f): 7:56pm On Sep 23, 2017
I'm so sorry, i couldn't updated today. I've been sick all day. I promise to update tomorrow. Thanks. JUMKEL.
Re: Broken Smile by Mbm02: 8:16pm On Sep 23, 2017
Nice beginning
Re: Broken Smile by jumkel(f): 8:19pm On Sep 26, 2017
CHAPTER 3
Sitting two tables away from ours with four other guys, is a very handsome guy. I took a closer look at him,he has the darkest hair I've ever seen. He looks as if he came out of a magazine page.
As if he felt my eyes on him, he turned and our eyes met.
I couldn't stop staring, he's eyes were drawing me in. He has the bluest eyes I've ever seen.
None of us looked away. It was as if we were having a staring contest.
"Uh….uh" I heard someone cough. I broke eye contact to see it was Susan.
"What's wrong" I asked.
"Gosh… what's your problem?" She cried "I've been calling you for God knows how long. Only to see you staring at the school hottie over there".
"Uh… Sorry" l begged "do you know him"
"Are you seriously telling me you don't know derrick knight" She said in disbelief and I nod my head.
"My God! He is the hottest, richest and most popular guy on campus" She exclaimed." There's a lot you need to know in this school. Like the fact that he's also a playboy".
"Well.. I Dont know much but I sure know he's handsome" I stared back in his direction to find him staring back at me.
As our eyes meet, he smiled. My heart skipped a beat. At that moment I died and went to heaven.
"OMG…. Did you see that" I whispered.
"See what" She asked confused.
"He smiled at me, that guy named derrick just smiled at me" I replied.
"Okay…but why are you excited. Don't tell me you're falling for this guy" she asked.
"Don't be ridiculous" I said "how can I fall for him when I don't even know him" I lied.
Deep down I know am starting to like him or should I say it was love at first sight.
"OMG… you won't believe this" Susan whispered.
"What?" I asked.
"Don't look ,okay… derrick is coming over to our table" she said excitedly.
"OMG…. OMG …..what am gonna do, do I look fine" I panicked.
"Easy girl…. You look just fine" she calmed.
That said, my nerve calmed a little. Why is he coming over, maybe he also like me.
Before I could think of other possibilities, he was at our table.
"Hi girls" he smiled.
"Hi" we replied.
"I'm derrick… derrick knight"he said.
"I'm Melissa Adebayo and here is my friend…" I couldn't finish cause I got cut off.
"Actually…. She, has a mouth" she smiled. " I'm Susan king".
"Nice meeting you guys" he smiled and turned to me.
"Uh.. Melissa your last name is kind of different. Guess you not from here then". He said confused just as Susan was the first time.
"I get that all the time, I'm a Nigerian that's why my last name is different" I explained.
"Now I get it. You know…. I've been seeing you on campus but never got the chance to say hi" he said.
"Oh…" was all I said.
"Yeah, will you like to hang out sometimes" he asked.
"Uh… I…" I looked at Susan to see her was nodding. "Sure, we'll love to".
"Okay… I need to go back to my friends. I'll see you around" he smiled.
"Bye" I and Susan said at the same time.
"Oh..uh… Melissa can I have your number. You know so we get to talk" he asked.
Oh my God, is he serious asking for my number right now.
What do I do, should I gave him or not. I must have taken longer to answer cause Susan kicked me under the table.
"Uh…Sure, give me your phone and I'll type in my digits" I replied while glaring at Susan.
He handed over his phone and I typed it in. I gave the phone back to him and he placed in his pocket.
"Thanks… I'll see you guys later" he waved and we waved back.
"I can't believe what just happened" I said.
"Me neither, just promise me you'll be careful. You know him been a Playboy isn't just a rumor" she plead.
"I will" I promised.

That's it, hope you love it.
I'm sorry for updating so late.
Thanks and please comment.
JUMKEL.

1 Like

Re: Broken Smile by Penshalom(f): 12:40pm On Jan 08, 2018
Ma'am.. Please update o

(1) (Reply)

The Story Of My Life (episode 2) / The Tale Of A Private Lesson Teacher / Hustle, Love And S**x (complete Story)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.