Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,613 members, 7,813,008 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 03:43 AM

When You Think You Met A Dullard. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / When You Think You Met A Dullard. (498 Views)

The Girl I Met (A Short Story) / When Last We Met!~ A Story By Babatunde Isiaq / The Day I Was Told I Am A "Dullard" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

When You Think You Met A Dullard. by pendragon35(m): 4:43pm On Sep 25, 2017
……………………AND SHE DISAPPEARED FOR GOOD.
The early hours of Monday was more of a positive vibe as I murmured in mind while trekking down from FUTO NDDC hostel. Due to sweltering nature of the sun, I took a stop-over at the park before I continue.

Not more than 5minutes, I went back to my track keeping the thought unraveled.
"Hello pls" I heard from a pretty girl of about 5ft height, chocolate in complexion putting on a skimpy orange blouse with a black jacket.

"Yes" (with an awesome look from me).
How may I help you? as I asked with all cheerful look.

......... eh ehm please I am new to this place and I came to buy the POST UME form discoursed by Lynda(not real name)
Ooooh (I laughed in swahili; What a vittle from above?
As a cool dude who have been on streets since the declaration of ASUU strike yet (nigga no get money for subscription)
It took me some seconds to digest the most romantic approach for my answer, at least to get an aproko money at the end of the day.
......erm, the tête-à-tête started with an average polished English.
It is just 2k then the processing and other things just roughly 4k I opined.
As I told her the necessary steps to get it and but she seems to need my help.
As a sharp guy, I told her my friend owns a cyber café (What a fat lie ! ) is just to buy the form and we will help her to process it.
Oo thanks as she nodded a sign of relief.
Go to diamond bank, buy it then, I am waiting for you at SEET HEAD I will pick you up from there.
Though some guys around seems to notice that the chick is a newbie, I just have to focus on the discussion cum advice to avoid any trespassing of any kind.
(Futo bois bad joor, dem too like girls).

With every joy of a lost sheep, I sat down on the tiled mass concrete seats under the mango tree singing songs of joy to God, what a blissful day?
Upon zooming off, I ran to one of those guys to ascertain the actual price, lo and behold it was just #500….maga must pay joor.
For over 1hour I was still waiting keenly to finish up the task yet the girl is nowhere to be found.
Perhaps, I gave in this thought that she might have disappeared for good, but other side of my mind keep repeating the trumpets of a baseless hope.

With my Atm, I withdrew the last #1000 drove down to diamond bank to discover the reason for the delay. To my greatest surprise, I checked every place even went as far as asking the bankers about her where about only for me to hear she has been off for over 1hour ago.

I couldn’t hold my anger, I rushed out of the bank asked all the securities yet the same response. It was then I realized that the slay mama I tagged a novice was more of street girl who after buying the form took off to unknown destination.......
Even as of typing this, I am still searching for the girl all-round the school with all enthusiasm and confidence but the sharp girl disappeared for good.......

Anyway soldier go, soldier come barrack go still exist.....but wahali inside me I don die.......
What a wasteful day

(1) (Reply)

Win $100 In Afriforum Price For Short Story / The Untitled Story By Benson Sibigam. / Recommed "Ghost Stories" For Me!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.