Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,791 members, 7,810,060 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 07:44 PM

Cardi B's “bodak Yellow” Hits Number 1 On The Billboard 100 Chart - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Cardi B's “bodak Yellow” Hits Number 1 On The Billboard 100 Chart (518 Views)

Rudeboy New Album Hits Number 3 Worldwide On Apple Music To Albums / Yung6ix High Star Album Hits Number 4 On Itunes World Chart 10hrs After Release / Nollywood Movie, "My Wife And I" Hits Number 1 In The Box Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Cardi B's “bodak Yellow” Hits Number 1 On The Billboard 100 Chart by Thomasloaded(m): 8:37pm On Sep 25, 2017
American rapper and songwriter, Belcalis Almanzar, populary known as Cardi B, breaks a 19 year record with hit song "Bodak Yellow (Money Moves)" has hit No 1 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. This makes her the second female rapper to top the Hot 100 without any other billed artists, following Lauryn Hill's first solo Hot 100 entry - "Doo Wop (That Thing) in 1998.

According to Billboard;
Cardi B is only the fifth female rapper ever to lead the Hot 100 at all. After Hill, Lil' Kim ruled for five weeks in 2001 with Christina Aguilera, Mya and P!nk on "Lady Marmalade"; Shawnna reigned as featured on Ludacris' "Stand Up," which topped the Dec. 6, 2003, chart; and Iggy Azalea's introductory Hot 100 hit, "Fancy," featuring Charli XCX, led for seven weeks in 2014.
Cardi B is also the first female soloist to top the Hot 100 with a debut track unaccompanied by another artist since Meghan Trainor, whose "All About That Bass" led for eight weeks beginning Sept. 20, 2014.
Taylor Swift's "Look What You Made Me Do" dips to No. 3 on the Hot 100 after three weeks at No. 1. It keeps at No. 2 on Digital Song Sales (58,000, down 17 percent); falls 2-4 on Streaming Songs (32.7 million, down 18 percent); and is steady at No. 10 on Radio Songs (79 million, up 3 percent).

Source: http://www.thomasloaded.com/2017/09/cardi-bs-bodak-yellow-hits-number-1-on.html

(1) (Reply)

What Will U Do If I Told You These Musicians Were Native Doctors / #BeefAlert: Azealia Banks Drags Cardi B Over Her #1 Spot; Cardi B Slams Her Back / Breaking: Peter Apologised To Fans And Anounce The Coming Back Of P-square

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.