Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,696 members, 7,955,629 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 11:24 AM

Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge (1289 Views)

DOWNLOAD MP3: Ebuka Songs – I Will Pray / First People To Have Recorded And Take Serious Or Believe In The Afterlife / My Wife Gave Her December Salary As Seed To Rev. Father Without My Knowledge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by jdluv(f): 3:03pm On Sep 24, 2017
please i need advice from music career men and women. I write and compose songs but yet to produce any due to financial constrain. Last year at my local assembly i ministered in a song i composed and lives were touched includin my pastor's wife. Fast forwardin this year i relocated and had to leave that assembly, i joined a new one but under the same mission. During one of our general program i heard my former pastor's wife organised a group in the church and they are working on an album. Now i saw that album today its been released and lo and behold my song was the main track word for word , the album was even named after the track. Till now she has not even called to tell me anything. I dont know if there is anything i can do to get something on the song.
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by achu442(m): 7:55pm On Sep 24, 2017
Message me..We have music business to discuss.
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by Analysiscorner: 9:42am On Oct 28, 2017
Approach the pastor's wife and tell her that she plagiarised your work. For a start, she must acknowledge you as the composer.
Then, the monetary aspect would be settled according to your wish : paying you an agreed sum once, or paying you royalty.
I am not in the music industry. But I know of the acknowledgement stuff. If she refuses to acknowledge you, threatento sue her and be sure to carry out your threat.

1 Like

Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by OtemSapien: 10:49am On Oct 28, 2017
Fraud is the landmark of pastors and evangelists. Take heart or take it up lawfully. Take one of the two piece of advice.

1 Like

Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by ojobolinda: 1:18pm On Oct 28, 2017
OtemSapien:
Fraud is the landmark of pastors and evangelists. Take heart or take it up lawfully. Take one of the two piece of advice.
Can't u make a simple comment without badmouthing Men of God or God himself..... Na wa for u o.... Everything na abuse for ur side.
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by OtemSapien: 1:22pm On Oct 28, 2017
ojobolinda:
Can't u make a simple comment without badmouthing Men of God or God himself..... Na wa for u o.... Everything na abuse for ur side.
I have never badmouthed men of God because there is nothing such as 'men of God'. Rather, I tell the truth about Yahweh and 'men of Yahweh'! who are making a mess of many brains in my country, Africa and all over the world.
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by GodsMopol: 2:30pm On Oct 28, 2017
Well, I could have said the Holy Spirit gives songs, but it might not be word for word
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by skyhighweb(m): 8:13pm On Dec 13, 2017
jdluv:
please i need advice from music career men and women. I write and compose songs but yet to produce any due to financial constrain. Last year at my local assembly i ministered in a song i composed and lives were touched includin my pastor's wife. Fast forwardin this year i relocated and had to leave that assembly, i joined a new one but under the same mission. During one of our general program i heard my former pastor's wife organised a group in the church and they are working on an album. Now i saw that album today its been released and lo and behold my song was the main track word for word , the album was even named after the track. Till now she has not even called to tell me anything. I dont know if there is anything i can do to get something on the song.
so whats d update on stolen d album
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by jdluv(f): 5:58am On Dec 14, 2017
skyhighweb:
so whats d update on stolen d album
everyone toldme to get over it.I did but since then have not broughtin my personal songsto any rehearsal
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by skyhighweb(m): 7:31am On Dec 14, 2017
jdluv:
everyone toldme to get over it.I did but since then have not broughtin my personal songsto any rehearsal
i understand u pain, sorry where in nig are u? lets see hw we can get u some brandnew songs recorded
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by jdluv(f): 10:38am On Dec 14, 2017
skyhighweb:
i understand u pain, sorry where in nig are u? lets see hw we can get u some brandnew songs recorded
thanks bro
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by Chukazu: 11:40am On Dec 14, 2017
jdluv:
thanks bro

Just seek to be "acknowledged " by them and make peace . never tow the line of agrimony .

There is always more ahead ... and you are made for more

I write and compose songs too...Hope we can share Ideas

Cheers!

1 Like

Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by skyhighweb(m): 3:50pm On Dec 14, 2017
jdluv:
thanks bro
no probs bro abi sis pm me am my studio is about complete
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by budaatum: 3:59pm On Dec 14, 2017
jdluv:
You have not gotten over it, and should not have to. I bet if you know go about performing that song, pastor wife will come after you!

Make sure you register your rights to your songs. You may want to use that fact in the future sometime.
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by jdluv(f): 5:19pm On Dec 14, 2017
budaatum:

You have not gotten over it, and should not have to. I bet if you know go about performing that song, pastor wife will come after you!

Make sure you register your rights to your songs. You may want to use that fact in the future sometime.
how do i register my right to a song?
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by budaatum: 11:45pm On Dec 14, 2017
jdluv:
how do i register my right to a song?
Refer to the following:

How to copyright a song
Nigerian Copyright e-Registration System

And do an online search.
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by Nobody: 12:41am On Dec 15, 2017
Chukazu:

Just seek to be "acknowledged " by them and make peace . never tow the line of agrimony .

There is always more ahead ... and you are made for more

I write and compose songs too...Hope we can share Ideas

Cheers!

Agrimony? Wonderful.
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by Chukazu: 7:57am On Dec 15, 2017
bizme:

Agrimony? Wonderful.

Yes sir!
You haven't seen wonder before

What else?
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by Fawklicant: 10:44pm On Dec 22, 2017
Chukazu:

Yes sir!
You haven't seen wonder before

What else?

Acrimony
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by Chukazu: 12:47pm On Dec 23, 2017
Fawklicant:

Acrimony

It's obviously a "typo"
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by Eastatlantaniqqa(m): 5:40pm On Jan 15, 2018
sue her !!!
Re: Songs I Composed Were Recorded And Produced Without My Knowledge by davidif: 3:42am On Jan 22, 2018
jdluv:

Woah!

(1) (Reply)

Jehovah’s Witnesses Lose Court Battle To Suppress Freedom Of Speech / After Giving Your Life To Christ, When You Sin What Happen? / Foluke Adeboye Made Puff-Puff For #EndSARS Protesters (Video)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 48
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.