Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,762 members, 7,824,186 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 03:36 AM

God Is Love; Christ Is Pain - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / God Is Love; Christ Is Pain (344 Views)

Life Is Pain / 1 John Kjv (whoever does not love does not know GOD, because GOD is love) / God Is Love ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

God Is Love; Christ Is Pain by LadyNaija(f): 12:29pm On Sep 24, 2017
We who are Christian believe that God is love. We believe it with our souls because we feel the enduring truth of it — and we believe it with our minds because in the Bible (at 1 John 4:cool, it says, right there in black and white, “God is love.”

Which pretty neatly settles it.

But wait! There’s more!

And we all know what that “more” is, of course. That “more” is the whole rest of our religion. That “more” is Christ’s willing sacrifice for us on the cross.

The point is: Christ slaughtered himself for us. And he didn’t do it as a God, because (I assume) that would have caused him a great deal less physical pain than it did. Instead, he let himself be tortured as a man, complete with at least as many nerve endings as you or I have. And when it happened, Jesus didn’t bleed sunlight, and he didn’t cry tears of rain, and he didn’t sweat beads of gold.

He bled real blood; he cried real tears; he sweat real salt. And you won’t read about it in the Bible, but I’m betting he also wet himself with real urine.
What happened that day to our Lord was as ugly as ugly gets.

We know that. And we know Christ had to die exactly as he did, because he knew that that’s the kind of hard truth and imagery we would need in order to make and keep perpetually real for us the fact that he did virtually everything possible to ensure that we understood that, for all of eternity following the moment he said “It is finished,” the price of every single nasty, selfish, destructive, mean thing we ever did or ever could do was paid off, by him, in full.

God became a man who allowed his skin to be torn from his body so that those who believed in the miracle of his being and purpose would never have to live with the caustic, grueling, ferociously destructive force that is unrelieved guilt. He took into his body the totality of the negative ramifications for everything wrong or evil that any of us would ever do or think, and he forever put all of it to rest. In terms as true as they are simple, Jesus Christ traded his life for our freedom.

So yeah, I think “God is love” pretty effectively covers it. To be honest, I’m almost surprised there are any other words in the Bible at all.

http://www.naijanewspapers.com.ng/2017/09/god-is-love-christ-is-pain.html

[img]https://1.bp..com/-zZ2JT0Zx6CE/WceWp-lKIsI/AAAAAAAAGn8/nVMOt8gvcIsSrGH3ia8BbZykt85ormEsACLcBGAs/s640/love.jpg[/img]
Re: God Is Love; Christ Is Pain by purem(m): 12:37pm On Sep 24, 2017
Re: God Is Love; Christ Is Pain by adepeter2027(m): 12:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
God is evil

Christ is devilish
Re: God Is Love; Christ Is Pain by obisco4u: 8:45pm On Sep 24, 2017
Rubbish!

(1) (Reply)

Repent Today! The Kingdom Of God Is At Hand! Jesus Christ Is Lord Of All! / Christianity And Civilization Started In Africa(biblical Verses) / Busy But Not Building.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.