Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,615 members, 7,809,255 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:51 AM

What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation (9077 Views)

Kenya Lawyer Seus Italy And Isreal For Unlawful Trial And Crucifixion Of Jesus / Test, Trials And Temptation / What Is The Difference Between A Pastor And A Prophet? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by mcfynest(m): 7:34am On Sep 24, 2017
. James 1:13 KJVS
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by amicable09(f): 7:40am On Sep 24, 2017
9japrof:
Since today is Sunday, I guess you are asking in a religious setting.

Well they nearly mean the same thing, depending on the context being used

Trials can be more direct attacks like persecution from the state or civil society

Temptations are more subtle in the nature, since they don't usually come in frontal attacks, like the allure of sexual immorality, dishonesty, materialism etc
Okay, seen the modified.
But I understand trials as the test of our faith. The Bible says the trying of our faith works patience (James 1:3). It's a good thing unlike temptation.

God doesn't tempt. Still James talks about how temptation come about. James 1:14. I love that verse very much because it simplified temptation for me.

Compare both scriptures and you'll get a better understanding of those two words. Then of course you'll appreciate trials more cheesy
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by amicable09(f): 7:42am On Sep 24, 2017
mcfynest:
. James 1:13 KJVS
Let no man say when he is tempted, I am tempted of God: for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man:
The spirit is one cheesy

God I've missed Bible discussions!

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by trinity11(m): 7:45am On Sep 24, 2017
mesoprogress:
Trial - facing difficult conditions which could include temptation. Paul faced trials while preaching, from insults, imprisonment, poverty, shipwreck etc. These are trials that can make someone give up on his goals

Temptation - being in a position to sin. Joseph's temptation by portipha's wife. Judas tempted with money to sell his master. Urge to drink or smoke is a temptation, definitely not trial for example.

I dnt agree with this. my reason is that there are things you can resist without anyone telling you to, "ethics" just to knw what is right from what is wrong.

smoking like you referenced is obviously not good for your heart and you knw this, therefore if anyone should try to convince you to smoke, its nothing but a mere trial which you can avoid without hesitation. that's my take on trial.

But temptation my brother, that is where your faith will come into play ( your Christian or muslim faith etc).

One thing you should also know about temptation is that its comes in an enticing manner, kind of mouth watering, attractive which are meant to sweep you off your feet if you are carried away by some of its offer. And these are the same offers that carries spiritual implication if you should fall for it.

My view though
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by jinka(m): 7:46am On Sep 24, 2017
why will God put His servant under trial when He already knows the outcome of it .
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by grad: 7:48am On Sep 24, 2017
I will say trial is a situation (usually difficult and chaotic) which one passes over a period of time to be tested and note that God can allow the devil to put one into trial just like Job, while temptation is just an act of being lured into doing evil. so temptations are usually present in trial situations, and temptations can just come instantaneously, just like when being tempted to steal, fornicate, etc
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by jtjohn(m): 7:48am On Sep 24, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
Nairalanders please i need your wonderful help, have come across this two words which seems to have the same meaning
WHAT IS THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN TRIAL AND TEMPTATION.
Trial: is of God (Example was Job in the Bible)... Temptation: is of Satan (Example is our Lord Jesus when Satan ask him to turn stone into bread)
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by femi4: 7:58am On Sep 24, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
Nairalanders please i need your wonderful help, have come across this two words which seems to have the same meaning
Trial is from God while temptation is from the devil.

Trial: Abraham on his way to sacrifice his son

Temptation: Jesus Christ experience in the wilderness after fasting
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by femi4: 8:00am On Sep 24, 2017
jinka:
why will God put His servant under trial when He already knows the outcome of it .
Can a clay say to the master: Why did you make me like this
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by gfullmoon(m): 8:02am On Sep 24, 2017
elibest360:
Trials come from God.
Temptations come from the devil.
Simple..

Read or meditate on this Bible Verses
JAMES 1:13-14
13 When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone.
14 But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire.

It is in human to always think we are being tried by God, even Job thought that way till it became known to him that Satan was the cause of his trials.

Temptation and trial almost meant the same thing.

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by gfullmoon(m): 8:12am On Sep 24, 2017
Let us Read or meditate on this Bible Verses, it answers the question.

JAMES 1:13-14
13 When under trial, let no one say: “I am being tried by God.” For with evil things God cannot be tried, nor does he himself try anyone.
14 But each one is tried by being drawn out and enticed by his own desire.

It is in human to always think we are being tried by God, even Job thought that way till it became known to him that Satan was the cause of his trials.

Temptation and trial almost meant the same thing.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by freshvine(f): 8:54am On Sep 24, 2017
Trial = hardship, suffering.

Temptation = sin.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by olowobaba10: 9:04am On Sep 24, 2017
Temptation is a trial of faith and every trial is a temptation
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by dandollaz: 9:15am On Sep 24, 2017
Trial has no choice but you choose to be tempted.

In trail you have to go tru difficult situation to pass or fail but in temptation you can choose to avoid it whether difficult or easy but has consequence when you fail.

When there is no money is trail time but when money come you are tempted.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Greatcarly1: 9:23am On Sep 24, 2017
Trials are test while yielding to the test may be falling into temptation
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by omojeesu(m): 9:39am On Sep 24, 2017
Omuneizzy6:

1) Both test your faith.

2) Trial tests your faith in God despite facing hardships such as being under persecution (e.g. Paul) or severe illness (e.g. Job)

3) Temptation tests your faith over sin e.g. Joseph was tempted by his master's wife to commit fornication.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Bunker1(m): 11:00am On Sep 24, 2017
Trial comes natural but temptation comes from the Devil.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Fortunesmart(m): 1:06pm On Sep 24, 2017
The difference is that trial may come but once but temptation is a constant process.

Let me explain to is all.
Let's look at this in the aspect of Academics.

In secondary school level.
At the end of every class there is a quiz question..
This explains #Temptation.

But to go from one level to another, a student must pass there examination.
That is to say, to enter university from secondary level a student must pass O'Level exams.
Which comes but once in life time.
This is trial.
Trial is a final test that gives an individual access to another level in life.
It's comes at the end of so many temptations.

I hope someone understood this information?

1 Like

Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Yusluv13(m): 1:17pm On Sep 24, 2017
familiar example about trial and temptation was the case of Yusuf or Joseph. he was on trial with his handsome outlook and the wife of the king wish to have sex with him may be he can have child looks like him, and God has warned us against fornication, so shaytan tempted him that this is free opportunity for you to get wat you want, *freedom* and opportunity to get wealth in the palace. he desisted the whisper of shaytan temptation and pass the God trial.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by gemale(m): 1:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
Smartini:
Both trials and temptations come from the Devil (James 1:13). Both are tests of faith and you can be stronger if you overcome then. God is not responsible for any. He just lets it happen. In my opinion, the only difference between trial and temptation is that trial seems to produce mental and physical agony, whether mild or severe, while temptation plays with your fleshly desires and gives you the impression that you're missing out on something amazing.
I agree with you except for the aspect of trials not being from God. Didn't Jesus pass through the trials & tribulation of the cross? Wasn't that ordained by God for Him? Trials are sometimes tools God uses to purify us, to teach us & to rid us of the toxic baggage of self. It build character & spirituality in us if correctly taken by us. Why did paul say in romans 5:3 that he gloried in tribulation? If 1 doesn't pass through trials, 1 cant be an overcomer. We have to be tested & trials are very good at that. It reveals our true motives for serving God, whether commitment or convenience.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by tranxo(m): 1:58pm On Sep 24, 2017
Omuneizzy6:
Trials are meant to make us stronger.

Temptations are meant to make us fall.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by tete7000(m): 2:00pm On Sep 24, 2017
gemale:

I agree with you except for the aspect of trials not being from God. Didn't Jesus pass through the trials & tribulation of the cross? Wasn't that ordained by God for Him? Trials are sometimes tools God uses to purify us, to teach us & to rid us of the toxic baggage of self. It build character & spirituality in us if correctly taken by us. Why did paul say in romans 5:3 that he gloried in tribulation? If 1 doesn't pass through trials, 1 cant be an overcomer. We have to be tested & trials are very good at that. It reveals our true motives for serving God, whether commitment or convenience.

Maybe God permits the devil to try us, not that he try us himself. God allowed Jesus be crucified because it is the only way our salvation is wrought. We still can't say God crucified Christ. God doesn't do evil but can turn everything that has an appearance of evil to the good of his own.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Nnamaka1: 3:12pm On Sep 24, 2017
Trials test your faith in God Almighty while Temptation test your WILL power over flesh desire.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by odaniel1(m): 3:54pm On Sep 24, 2017
TEMPTATION is a form of TRIAL
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Checked86: 4:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
Trial happens to you while you 'happen' to temptation. In trial, you have no choice when it comes but in temptation, you have choice but due to some reasons, you fell into it
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by ggoldmine: 5:09pm On Sep 24, 2017
Omuneizzy6:

Trials are more like challenges God places in our way to make us stronger and Trust Him more.

We're tempted by the things we lust after, not from God.
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by gbengulonice(m): 5:15pm On Sep 24, 2017
great topic.....tnks
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by tjdimmy(m): 1:24pm On Sep 25, 2017
t
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by bacladtv(m): 4:39pm On Sep 18, 2019
BackToLife:
Temptation is temporal, trial is constant. To have deeper understanding read: https://www.nairaland.com/4075132/what-everybody-should-know-cultism#60775884

SPECIAL INVITATION OF HEBREW ISREALITE BROTHERS AND SISTERS OF WEST AFRICA ON NAIRALAND

This is to use this opportunity to Thank YAH /GOD Almighty our Heavenly Father our Creator and Creator of Heaven and Earth for the great work of trying to WAKEUP our AFRICAN HEBREW ISRAELITE to know about our biblical forgot or lost Identity and forgot or lost Heritage which was prophecy in the bible that Israelite will loose their Identity and Heritage and our forgot/ lost IDENTITY / HERITAGE / which is to KEEP YAH/GOD LAW and FAITH in CHRIST/YESHUA

Please let come together and be of encouragement to each other because it can be very lonely on this journey of KEEPING YAH/GOD COMMANDMENT as HEBREW ISRAELITE because not many of Africa Hebrew Israelite are interested to WAKEUP to accept that we are the Biblical Hebrew Israelite of the Bible.

Please as African Hebrew Israelite Brothers and Sisters our coming together will help us to help each other like d early church in d Book of ACT OF APOSTLE because no one was hungry or lack among them because they are share what they have together and we can also work together as a team to WAKEUP our other AFRICA HEBREW ISRAELITE Brother and Sister that are still asleep through prayer and also feeding d poor.

Please our coming together will also help us to learn from each other biblical our forgot biblical Identity and Heritage and please I beg us not let our differences of in our believe put us away from each other because we are all searching biblical truth that we lost/forgot and we need each other.

Please I will like to suggest if we can FORM A WHATSAPP / SKYPE GROUP so that we can use it to KEEP THE SABBATH / FEAST WORSHIP/ FELLOWSHIP TOGETHER and share biblical scripture to keep Yah/God Command and Faith in Christ Yeshua.

IMPORTANT INFORMATION

Please our POWER is in KEEPING YAH/GOD LAW and FAITH in CHRIST/YESHUA blc according to d scripture in d book Revelation 2:14 about Balaam because Balaam was unable to curse Ancient Hebrew Israelite our forefather in wilderness until BALAAM REVEAL THEY MAKE THEM BREAK YAY/GOD COMMANDMENT IN TORAH and this is why AFRICAN COUNTRIES is suffering today because Devil has TWISTED BIBLE to continue to make us to BREAK YAH/GOD COMMANDMENT in the CHURCHES Because African Hebrew Hebrew Isrealite are d only people on earth SUFFERING FROM CURSE OF DEUTERONOMY 28:15- 68 Because we refuse to keep Yah/God Commandment and Faith Christ/Yeshua because this is why GENTILE NATION ARE SUCCEEDING and PROSPEROUS Because YAH/GOD COMMANDMENT WAS NOT GIVEN TO THEM.

BELOW ARE SUPPORTED BIBLE REFERENCES THAT WE NEED TO KEEP GOD/YAH COMMANDMENT

JOSHUA-1:8 NKJV REVELATION-14:12-NKJV REVELATION-22:14-NKJV

PSALM-1:2-3-NKJV ROMAN-2:13 NKJV

PLEASE ALSO READ ( ACT 21 )

TO SEE APOSTLE PAUL DOING ANIMAL SACRIFICE AFTER THE DEATH OF CHRIST/YESHUA AND PAUL WAS ALSO TAKEN FOR AN EGYPTIAN BECAUSE ANCIENT EGYPTIAN WERE BLACK

Pls let us meet on email ( shaloms179@gmail.com )
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Kobojunkie: 11:30pm On May 21, 2021
hakeem4:
God makes you pass through trials

The devil tempts you cheesy
It is not just the devil that tempts one. There is also good temptation, only that most of us are used to assuming we are only tempted to do evil. undecided

Lure to Good + Lure to Evil == Temptation
Re: What Is The Difference Between Trial And Temptation by Kobojunkie: 4:53am On May 26, 2021
tete7000:

Maybe God permits the devil to try us, not that he try us himself. God allowed Jesus be crucified because it is the only way our salvation is wrought. We still can't say God crucified Christ. God doesn't do evil but can turn everything that has an appearance of evil to the good of his own.
1. What is sin? It is simply a choice made in disobedience of God's teachings and commandments.

2. Temptation refers to a combination of options , good and evil combined presented to you in order to help you decide where your heart lies as far as God's teachings and commandments.

So whenever you see that you are tempted, note that you are presented both good and evil options from which you are expected to choose.

GOOD lure + EVIL lure === Temptation

You are never my tempted by with an Evil lure, there is also always the good or lesser evil, no matter how strong the one side appears to you to be. undecided

3. Jesus Christ came knowing He would need to die on the cross. God fore knew and planned the death of Jesus Christ. God allowed the death, which was planned to go on without stopping it. Ofcourse God does not do evil but it was not the devil that put Jesus Christ on that cross on that day. undecided

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Bible Is Just A Story Book , I Don't Know If Am The Only One Seeing It.. / Is Abortion Wrong In Cases Of Rape, Incest Or When The Mother's Life Is At Risk? / The Head Of Goliath Discorved By A German Archeologist, Dr Martin.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.