Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,084 members, 7,821,741 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 05:41 PM

Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile (2258 Views)

Manual Internet Settings & APN Of Etisalat, Glo, MTN, Airtel - Dtech IT Solution / How To Make Glo Network Browsing Speed Fast Like Mtn,etisalat / How To Opt Out Of Etisalat (9mobile) Data Plan Auto-renewal (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by Askubur(m): 6:03pm On Sep 23, 2017
Serious error new owner of Etisalat made by branding the Network “9mobile” (Naija mobile)
Read this error that might fade the dream of this company.

First of all it is the goal of every company, be it large or small to dominate the market, develop, be the star and the giant among its competitors by winning the heart of the consumers through effectives and qualitative services/products that will satisfy that customer adequately. More especially Mobile Telecommunication with their growing in numbers and are highly competitive, each and every one of them doing its best it can to deliver qualitative and affordable services to capture the consumers.
Among the dream of a mobile network company is to see itself expand by making the network service across the globe. Let’s take MTN as an example; MTN is a mobile network (Telecommunication) company owned by South Africans but a lot of people don’t know that maybe some until during the xenophobia attack in which Nigerians in retaliation give MTN notice to vacate Nigeria because Nigerians are also among the victims of that attack (I prayed it should never happen again AMEEN), so maybe until that time some knew “aahhhsooMTN belongs to south Africa” (Lesson 1 not to brand your company with your country name). But MTN has been successful since it can able to provide services not only in Africa but also in Asia and some other continents, same thing goes to Globacom Limited (GLO) a Nigerian multinational telecommunication company which is owned by Nigerians currently operates in four countries in west Africa namely Nigeria, Republic of Benin, Ghana and Cote d’voire, you see this is a success but is there anything “Nigeria” in the word “Globacom” NO.. I am not saying you should hide the ownership NO.
Why will you brand your company with your country name with this high number of Racism, Tribalism among others. I knew “9mobile” (Naijamobile) has a dream of expanding and go even beyond Africa (which I pray they should and be successful in that AMEEN) as I said it early is the goal and dream of every successful company. Every country has enemy and Nigeria is a victim of having unpatriotic citizens such as [b] Yahoo Boys, Kidnappers, drug dealers and many more [/b]who are bad ambassadors of this great nation Nigeria which is really affecting Nigerians in Diaspora and its investors. Ones they saw that word “Naijamobile” some negative thought will start to develop from the mind of this people who think ALL Nigerians are bad and are the same (which is not true). Note: whether the name of the country from which this Telecommunication Company is revealed or not in the brand, will always be known, but why do you need to put that, it doesn’t add-up. I personally did survey as a recent graduate of Computer Engineering including some of my little experience in Entrepreneurship I gain during YES-P (Youth Enterpreneuship Support Programm) and some of my critical thinking I used to do. I hope “9mobile” (Niajamobile) will find this write-up of mine and make positive action on it, I maybe also wrong as a human because of lack of understanding, is a natural thing. GOODLUCK

Facebook: Al-amin Zanna
Twitter/Instagram: @alaminzanna
Email: alaminz544@gmail.com
Cc: Lalasticlala, Seun, LadyF, Smelly Mouth, tosyne2much

1 Like

Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by profstar(m): 6:13pm On Sep 23, 2017
After all you said, I will tell you, the concept 9mobile is the most strategic concept they could come up with at this crucial point. Yeah you heard me.

Before you oppose, check the following:

The "9mobile" concept is both short term and long time, its like a chess game, you need some pieces more in the short run than the long run, if they however, have longevity, then they can be maintained but in a tight corner in the future, you sacrifice them.

What am I trying to say,

9mobile right now is currently at a life threatening state and they need a backbone, they need to leverage on something (short term), what else is there to leverage on? If not the single thing that made their competitor (MTN) the biggest in Africa!

In every business you become preferred when you build your strong point on your opponent's weak point!- Samson Oke (Profstar)

Since most Nigerians got to know that MTN is southafrican, there have been a second thought on boycotting, through complete replacement of sim, porting, etc but its not at it's height right now (because of their good service and low friction between the 2 countries), now, the worst the relationship between the 2 countries goes in general (we don't pray for negativity though), the more stressful business becomes for MTN and when that happens 9mobile will be the first thought for Nigerian consumer crossing to a more indigenous service, now imagine what that will means for 9mobile. It is simply leveraging on your opponent's weakpoint.

Now to your long term,
The main name is "9" mobile not "naija" mobile, and 9 is an English numerical value which can stand for anything, so it's meaning can be easily diversified and the naija part to it silenced!!
E.g in some general context, 9 stand for "completeness" so it could easily be represented as:
"9mobile. ...the complete Mobile!"

Wow, right?

I can keep going on and on.
I so much love the concept and I even personally have an idea to share with them, my day job has not been giving me time to go and present it. When I do and it's accepted, you will have no choice than the 9 mobile choice, cool

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by Nutase: 6:18pm On Sep 23, 2017
tongue

1 Like

Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by Lovetinz(m): 7:06pm On Sep 23, 2017
The group that renamed it 9mobile are the creditors of the defunct etisalat.
They are not a communications group.
The name 9mobile is a 'holding name'

As soon as they can find a buyer to sell to,
the company will be re-branded.

Econet-Vmobile-Zain-Airtel is an example.

1 Like

Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by NaijaTechGuy(m): 7:23pm On Sep 23, 2017
I actually don't think 9mobile will actually expand using the name Naija Mobile.. If they move to Ghana and South Africa , You'll see something like 9mobile GH and 9mobile SA.

Nobody will know if it's 9mobile or NaijaMobile
All the same we need better broadband services so I'm praying a foreign company buys them off, either T-mobile, Verizon , Vodacom or Vodafone.

1 Like

Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by Nobody: 7:29pm On Sep 23, 2017
But the deed has been done
Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by olayinkajnr(m): 8:48pm On Sep 23, 2017
Nonsense analysis.
Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by ITbomb(m): 9:36pm On Sep 23, 2017
They called themselves 9mobile and you are cooking up naija mobile..
Show me a picture of where they call themselves Naija mobile

6 Likes

Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by Nobody: 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2017
Dullard who doesnr understand corporate finance
Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by webincomeplus(m): 12:21am On Sep 24, 2017
Who is the dumb writer of this article? The name "9mobile" was given simply because the company was taken over by 9 banks, not because it has to do with Nigeria. Yet, the writer not only cooked up a shitty addition to the name (Naija mobile), but also tried hard to force his own ignorance down our throats by repeating it persistently within the article.

It beats my imagination how some Nigerians quickly "dive" into conclusion. So, because it's "9", it has to be "Naija". If not that it's common knowledge that MTN is a South African company, dumbasses like the writer of this crap would have said the "N" in MTN stands for Nigeria.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by palearab: 6:56am On Sep 24, 2017
webincomeplus:
Who is the dumb writer of this article? The name "9mobile" was given simply because the company was taken over by 9 banks, not because it has to do with Nigeria. Yet, the writer not only cooked up a shitty addition to the name (Naija mobile), but also tried hard to force his own ignorance down our throats by repeating it persistently within the article.

It beats my imagination how some Nigerians quickly "dive" into conclusion. So, because it's "9", it has to be "Naija". If not that it's common knowledge that MTN is a South African company, dumbasses like the writer of this crap would have said the "N" in [b]MTN stands for Nigeria.

[/b]Hahahahaha your so funny you crack me up big time!

1 Like

Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by muhdzed(m): 8:59am On Sep 24, 2017
Hi everyone,
I sell MTN data at affordable rate
1GB 600
2GB 1200
3GB 1800
5GB 3200

I'm not scam

Call/ Whatsapp me; 08100276696

Send me your whatsapp number please
Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by modik(m): 9:33am On Sep 24, 2017
Crap!
Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by femidejulius(m): 10:16am On Sep 24, 2017
I won't call your write up crap because we can only write about what we know.

From the first day mtn came to Nigeria, a lot of educated people know they are from South Africa. As for the choice of name, 9 mobile has no name related to Nigeria. 9 could mean anything. A lot of national companies name businesses after the names of the countries with no problem. Have you ever heard of Ethiopia Airlines, Kenya Airlines, Rwanda Airlines, Qatar Airlines etc etc?
Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by lenghtinny(m): 10:19am On Sep 24, 2017
NaijaTechGuy:
I actually don't think 9mobile will actually expand using the name Naija Mobile.. If they move to Ghana and South Africa , You'll see something like 9mobile GH and 9mobile SA.

Nobody will know if it's 9mobile or NaijaMobile
All the same we need better broadband services so I'm praying a foreign company buys them off, either T-mobile, Verizon , Vodacom or Vodafone.
The name 9mobile wasn't derived from naija...
Their predecessor used the 0809ja format. I guess it's just coincidence
Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by casanova96(m): 10:49am On Sep 24, 2017
Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by kalufelix(m): 12:43pm On Sep 24, 2017
9 Mobile 6 Mobile Or Whatever Nomencleture Why Couldnt They Continue Operation With The Etisalat Standards..After Dumping MTN(fraudsters) For Close To 5 Years Now Am Tempted To Go Back To My Vormit..
But I Cant .I'd Rather Get A Glo Sim. Etisalat Fall My Hands

#boycottMTN

#boycottDSTV
Re: Serious Error New Owner Of Etisalat Made By Branding The Network 9mobile by Nobody: 12:57pm On Sep 24, 2017
What,Op? Are you trying to re-christen or rename the company? It's 9mobile and nothing more. Or where did you pick the naija bit from?

(1) (Reply)

Where Is Misstechy / How To Check If Your Itel Phone Or Battery Is Original / Itel S13 Smartphone Review

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.