Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,425 members, 7,819,542 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:48 PM

Why Do We(igbos) Love Speaking English Language To Our Fellow Igbos? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Do We(igbos) Love Speaking English Language To Our Fellow Igbos? (998 Views)

Top Most Common 100 Ebira Words And Their Meanings In English Language / Beautiful Russian Girls Speaking Igbo & Dancing Ogene / As A Nigerian-american, I Would Like Insight On Which Language To Learn (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Do We(igbos) Love Speaking English Language To Our Fellow Igbos? by Kulas: 5:50pm On Sep 22, 2017
One of the reasons i love Yoruba and Hausas is the way they speak their language to their fellow tribes anywhere they encounter them,whether in an office environments,ministries,church,market places etc.Even if its an ordinary person that have an appointment with any of the big wigs in the society,once they know they are both from Yoruba or Hausa,they will speak their language.Same applies to talking to their opposite sex.
But i get pissed off that an Igbo person will meet fellow igbo and initiate igbo language with him or her only for the person to start speaking English.Its very embarrassing,that most times you may meet a high ranking igbo person even in some offices and will speak igbo for person only for him/her to turn you down and start speaking English.Same also applies to opposite sex.Why should this be so?.Are we not proud of our language?,I am a natural proud Igbo man and i got annoyed anytime i encounter such an attitude from our people.Why do igbos love speaking English Language to their fellow igbos instead of their local language?

2 Likes

Re: Why Do We(igbos) Love Speaking English Language To Our Fellow Igbos? by CaptainG00D: 5:53pm On Sep 22, 2017
Sharap its an individual thing not tribe.
I blow my laguage withy peepz.

I dnt know why u nigerians ar so dump.

Re: Why Do We(igbos) Love Speaking English Language To Our Fellow Igbos? by Nobody: 6:08pm On Sep 22, 2017
Ibo girls only speak igbo when you are hittin' d spot while bangin' them mercilessly.

"Yeh! Yeh! Chi m ooo!"

"A nwu go m oooo!"

"Jesus! Jesus! Obara Jesus!"

"Wepu! wepu!! Otu m abagho oku ooooo!"

"Chukwudi! Chukwu... I choziri gbu m e gbu?!"

Shioor.

3 Likes

Re: Why Do We(igbos) Love Speaking English Language To Our Fellow Igbos? by BALLOSKI: 6:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
Because they're flom(from) islel(Israel) and islel na flend (friend) of ingrish(English) people.

Na fun to use their igbo-accented voice to devour English. grin
Re: Why Do We(igbos) Love Speaking English Language To Our Fellow Igbos? by BALLOSKI: 6:15pm On Sep 22, 2017
ShyCypher:
Ibo girls only speak igbo when you are hittin' d spot while bangin' them mercilessly.

"Yeh! Yeh! Chi m ooo!"

"A nwu go m oooo!"

Shioor.
I miss umuahia girls. You're very right.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We(igbos) Love Speaking English Language To Our Fellow Igbos? by Kylekent59: 6:17pm On Sep 22, 2017
Nkita lashakwa op ikeh grin grin
Re: Why Do We(igbos) Love Speaking English Language To Our Fellow Igbos? by Nobody: 6:18pm On Sep 22, 2017
ShyCypher:

"Yeh! Yeh! Chi m ooo!"

"A nwu go m oooo!"

Shioor.
you mean igbo girls are sweet?
Re: Why Do We(igbos) Love Speaking English Language To Our Fellow Igbos? by scholes0(m): 6:22pm On Sep 22, 2017
Some Yorubas are even slacking these days sef.

Give it to the Hausas when it comes to language Vibrancy.

1 Like

Re: Why Do We(igbos) Love Speaking English Language To Our Fellow Igbos? by Homeboiy: 6:22pm On Sep 22, 2017
Especially y the Igbo girls in Benin
They too like to dey form
Re: Why Do We(igbos) Love Speaking English Language To Our Fellow Igbos? by Cuddlebugie(f): 7:38pm On Sep 22, 2017
Did I just see Yoruba mentioned in your post......Yorubas don't shy away from speaking their mother tongue? Is it the same Yorubas that have declared on unending war on their mother tongue? The ones who'd rather speak foreign tongues than speak their native language? Don't get me started on the attitude of the educated Yorubas towards our mother tongue.........
The negative attitude towards ones indigenous language is not just an igbo "thing", it's a Nigeria "thing". Majority of Nigerians are guilty of this. The educated ones who are supposed to be the repository of their indigenous languages are the ones who have alienated themselves from their own language.

(1) (Reply)

Need Help With The Significance Of A Certain Tribal Mark / . / Can Naija's Young Girls Do This?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.