Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,790 members, 7,831,553 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:53 PM

Do We Need Polytechnic Education In Nigeria - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Do We Need Polytechnic Education In Nigeria (655 Views)

No More HND! FG Scraps Polytechnic Education In Nigeria / Polytechnic Education In Nigeria Is Endangered! / The Dwindling Fortune Of Polytechnic Education In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do We Need Polytechnic Education In Nigeria by Shizolaalasoa(m): 10:49am On Sep 22, 2017
I am of the candid opinion that the federal government should start looking at abolishing polytechnic education in the country.

Pause before getting mad at my thought about this unpopular but realistic projection. I am a product of one of the prestigious and reputable polytechnics we have in this country Nigeria. Nevertheless, I still will not shy away from telling the truth as per difficult challenges polytechnic graduate are subject to.

Yes, an education they say doesn't matter how and where you get it from as the case of the institution but as far as you are an educated, certified and be a literate to some large extent then you have an upper hand in the society.

I am a product of polytechnic education by accident and not by desire and I am sure this is the case of many polytechnic undergraduates, graduates and admission seekers who may end up in the unprecedented educational system in the country.

We call for the celebration of a successful journey of five years plus (INDUSTRIAL ATTACHMENT), celebrating hard work, dedication and academic per excellence over the period. Fast forward to the labor market where the real challenges lie, facing your counterpart in the hustle and fight to secure a dream job.

Here, I have come to grasp that a polytechnic graduate now turns a third-class citizen in recruitment process behind the foreign and indigenous graduates of Universities across states. This is one out of numerous academic inferiority and challenges polytechnic graduate are subject to and if measures are not taken to subsidies or possibly eliminate completely, the future of polytechnic education in the country may likely be a thing of no more interest and that may leave the government with huge loss of revenue and possibly technical abilities that are produced as a result of the practical research works periodically embarked by institutions like polytechnics which provides solutions to questions with respect to where possible solution lies.

Polytechnic graduates are left with the sense of unwanted in the Nigeria labor market and at this expense, seeking more knowledge in a conversion of a polytechnic certificate to a degree remains a forecast of polytechnic graduate..........

LET ME PAUSE HERE ..... PART TWO ON ITS WAY IN A BIT.
Re: Do We Need Polytechnic Education In Nigeria by Nobody: 1:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
the country that introduce the system to us has since converted their polytechnics to universities.

there is no need to say poly should stand par with uni but the fg should likewise convert all polytechnics to universities. after all, the purpose of creating the system has long been defeated.
Re: Do We Need Polytechnic Education In Nigeria by Julietm(f): 1:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
My brother, please do not complain because nobody will hear you. Just go pay the prize by going back to school through direct entry. I have applied for this year DE though its not easy after graduation but let go all odd and go for it and smile in no distance time

(1) (Reply)

How To Start College Career / COOU Admission List 2017/2018 Released Online / Unilag On Shutdown As Nasu Resumes Strike Action

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.