Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,761 members, 7,817,104 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:46 AM

Imposition Of Dress Code In Nigerian Universities - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Imposition Of Dress Code In Nigerian Universities (2656 Views)

Top 10 Nigerian Universities With The Most Beautiful Girls See Which Is Numba-1 / 5 Boring Departments In Nigerian Universities / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Imposition Of Dress Code In Nigerian Universities by ty4eva(f): 2:46am On Feb 17, 2007
This particular issue is so painful. University Education has now become a do or die affair and the issue of strict adherence to dress code is not even helping matters. The doctrine, in my school is being enforced to the letters up to the point of the types of ear-rings to be worn. There is no longer freedom of expression and those of us who are fashionable and yet decent ar being forced to dress like S.U's. It's really annoying and pissing especially in my school, University of ilorin and particularly in my faculty, Faculty of Law.

My effervescent and intelligent nairalanders, please can't one dress nicely again?. Despite the fact that about 75% of the students areb decent, they still want us to dress like moslems and S.U's. Please what can one to do to stop this dress code madness. I am even sometimes harrased in the library, I believe my picture on nairaland is decent enough. Can u believe that i was actually embarrassed the day i wore that same attire? i was told it is too tight.
Abeg, wetin person go do 4 our Nigerian Universities to staisfy them? Does one have to dress like sister MarY or Alhaja Sukura?
Re: Imposition Of Dress Code In Nigerian Universities by JosBoy4Lif(m): 2:51am On Feb 17, 2007
Na lie, how can you tell me you wore an attire similar to that and they scorned you?
BTW do you bleach, your fingers don't match the complection of your faceĀ  lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: Imposition Of Dress Code In Nigerian Universities by ty4eva(f): 3:04am On Feb 17, 2007
Josboy4lif
God forbid bad thing! me? bleach? i guess it's d quality of the picture/ Well, if you think i am lieing perhpas you should come and carry out a research yourself.
Re: Imposition Of Dress Code In Nigerian Universities by JosBoy4Lif(m): 3:09am On Feb 17, 2007
Ya I guess, But why would Nigerian schools be complaining about an attire like the one in your picture.
Man when I was back home I used to see girls drssing way more revealing than that, and this was in UNIJOS, so I dunnOOO
Re: Imposition Of Dress Code In Nigerian Universities by naijacutee(f): 6:21am On Feb 17, 2007
I don't think it's right to restrict people dresswise. They could do with a little broadness without compromising their principles. For example they could say : " Tight clothing and revealing body piercings are not allowed" but they shouldn't be given the liberty to dictate to people what they should wear. Because it's noy really etical to take the power of choice from people. Especially if they are adults.
Re: Imposition Of Dress Code In Nigerian Universities by Engrben1(f): 1:16pm On Oct 01, 2010
cry

(1) (Reply)

Neco Gce Postponed / 2014 Study In India Scholarship For Nigerians / ATBU 2016/17 Aspirants Thread

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.