Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,820 members, 7,810,148 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:46 PM

Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? (1107 Views)

Chasing Love (A Clean Romance Novella) On Okada Books / Is Publishing On Okada Books Profitable? / Get Free Book On Okada Books Now! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by kayo80(m): 1:40pm On Sep 22, 2017
To the writers in the house, do you have books published on Okada books? If you do, can you please come and speak on the success rate on the platform. I am thinking of using the platform, but i am not really feeling the payment mode. I have dozens of friends that would love to buy my book, but that payment mode might put them off.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by inkdbetty(f): 2:14pm On Sep 22, 2017
I have one book on OKADABOOKS sha, but the idea of going through the whole process of creating an account and all those little things might stress people out, and since i had dropped the link, nobody downloaded it, nobody without an account bothered.

I had to use the email method, the book is free though but i know people that i have used the email method and profited.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by inkdbetty(f): 2:16pm On Sep 22, 2017
Still I have seen books that have witnessed 50+ downloads. Beware though, there are conditions to cashing out on your profit.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by Divepen1(m): 2:25pm On Sep 22, 2017
inkdbetty:
I have one book on OKADABOOKS sha, but the idea of going through the whole process of creating an account and all those little things might stress people out, and since i had dropped the link, nobody downloaded it, nobody without an account bothered.

I had to use the email method, the book is free though but i know people that i have used the email method and profited.

If it suits you, you can try this out.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by Divepen1(m): 2:26pm On Sep 22, 2017
kayo80:
To the writers in the house, do you have books published on Okada books? If you do, can you please come and speak on the success rate on the platform. I am thinking of using the platform, but i am not really feeling the payment mode. I have dozens of friends that would love to buy my book, but that payment mode might put them off.
What do you mean by payment mode?
I know they allow banks, and voucher.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by inkdbetty(f): 2:30pm On Sep 22, 2017
Divepen1:
If it suits you, you can try this out.
Try What Out? smiley
Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by Divepen1(m): 2:31pm On Sep 22, 2017
Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by kayo80(m): 2:32pm On Sep 22, 2017
Divepen1:
What do you mean by payment mode?
I know they allow banks, and voucher.

You have to open an account with them to buy the book, not everyone has patience for stuff like that. This is one of the reasons they are still recording really low sales on the platform.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by kayo80(m): 2:33pm On Sep 22, 2017
inkdbetty:

That's the issue...i mean the long process of creating an account and all that. It is a big issue. If i had a hedge fund to invest in my idea for an online bookstore, the main thing i will work is on making the payment method as simple as possible.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by Divepen1(m): 2:35pm On Sep 22, 2017
kayo80:

You have to open an account with them to buy the book, not everyone has patience for stuff like that. This is one of the reasons they are still recording really low sales on the platform.
I understand. But I know it has really prevented a lot of plagiarism... People have no fear of seeing their books on any funky website...
Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by kayo80(m): 2:37pm On Sep 22, 2017
inkdbetty:
Still I have seen books that have witnessed 50+ downloads. Beware though, there are conditions to cashing out on your profit.

50+ sales total. That is what some people sell in a week or a month on apple's ibooks store or amazon. Granted those ecommerce platforms are bigger, but okada books still can work on their plaform to make books sell more on their plaform. Come on! Nigeria is the most populated black nation on the planet. 180 million people no be beans.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by kayo80(m): 2:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
Divepen1:
I understand. But I know it has really prevented a lot of plagiarism... People have no fear of seeing their books on any funky website...

Okay.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by boldndbeautiful(f): 2:47pm On Sep 22, 2017
Divepen1:

what you said is true, but also a patient plagiarists can still open each page and type it out. It only takes the grace of God for them to be blind to your work.
Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by Divepen1(m): 2:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
boldndbeautiful:

what you said is true, but also a patient plagiarists can still open each page and type it out. It only takes the grace of God for them to be blind to your work.
Amen oo... That's true though...
Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by inkdbetty(f): 3:10pm On Sep 22, 2017
kayo80:

That's the issue...i mean the long process of creating an account and all that. It is a big issue. If i had a hedge fund to invest in my idea for an online bookstore, the main thing i will work is on making the payment method as simple as possible.

They should not make it compulsory, but make it possible that one can download it unto their phones, and anybody who wants to publish a book can create account. The stress is discouraging.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Had Success On Okada Books? by kayo80(m): 4:51pm On Sep 22, 2017
inkdbetty:

They should not make it compulsory, but make it possible that one can download it unto their phones, and anybody who wants to publish a book can create account. The stress is discouraging.

Yes.

(1) (Reply)

Demon Hybrid / Vacancies For Writers / Fantasy Island: A Fantasy Novel About Four Children Who Went To A Holiday Camp

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.