Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,955 members, 7,824,994 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 10:53 PM

Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? (949 Views)

Mr Seun, I Think Now Is The Right Time To Stop Swearing On Islamic Threads. / The Rapture Will Not Happen Until Christians Have Faced The Great Tribulation / Do Christians Have To Go To Church? - Olamide Obire (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by Prognose: 9:56am On Sep 22, 2017
I was going through a topic on front-page this morning and I came across one where the Muslim Op was worried about becoming atheist. I wanted to comment when I was directed to a page stating I should declare that I am a Muslim or else I can't make a comment.
While I find such a pre-requirement interesting, what interested me more was the fact that this clause only pops up on Muslim threads but not Christian threads.

Why is this so? Is it not proper to treat all religions with the same level of decorum and respect? I suspect that the clause was put there to dissuade people of other religions which I think is a paradox in itself but no problem, should the same thing be done for Christians too or did they decline the offer? Seeking clarification.
Thanks.
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by cckris: 10:07am On Sep 22, 2017
Christian Thrive Only in Persecution. Segun is the right instrument to stregnthen Christians in Nairalamd.
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by Firstcitizen: 10:09am On Sep 22, 2017
Because Christians cannot behead those making fun of their religion or even blow up Nairaland grin

4 Likes

Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by braivheart: 10:26am On Sep 22, 2017
I was going to open a similar thread just now that's why I came to religion section.

Is the main purpose of a forum not for discussion, why is it a forum if I can't contribute.

And the topic is on the front page where everyone can see it. It doesn't make sense .

If non muslims can't comment, then it should be restricted to that section which it is meant for.

Cc: Seun lalasticlala alcatraz
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:29am On Sep 22, 2017
Prognose:
I was going through a topic on front-page this morning and I came across one where the Muslim Op was worried about becoming atheist. I wanted to comment when I was directed to a page stating I should declare that I am a Muslim or else I can't make a comment.
While I find such a pre-requirement interesting, what interested me more was the fact that this clause only pops up on Muslim threads but not Christian threads.

Why is this so? Is it not proper to treat all religions with the same level of decorum and respect? I suspect that the clause was put there to dissuade people of other religions which I think is a paradox in itself but no problem, should the same thing be done for Christians too or did they decline the offer? Seeking clarification.
Thanks.

Please join me on this petition;

https://www.nairaland.com/4071652/petition-against-religious-insensitivity-nairaland
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by Prognose: 10:45am On Sep 22, 2017
Firstcitizen:
Because Christians cannot behead those making fun of their religion or even blow up Nairaland grin

Oh
Was Seun threatened?
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by Prognose: 10:46am On Sep 22, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:

https://www.nairaland.com/4071652/petition-against-religious-insensitivity-nairaland

Is this a new development?

Why haven't Christians said anything about this?

Are there no Christian mods?
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 10:59am On Sep 22, 2017
Prognose:

Is this a new development?

Why haven't Christians said anything about this?

Are there no Christian mods?

I will like to assume that they do not understand the consequences of such insensitivity, that is why I am using this opportunity to sensitize them.
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by chynie: 11:20am On Sep 22, 2017
I suspect seun is Muslim
he protects Muslims more than Christians

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by Firstcitizen: 11:29am On Sep 22, 2017
Prognose:

Oh
Was Seun threatened?
Do you need the keeper of a blood thirsty hyena left unfed for 3 days to threaten you that the result of jumping into its enclosure could be fatal angry
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by Prognose: 11:42am On Sep 22, 2017
chynie:
I suspect seun is Muslim

I would have agreed but I think I read it somewhere where they said he's an atheist.

It looks like an apparent case of threats to me because there's no reason why he would discriminate so openly against the Christian religion if he is not a Muslim.
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 11:46am On Sep 22, 2017
chynie:
I suspect seun is Muslim

Seun is not a Muslim, in fact he comes from a good Christian background.

However, we are not to judge him by his belief - that's his personal life.

My only issue is that it's becoming rather obvious that Christianity is being ridiculed here on Nairaland.

My fellow Christian brothers and sisters, lets not permit this religious insensitivity on Nairaland.

Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by RockyEyo(m): 12:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
I equally came across a topic (https://www.nairaland.com/4064203/explanations-jesus-cross-matter) and tried posting but was blocked angry question I'd wanted to ask was; Why is Jesus so important to the Muslims? Even in their quran the name of Jesus is mentioned severally. Shey una say na Mohamed Be una own so why do you wnt to aid us in what we know already, u See the letters kill but the spirit gives life and understanding.................
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by Dantedasz(m): 12:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
My sincere advise to any Christian on this forum is to ignore such blasphemous threads that insult our religion so that they die a natural death and slip off the front page. Commenting on such threads by Christians will only keep the sacrilegious thread on the front page.
Years ago the Religion section was one until the Islamists threatened the administrator and he gave in to their threats and granted them their restricted fiefdom ruled by an ayatolah.
Ignore them.
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by Prognose: 12:41pm On Sep 22, 2017
Dantedasz:
My sincere advise to any Christian on this forum is to ignore such blasphemous threads that insult our religion so that they die a natural death and slip off the front page. Commenting on such threads by Christians will only keep the sacrilegious thread on the front page.
Years ago the Religion section was one until the Islamists threatened the administrator and he gave in to their threats and granted them their restricted fiefdom ruled by an ayatolah.
Ignore them.

Aah! I thought as much sad
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by dalaman: 12:45pm On Sep 22, 2017
That's because muslims once threatened his life some years ago by saying that he should stop allowing non muslims to use nairaland to insult their God and their prophet so he decided to create their strictly moderated section for them, even with that non muslims still went to their section to insult their God and prophet before the declaration was finally put in place.
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by Prognose: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
dalaman:
That's because muslims once threatened his life some years ago by saying that if he should stop to allowibg non muslims to use nairaland to insult their God and their prophet so he decided to create their strictly moderated section for them, even with that non muslims still went to their section to insult their God and. Prophet before the declarationwas finally put on place.

I have no problem with the Muslims having their own section but what about the Christians? Did they threaten him not to create a section for the Christians as well? He should as a matter of decency and equity do the same for Christians.

Meanwhile any Muslim reading this should be ashamed of themselves. You used force, threats and intimidation to stop people from persecuting your religion but you still criticise others. Shame on you.
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by MaziOmenuko: 12:49pm On Sep 22, 2017
Prognose:

Oh
Was Seun threatened?

Ah! U guys are new here? Seun was threatened with fire and brimestone even in real life. But why will you guys want a different section? Don't you see how boring their section is? You guys will be bored of kissing each others ar'se. Just stay here and preach the gospel to us and try to clear some of our doubts.
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by Prognose: 12:52pm On Sep 22, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Ah! U guys are new here? Seun was threatened with fire and brimestone even in real life. But why will you guys want a different section? Don't you see how boring their section is? You guys will be bored of kissing each others ar'se. Just stay here and preach the gospel to us and try to clear some of our doubts.

Yeah, I figured as much. A religion of peace indeed. There's no way that even a decent Muslim would allow this kind of bias. I feel sorry for the administrator.

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by dalaman: 12:54pm On Sep 22, 2017
Prognose:

I have no problem with the Muslims having their own section but what about the Christians? Did they threaten him not to create a section for the Christians as well? He should as a matter of decency and equity do the same for Christians.

Meanwhile any Muslim reading this should be ashamed of themselves. You used force, threats and intimidation to stop people from persecuting your religion but you still criticise others. Shame on you.

Many christians have threatened nairaland as well only that in their own case they openly prayed to their God to destroy the site and stop it from functioning for all the blasphemy from non christians. Non has threatened his life personally like the Islamist.
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by hahn(m): 1:06pm On Sep 22, 2017
MaziOmenuko:

Actually a Christian section will be much fun because of the numerous denominations and disagreements over the interpretations of the scriptures

Personally I will be happy because they can keep their nonsense to themselves smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:07pm On Sep 22, 2017
Even if there was a threat, which isn't unimaginable; Seun should make it so on both religions.

Simple!

I don't like us making excuses! Christians are easily scared. I am not!

If after being diplomatic and unbias anyone threatens me or my family in the name of religion - I promise you he or she is gone!

One babalawo dude tried it with me on NL some years back, he went to the point of chanting incantations and telling me the royal families he will send after me; by the time I was done with him and the Royal occultic families, he apologised to me here publicly saying that my Christianity is different oo!

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by Prognose: 1:24pm On Sep 22, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:
Even if there was a threat, which isn't unimaginable; Seun should make it so on both religions.

Simple!

I don't like us making excuses! Christians are easily scared. I am not!

If after being diplomatic and unbias anyone threatens me or my family in the name of religion - I promise you he or she is gone!

One babalawo dude tried it with me on NL some years back, he went to the point of chanting incantations and telling me the royal families he will send after me; by the time I was done with him and the Royal occultic families, he apologised to me here publicly saying that my Christianity is different oo!

I respect your position.

However not everybody can be as brave as you bro.

You don't know the extent to which the administrator Seun was threatened, maybe even his mods too.

His doing their bidding might be cowardly but you can't judge him because of it.

I however think nothing stops him from creating a Christian section if they will allow him.
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 1:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
Prognose:

I respect your position.

However not everybody can be as brave as you bro.

You don't know the extent to which the administrator Seun was threatened, maybe even his mods too.

His doing their bidding might be cowardly but you can't judge him because of it.

I however think nothing stops him from creating a Christian section if they will allow him.

Speaking of boldness, I wasn't referring to Seun and his team. I was talking to Christians in general.

Whatever happened to "The righteous is as bold as a lion"?

You will agree with me that Christians are swift to step back when confrontations begin, it shouldn't always be my brother.

1 Like

Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by watchwoman(f): 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
This scenario here on Nairaland reminds me of the opening in George Orwell's Animal farm "all animals are equal but some are more equal than the others"

Similarly on Nairaland, All religious beliefs are equal but some beliefs are more equal than the others.
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by watchwoman(f): 2:22pm On Sep 22, 2017
GlorifiedTunde:

Aha, it has been removed. Lord have mercy!
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by dalaman: 2:23pm On Sep 22, 2017
watchwoman:
This scenario here on Nairaland reminds me of the opening in George Orwell's Animal farm "all animals are equal but some are more equal than the others"

Similarly on Nairaland[b], All religious beliefs are equal but some beliefs are more equal than the others[/b].

No, some religions are more violent than others.
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:00pm On Sep 22, 2017
watchwoman:

Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by GlorifiedTunde(m): 4:02pm On Sep 22, 2017
watchwoman:

I see it has been removed.

The topic I however campaigned should be removed is still there despite many Christians are hurting.

Nairaland is filled with so much bigotry.

Lets see how long this will last!!!

Prognose
Dalaman
Re: Mr Seun, Why Don't Christians Have Their Own Declaration Page? by CoolUsername: 8:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
Because modern Christianity is less than violent than modern Islam. By moving to a private section, the Muslims in this forum have admitted that Islam is a weak ideology that can't stand up to criticism or mockery. Christianity being in the public section is a triumph for the religion over Islam.

NL isn't discriminating against Christianity, it was bullied into accepting the Muslim users' demands through threats of violence.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerians Are Too Religious To Progress_Radio Presenter Michael Effiong / What Is The Exact Work Of Protocols In Church / I Have A Question For Christian Scholars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.